1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Happened?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by zspuckl, Mar 26, 2013.

I feel like it's impossible to get likes on here, there are people out there with HUNDREDS of message count and not even 3 likes, no matter how much you seem to contribute it seems impossible to reach the 3 like count for selling stuff....

I just wanna sell a website quick and easy...

zspuckl, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  2. Feriscool

Feriscool Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's hard, I've been stuck at 2 likes for 2 days now and continuously posting.

Feriscool, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  3. zspuckl

zspuckl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I just don't think the system has been implemented they way it was theorized to work...

zspuckl, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Can I offer you a tip as to how to acquire likes quickly? Just get involved in one of the conversation threads. You may not naturally want to do so, but that will probably get you likes.
    Or offer some good tech advice, and also humor does seem to work. You may as well give it a go. Many members have gotten all 3 likes with just 1 post......good luck with this.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 27, 2013 IP
    Deceth likes this.
  5. craig crawford

craig crawford Member

Best Answers:
    I have been giving advice also, lol... I got nil, nada, zilch! ha ha. Even wrote and ESSAY! So see how that goes,lol...

The Warrior Forum is easy to acquire thanks on there... but saying that, it is pretty large for a forum. And can be full of idiots! especially the owner. That's why I have seeked out refuge in greener pastures :D

craig crawford, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Helping greenhorns is the way to go as for handing out advice. True, being greenhorns they have no likes to give. But....established members will see you trying to help and that is how you will get the likes.
    Go on General Chat and help the newbies out.;)

7. AKraly

AKraly Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking the same thing while posting on here (likes vs post count seems to be very low for a lot of members)... then I saw a comment I wanted to like and couldn't figure out how to do it!

AKraly, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Once you receive 3 likes (they have to be from 3 different members) a LIKE button will appear on all future posts. It will appear right next to the REPLY button.

9. craig crawford

craig crawford Member

Best Answers:
    I deserve likes.... I'm Awesome!

craig crawford, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Seeing as you've scored zero likes, it would appear that no one agrees with you.:rolleyes:

11. kajakske

kajakske Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't really get likes for giving advise.
    Most questions are asked by new members, and since only established member can give out likes, it's almost impossible to get likes by giving advise to these new members ...

kajakske, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Actually I *have* received likes for giving advice and helping newbies. I received the likes from other established members. In fact I received 2 likes from 1 post, and it had to do with giving advice to a newbie. (This week on General Chat forum)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  13. LFCtalk

LFCtalk Peon

Best Answers:
    I like myself so surely that matters?

LFCtalk, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  14. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

That is totally false. I give tons of likes when I see someone helping someone else, especially if the OP can't give a like.

browntwn, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  15. NeilUK

NeilUK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I actually think that having to earn 3 likes before being able to sell your wares is a good idea. It encourages better interaction between us all, allowing for better posts and advice to be given. And let's face it, if someone has taken the time and trouble to get those 3 likes, they must be fairly committed so I would be more likely to look at what they have for sale.

Just my thoughts ...

NUK

NeilUK, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  16. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I had 3 likes on one post this afternoon, so "impossible" might be overstated. And like Browntown, I regularly reward people that assist others... so I'm baffled by the idea 3 likes is such a high hurdle.

Most of those complaining about this could have easily passed the threshold already if they spent the time they devote to griping about the new system posting something of value instead.

robjones, Mar 27, 2013 IP
    Deceth and snakeair like this.
  17. craig crawford

craig crawford Member

Best Answers:
    Say again? :rolleyes:

craig crawford, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Touche...here I am with egg on my face. You made me chuckle with your post and I *almost* gave you your 2nd like for making me laugh........"almost".;)
    By the way, congratulations on getting your first like......see not so hard was it?

Spoiltdiva, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  19. Deceth

Deceth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now pay very close attention all you little buggers,

Getting three likes on this forum is one of the easiest things you'll ever get the opportunity to fail at in life.

That's exactly why the system works so well... because it's setup to be so easy, only the sorts of folks we don't want selling stuff can possibly not achieve these incredibly low standards.

I'm not being condescending. I'm challenging you to be better. I'm begging you to consider that a little bit of effort will make your life a whole lot better.

And it's really simple. Help others before whining and complaining about how they're not helping you.

Give a little to get a little.

This forum is crazy enough to try and promote wild ideas like teamwork and cooperation.

Don't be sad if the forum tries to prevent spam and freeloading. Embrace the opportunity. Realize this will make your ability to actually complete sales successfully that much better. Realize if you ever need to purchase a service, this will reduce the chance of you being ripped off or buying crap.

Realize, you can't always receive instant gratification, sometimes you need to invest some time and work.

Trust me, I used to wish I could join a forum and have people throw money at me. I used to wish I could make one post, then slather myself in bacon from all my instant earnings. I used to wish I could register a domain name, then sell it for one-billion dollars three days later.

Wish. You can keep wishing for those three likes. Or, you can do something about it. Go help somebody, and feel good about it even if you don't get any likes. The likes will come eventually whether you like it or not.

Deceth, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  20. craig crawford

craig crawford Member

Best Answers:

Ha ha :) Glad it tickled you! BUT! hang on... you can't just say you "almost" liked me!! How unfair is that?! lol.. Teasing! :(

craig crawford, Mar 28, 2013 IP