1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Marketing Still Has A Chance

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by qwikad.com, Mar 21, 2013.

Interesting thoughts:

Emarketer predicts a steady trajectory of email usage from 2012 to 2016 and has seen increases in spending on email (in addition to social, mobile, and search). For new customer acquisition, Emarketer says, email topped the list at 83.6% of delivery methods both business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketers intended to use.

More: http://justicewordlaw.com/email-marketing-still-has-a-chance/

qwikad.com, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  2. aarthielumalai

aarthielumalai Member

Best Answers:
    Of course email marketing has a chance. Research has found that people spend more than 50% of their online time reading email, so that's the best way to reach them. They are not necessarily in social mode like they are on facebook or twitter, because I'm sure at least some of their usual mails are not just fun mails.

So, the best way to get sales from people is still email marketing. Some people just abuse it, and that's why they don't get the expected results.

aarthielumalai, Mar 21, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. Shane1234

Shane1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is highly effective but there's more to it than just adding a opt in box to your blog or website. First what is it about you that will make people opt in the first place? Are you offering helpful information that can only be obtained from joining your mailing list? Are you offering something FREE that shouldn't be? Or are you offering something that has no value with a lot of fluff and rhetoric. Whatever the case you have to get people to opt in first. Now that they've opt in what's going to get them to open your email? The subject line is key in grasping their attention. Create a title that peaks their curiosity. Something like "you have 4 days to get this". Or something to that nature. Be creative in your subject line. Now you have to close the deal in your email. You already gave them a reason to opt in and a reason to open your email now it's time to close the deal. Make your email short and sweet and to the point. Don't ramble! Be clear. Speak to them as if you knew them for years! Very important! Use their name and speak to them as a friend. Also offer them benefits and free information. How will whatever your offering truly benefit them. Articulate it quickly and precisely how this email will benefit them. Last but not least have a call to action. Don't be afraid to tell them what you want them to do. Use these tips and email marketing has more than a chance.

Shane1234, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  4. suidmach

suidmach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is one of the most useful tools on the web. The main thing is that it is much more effective when the email subscriber is the solicitor of the email. If the recipient wants to receive your content, then you will have a much higher conversion rate. If you are just email bombing random addresses, then you won't stand a chance.

suidmach, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  5. webevelyn

webevelyn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

I am trying to get a new site known out there in the internet world and I was thinking of maybe starting an email campaign where I can introduce my website to webmasters.

Would any of you know of a good place to do this? A site that provides this service and is reliable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

E

webevelyn, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  6. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

That is right my dear friend.

Many marketers abuse their lists by pitching all the time they can. The idea is to build a relationship with your list. We need to be helpful as much as we can to our list and position ourselves as the experts in a specific subject matter (niche). By doing that, chances are that our list takes us more seriously when we introduce products they are interested in buying.

If we are good to our list, when the right time comes, our list is going to be good to us.
    The idea here is to treat our list as people who have dreams, feelings, expectations, desires, etc.

Many marketers treat their list as CYBER-CREDIT CARDS. All they want is, money and money from them
    without giving value first.

Gianni Palazzo, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  7. aarthielumalai

aarthielumalai Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, I mean, if people wanted to see advertisements and sales messages, they'd go to the relevant marketplaces. They want to know the list owners views on things, and that's why they are opting into their list.

In my opinion, an autoresponder series should only consist of ad-free messages and soft-sells, no hard-sells at all, until the list owner is announcing his own product launch. Be their friend, and suggest products to them. Would they be more likely to buy it if you suggested it to them, or if you sold it to them?

Sadly, this is something a lot of the marketers would probably never understand. I can't count the number of lists I've unsubscribed from because of this very reason.

aarthielumalai, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  8. BlueEyedDigitalDotCom

BlueEyedDigitalDotCom Peon

Best Answers:
    E-marketing definitely has a chance. Through e-marketing you are able to segment your database and then create personalized campaigns to your clients. Through the measurement tools you can discover who has opened your e-mails and how many times etc. These kind of tangible results are a lot more informative than more traditional methods like simply handing out flyers on the street.

BlueEyedDigitalDotCom, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  9. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

We as marketer need to change our mindset. We need to learn how treat our list with respect and not abuse it.

At the end of the day, people buy when they are ready. The idea is to educate our list and let them know that we are the right people, they can get all the support they need from us.

Gianni Palazzo, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still have a lot of faith in email marketing, still building my list. People should keep email marketing in mind, it's the easiest way.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  11. ahmet teke

ahmet teke Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it needs a new way to use e-mail as a marketing tool. Because of spammers, users don't want to see different e-mails in their inboxes. So, I think we need to has a new approach that thinks e-mail as a social network. And be involved in this conversation.

ahmet teke, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  12. Sophia Myles

Sophia Myles Greenhorn

Best Answers:

You can give Comm100 a try. It offers a high inbox delivery and is easy to use.
    http://emailmarketing.comm100.com/

Sophia Myles, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  13. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Do not waste your time and effort building a list only to have your subscribers unsubscribe because they keep getting emails from you selling them something. Make sure that you provide helpful information on the first few emails to build trust with your subscriber, then a soft sell, then informational emails again.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Mar 26, 2013 IP