1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is alternetive of SEO for improving ranking of website on Google?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by albert desuja, Mar 18, 2013.

Hi,
    Google updates according to time increase rapidly, We can also says Google restriction. In this situation I could not getting any alternative of SEO for improving ranking of website on Google? If any one have effective alternate then please suggest me.

Don't give alternate like email marketing, SMO, mobile marketing because those are enough for traffic generation for limited period and very costly and not provide any stable result. I am only want to know about process by which I find stable ranking for keyword.

albert desuja, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  2. DaffodilSW

DaffodilSW Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is no alternative to SEO, as of now for organic rankings. But, if you can spend extra money then can go for PPC as it provides fruitful results if done properly.

DaffodilSW, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  3. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Like Daff said.... There's NO alternative to SEO per say, everything pretty much is considered SEO unless you do PPC and a few other things I won't mention..lol

Otherwise, Social Signals are playing a bigger role in ranking a site than ever before.. As in, the more Likes, Shares, Tweets, Bookmarks and so-on that you have, the more relevance you have to any given keyword when trying to rank..

Now, though that seems easier said than done, DO NOT go and BUY Likes, Tweets or anything like that; Google can sniff that shit out in a heart beat!

Holla!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    GuruCreation, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  4. meteve

meteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Create relevant content, people will eventually find you and so will Google.

meteve, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  5. techwizardsolutions

techwizardsolutions Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, once SEO stood for search engine optimization, that meant using your meta tags correctly, making sure that certain rules like not putting in text that had the same color as the background. Deploying your page text so that keywords were specifically placed, highlighted and met the recommended number of occurrences in the page, in links, and in img descriptions etc...Just a quick rundown of the basics any how.

As I go throughout different forums, blogs and articles I am finding more and more that SEO is becoming a globalized term that is not specific to your mark-up practices and text writing skills but now includes organic behavior in many instances. Behavior such as talking in social circles...that means in areas on social websites for my purpose, and practices that is a typical branding type behavior and has no effect on the actual layout of your web page.

This actually fits nicely as the whole idea of SEO is better placement in a search engine like google.com but the modern search engines are becoming where they are no longer dependent on strictly page mark-up and content. Don't get me wrong it still have a lot to do with it for sure. But it also has to do with branding practices like feeding consistent and quality content (establishing yourself as a professional in the topic of the website) Taking part in social circles, word of mouth advertising, and even paid advertising if done correctly. There are a lot of different aspect to what is now freely referred to as SEO which all breaks down to extended marketing practices.

Don't look so much at a website as something you are attempting to get to list well in Google or Bing as much as you look at the website as a product you are attempting to make popular through various means. Broaden the perspective to include local market advertising, word of mouth through web forums, blog discussions, social media interaction. Taking key opportunities to mention it when it is part of the context. Placing yourself a part from the norm as a professional in whatever products or subject the website covers through seminars, videos, blogging and article writing in reputable and consistent manners. If you wish to combine these actions with a moderate or even introductory paid campaign of contextual advertising, banner advertising and even PPM/PPC type advertising (only when you can control the daily expense). Put all of these together and any other method that comes to mind or makes sense and you don't have an SEO plan, though it is included, you have an entire marketing plan that expands to include a better search engine placement in addition to the other avenues of visitors generated.

techwizardsolutions, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  6. albert desuja

albert desuja Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks,
    techwizardsolutions explain me about SEO but I know very well this things.

By this discussion I am getting my question "Which is alternative of SEO for improving ranking of website on Google?" answer. I am also fill that SEO is only one option for seeing the website on top 10 but I want to try to search some new techniques excluding bookmarking, blog comment, business listing etc..SEO boring process.
    PPC and other networks are not profitable for long term. So i don't agree with this promotion.

albert desuja, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  7. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think best alternative to SEO is doing all the things that are only useful for real visitors not for a search engine..Don't keep in mind SEO and search engine, only create a site by doing all the things that will be helpful and beneficial for your users..

afoley77, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  8. steve4seo

steve4seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can plan both ways of following Google's guidelines to get page one results for the long term and for the promotional and quick traffic, go with classified ad posting, article submissions, web 2.0, bookmarkings etc...

steve4seo, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  9. freeadstime

freeadstime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well to answer the question we should say promoting in local news papers, radio or TV station. Anything online is in a sense SEO, unless if you want to pay for advertisements.

freeadstime, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  10. Yudith

Yudith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unique and interesting information will bring users to your website. So, traffic!
    What is your website about?

Yudith, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  11. techwizardsolutions

Best Answers:
    As an addition to my above post I would recommend a few things. Make sure that you have verified your site in Google's Webmaster Tools, Fill out the details and verify yourself in Google Places. You don't have to have a brick and mortar store front in order to list your business in there. Even if your website is informational in nature and you make income from affiliate links or banner ads, or if it is an eCommerce site that is designed for whatever market you are a business. Google rankings vary for those that are friends with you in Google+ and for those that have identified themselves as local to your business. You are more likely to show up on the front page for them especially since the competition is extremely lower for that local area.

Join local business associations like the Chamber of Commerce (while this does require a business license for your city or county depending on where you live) Most of these organizations put member site links on their websites. Many areas have person to person networking meetings. These are meetings where business owners and service providers just get together for coffee or whatever and exchange business cards and just meet and greet mostly. Join other clubs and organizations in your area like Lions Club, Elks Lodge or whatever types of organizations may be available in you area. It is not good to talk about business at meetings but is a way to get to know others and for other to get to know you.

As was mentioned above, paid advertising methods like newspaper, periodicals, magazines and thrift ad papers like Thrifty Nickel. Create flyers to put on the bulletin boards in area businesses like the Supermarket or convenience stores. Also be sure to have business cards or index cards of some type with your web address on them and hand them out to everyone you come in contact with. Even if the person who accepts your card never visits you personally they may pass that card on to friends or others that may display some type of need or desire for your type of information or website.

Really you are only limited in how you can promote yourself by your imagination. Any of the above mentioned methods will go a long way to establishing yourself locally and get word of mouth marketing going which is the best kind.

Hving some type of outlet like a blog in place and releasing consistent articles or posts that is also shared on social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkIn, Tumblr, Google+ etc will bring in almost every search engine bot out there to travel through your site. Taking part in and even forming your own groups in Facebook is an excellent way to promote yourself. Even if your site is about selling shoes and you go participate in a Facebook group on sports many times a conversation will bring opportunities for you to be able to mention yourself or service as a response to something someone says making it a welcomed response and not seen as spam. The same holds true on LinkedIn groups and in Twitter conversations.

Combining all of these different things will garner an increase in fast and steady traffic outside of the regular SEO of the website. They are not all of the ways by any means, but hopefully a good starting point and hopefully even spawns some thoughts and ideas for you.

techwizardsolutions, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  12. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to optimize your keywords then you have to do SEO, you have to work on content development this is only method I see.

MikeQ, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  13. Yudith

Yudith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Captain )) :cool:

Yudith, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  14. flanagan

flanagan Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So its means , if send some traffic via social network , is that work for ranking

flanagan, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  15. techwizardsolutions

Best Answers:
    More traffic translates to better ranking, more links translates to better ranking so yes social media I would think directly affects a website's Google ranking. So would every other method of marketing and branding. Having your business listed in Google Places, being listed in Manta and other sites, having blog posts written about you, even the person to person word of mouth.

=========
    I should also add, that the attempt by Google is to get a better grasp on reality so to speak so just purchasing a whole bunch of traffic is not going to be effective. Generating the organic real traffic will

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    techwizardsolutions, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  16. lucycandy

lucycandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Now, though that seems easier said than done, DO NOT go and BUY Likes, Tweets or anything like that; Google can sniff that shit out in a heart beat!

lucycandy, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  17. hassan001

hassan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    All Alternatives of SEO are Paid.... With them you can get traffic but No Rankings....

hassan001, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  18. albert desuja

albert desuja Member

Best Answers:
    what Do you mean SEO is not paid?.....:)

albert desuja, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  19. hassan001

hassan001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have skills then its free for you, but if not then ofcourse it is paid... It depends upon the nature of the business...

According to my experience I found this....

Short Term Businesses (seasonal business) (3 - 6 Months Period)

Can get more result from Paid Advertisements (Adwords, Facebook Ads) etc...

Medium Term Businesses (6-12 Months Period)

These Businesses can get effective results with combinations of SEO (Article Marketing) and Paid Advertisements (Adwords, Facebook Ads etc..)

Long Term Businesses (1 Year and More)

Long term businesses should go Only for SEO... If you are planning to run a company or service such as SEO Service, Web Design, Printing etc then investing on paid adverts is not a wise idea.... You must go for SEO...

In my work experience of 4-5 years I have worked with many long term and short term businesses and most of them did pretty well with above mentioned plans....

hassan001, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  20. albert desuja

albert desuja Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to give me this nice suggestion but as per my question
    I have not find any alternative of SEO for long term keyword stability but I think it's need of future to find out any alternative of SEO for long term traffic because day to day updates of google are not good for SEO purpose. like Today I see new pattern of google search result..it's include one more option "search tools".

Thanks to all for contributing and giving nice suggestions. We will meet at new forum......I close this topic here with great hopes about I will get nice alternative of SEO.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    albert desuja, Mar 22, 2013 IP