1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

banned for almost 1 or 2 months but why ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shalwan, Mar 27, 2013.

I have been using DP from a long time and guess what i was banned for 1 or 2 months, all i did was replied to a topic who asked to buy domain for sale.

I am very old DP member and all my likes have been deleted i had almost 6 likes now there are only 2 likes remaining.

Why this has been done ? while i was banned i could not even asked anyone on DP to find out why i was banned.

shalwan, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When you say you had almost 6 likes does that mean you actually only had 5?, perhaps the posts you had originally got likes from were deleted so the "likes" have also gone.
    It should have told you the reason in the email you received telling you that you have been banned.
    I'm guessing it's for making posts like this: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/logo-design-50.2645810/#post-18524172
    It adds nothing to the thread and chances are you will get another warning for it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    malky66, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  3. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is just how most Asian members have been feeling recently. Asian traffic on DP is not that welcome anymore.
    We have been treated unfairly and made fun off. Something is being done by me as I type this.

wonay, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You do *not* speak for Asian members and most do *not* feel that way. If you insist on shooting off your mouth, then do so...but speak only for yourself.:mad:

Spoiltdiva, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  5. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure will be doing exactly that. Do you always try to put Asian members (who actually live in Asia) down like this all the time?
    Just wondering since you seem to be defending Asians on some threads and now putting down guys like me for no real reason at all.
    Also, Asian traffic to DP has dropped by over 30 percent during the last 3 months.
    I am sure many of you who support DP so openly will say that my research or statement is wrong but that doesn't change the fact that it is true.

And, really, what really makes me angry right now is the fact that you tried your best to make fun of my post titled "top 10 pets in India" saying that goats were a religious joke so you weren't openly stating it on the thread.

Get a life and don't just be a thread filler here.

wonay, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Please stop playing the race card, you're making a fool of yourself. This has nothing to do with whatever race you are. It's about you and I disagreeing on an issue.

7. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do not tell me what to do and mind your own business please.
    Enough is enough of this. You and the 14 others have been making a lot of fun of members like me for no real reason.
    Just try and be nice for a change and don't run around my threads and replies trying to get more LIKES from your followers.

How exactly are you qualified to call me a FOOL??
    Please do let me know since this is some serious allegations being thrown here by you and a few others over the past few threads I have been making.

wonay, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I am *not* following you around. You have made 2 threads today complaining, and I'm simply disagreeing with you...... Public forum remember?

9. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Disagreeing is fine, making baseless allegations is completely wrong.
    And, if the forums do not do something about it then that will be their own downfall.
    Either ways, DP is touching 500 on ALEXA in April 2013. First time I think during the last 2 years.
    So, for every little word you 15 members say there is mine that stands firm with proof. So really NEVER mind.

Also, I haven't been coming online as often as I did last month. Simply because I know for sure NOW how badly members like me are being treated. I can feel the resentment and hatred towards people like me on DP now. And, this shall not be forgotten nor shall it be ignored. I have fought for my rights in the past and I really care 2 hoots about what 15 of you think when I am fighting for the rights of many, many more.

wonay, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  10. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I do not think its true. I am from India and I am active here after the new system and I really love it. I never felt DP is racial or biased to anyone.

kingofking, Mar 27, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  11. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, that doesn't explain why I am being treated like this for the past few weeks on so many threads.
    Also, does not explain the OP's issue either. Nor the traffic drop to Asian countries.
    Maybe you are among the few who are being treated fairly. Could that be possible or do you want to dispute that as well?

Also, I read a page on this forum where the owner of this site said that certain IPs from certain areas of the world were not even allowed to register NOW. Wow, what a revelation. Would sure like to know how he analyzes those IPs coming into DP's servers.

wonay, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  12. kingofking

Best Answers:

Wonay, I really don't know what made you so sick about DP. but, my suggestion is just calm down or relax yourself. If you feel others are making fun of you, stand up and you too can make fun of them! Else, opt to ignore those persons. Easy way is it not?

OP's issue is not clear here. To which thread did he reply ? Was his reply relevant to the thread? We do not know much details and hence we cannot comment on that.

Drop in Asian traffic is true. But, remember spammers and scammers are also more from Asian traffic. Its true and we have to accept it. You and I may be genuine members but in general Asian traffic has much spams/scams and hence this new system is seen as on which has curtailed the spammers and scammers and hence the drop in Asian traffic.

malky66 likes this.
  13. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    KingofKing, I have tried my best to understand this new LIKES system and have posted a couple of threads about the same. Unfortunately, instead of trying to help me understand it I have proof of 15 members here putting me down, making fun of my language and words used in the post, and some have even gone to the extent of insulting my reputation, knowledge and personality.

After a few days, when I made another post to address this member bashing I was facing then I was made even more fun and told to get out from here. If that is not discrimination then what is.

I have managed and run thousands of websites, and certainly more than the owner of DP will ever manage or own till the day he dies. When I feel that people are putting me down or being racist then I know exactly what I am talking about. Here, perhaps, this guy who owns this joint is a one man show so he cannot see beyond whatever little he knows of the online world and the real world. So I do not blame him for this entirely but the sad treatment I have received is not right at all. Even an Asian member on this forum is a human being, and if I am being treated unfairly because of some other reasons then I will certainly do my best to know why, and take the strictest possible action to eradicate all this unfair treatment on such forums.

I have done this to 8 other websites online and even stopped the Miss Bhutan pageant from happening last year. So, I fight for my rights when I see something unfair happening. It is really sad what has been happening on this forum but I can smell something really, really fishy going on here right now.

wonay, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  14. kingofking

Best Answers:
    Wonay, please do not think I am also partial or biased. When I started exploring this new system, you were also one such active person that even I started following you to get regular updates you post on domains section. You were such a great member and you made people to follow you! First, feel good that you are an established member and you have followers and people look forward to you. Please do not feel down.

I too posted your top 10 pets thread and Spoiltdiva did said that he/she reminds of some joke about goat. That was not a personal vindictive statement against you. Just realize that. Please do not take things to your heart. Take it on a lighter note. You could have asked for what joke he/she is getting reminded about goats and you too could have made some fun and kept the thread on lighter vein which would be interesting for us also to read.

If you continue to feel people are bugging you, just ignore them! whats the big deal? Why do you need to worry about that 14 members here? You have an ignore option. Just use it. Can you please prove Asian members are NOT even treated as humans? Do you realize the weight of blame you are now putting it on the other community people? I find much of friendly people here and I think since you are pissed off with DP(for some reason), it is always haunting you that even a lighter comment hits your mind and heart badly.

15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @woney.
    I want you to believe me here. I *honestly* don't think anyone is against you because you are from India. I *HATE* discrimination of any kind. Everyone knows how I have stood against it here whenever I *think* I have seen it. Last week I reported a member who I believe *is* a racist. If people are putting you down it's because they don't care for your opinions not your race.
    I get criticized all the time (maybe sometimes I deserve it;)) but it's not because I am originally from France is it? It's because some do not care for my opinions, and or my conduct on here......fair enough.

kingofking likes this.
  16. kingofking

Best Answers:

Exactly! @woney, even our own blood brothers and sisters will try to pull our legs to have fun. But, we take it light just because they are our own brothers and sisters. Similarly, handle things lightly. Have fun. Stay calm. If you really feel someone is racist, do report it and I am sure action would be taken. Why to take the entire DP community as a "racist" community?

17. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SpoiltDiva and KingofKing I would like to thank you for taking the time and giving me so much insight into my issue. Unfortunately, I feel me getting 2 infractions for no reason at all was the nail in the coffin for me. What made it worse was the reason given by the owner of this forum for issuing those warnings to me - Duplicate THREADS!

Anyway, I decided to come here today to try and straighten things out a bit and perhaps find something good about this joint again. I am still to see it. My track record cannot and never will be confined to a forum like this. LIFE means much, much more than just this small tiny forum on the web.

I know exactly how these changes are affecting the traffic to Digital Point but I find it amusing and surprising that all of you have been so arrogantly voicing your opinions against me. You guys have never once sat down here and tried to understand why I am doing this. Now, right now, today, is the first time that you two have tried but still I don't get it. If I am not being treated unfairly why do all these printouts I have taken here which have already been forwarded to my legal representative prove otherwise. For once, it is time that an issue on DP is taken beyond the walls of DP.

TRUST ME when I say that I know exactly when someone treats another person unfairly and unjustly.
    My reputation online speaks for itself but when I came on this tiny hole online I discovered how little some 15 odd members know about life.

wonay, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  18. kingofking

Best Answers:
    Yes! I too dont know what made you feel so! Something could have hurt you. But, as you said this DP is not life. its just a small forum. So why to worry! Forget DP ! Forget the 15 odd members and take a peaceful step ahead :)

Good luck in all your future endeavors my friend!

19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @wonay
    You don't need to waste $$$ on a lawyer, all you need to do is make more posts like the last one and you *will* get a good reputation. Fire your lawyer and save some money!

20. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will keep your advice in mind. I certainly wished you had been so consoling earlier.

wonay, Mar 27, 2013 IP