1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to make $1 Million in one year?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by oneyearauction, Jul 5, 2010.

?

Can one make $1 Million in 1 Year?

1. Yes

175 vote(s)
    67.8%
  2. Maybe

42 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. No

41 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. oneyearauction

oneyearauction Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You. The painting was bought during the auction and so far buyer asked to keep the name private.

oneyearauction, Mar 7, 2013 IP
    Lynn C likes this.
  2. Japemonster

Japemonster Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it is possible, but NOBODY will tell you how. Why produce a competitor? Try to work hard and to make realy cool ideas and products. And you will earn millions:)

Japemonster, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  3. oneyearauction

Best Answers:
    I agree.

oneyearauction, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  4. wmatla

wmatla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Zuckerberg made 3.5 billion in one month

wmatla, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  5. viruthagiri

viruthagiri Active Member

Best Answers:

You are an inspiration to me. You should thank god for not giving a wife like @dlm

If I were you, I would hang myself.

viruthagiri, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  6. musebay

musebay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to have a creative idea. Build a proof of concept with proof that it can scale. Present to investors (preferably those with lots of money but have no background in tech investing). Then close a few million dollars in investment. Then of course you need to have an exit strategy.

musebay, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  7. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Okay, I am going to weigh in on the "yes it is possible" side, but it is highly unlikely to do it in a year. But, yes, possible.

After all, there are athletes that sign contracts, people that sell real estate, etc...the thing is, you have to have something that someone is willing to pay for that is worth a million dollars. In the case of an athlete it is talent...same with art.

But art is subjective. It is worth what someone will pay for it.

Ideas are also of value. If you come up with an idea...a book...a new app...a way of doing something unique, someone might pay for it, but it would have to be pretty good to earn a million dollars.

The first place to start is to think of what you have to offer that is worth money to someone else. Then, leverage that thing.

Who knows, the painting might get a cult following and become the hot ticket!

Rocky

Lynn C, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  8. aarthielumalai

aarthielumalai Member

Best Answers:
    Anything is possible, so you might actually make the 1 million dollars you want from your painting, who knows. There are a lot of internet marketers who've made a lot more than that in one year, so that's definitely possible. The only thing is, they got where they are by doing a lot of work, and so should you.

So, I'd suggest you promote your product via any number of methods you can think of.

aarthielumalai, Mar 21, 2013 IP
    Lynn C likes this.
  9. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    aarthielumalai...makes a great point and I agree 100%.

Work, consistent work, is what makes "luck".

Ideas, and then follow-through is what will get you that million dollars.

For instance, Zuckerberg never would have made a fortune on Facebook if he did not know how to write code. He worked to gain that skill, and then he was ready when an idea looked hot.

Same thing for Warren Buffet and Bill Bly, and any actor or actress you can name.

Athetes, too.

They work their tails off for years in obscurity to be ready to make a bold move when the call comes out. They keep their eyes open for an opportunity.

Work hard and be ready and you can make your million.

Rocky

Lynn C, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  10. oneyearauction

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all your support.

oneyearauction, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  11. suidmach

suidmach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One million dollars is just one thousand dollars made one thousand times. If you can figure out how to make a thousand dollars, then you just need to figure out how to scale your earnings to a thousand dollars.

For example, you are an investor who invests $10,000 in the stock market. His stock performs well and he earns a generous 10% return on his investment in the first year. If that same investor was able to scale the amount of his initial investment to 1000 times his initial investment, then he could make $1,000,000 or more.

Same goes with websites. If 1 webpage can earn you $1/year, then a million pages could earn you what you are looking for.

suidmach, Mar 21, 2013 IP
    Lynn C likes this.
  12. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I love simple math,

and you are correct. I used to think that if I could get one website earning say $10 a day, then that would be $300 a month...then, replicate that x say 100 websites, and BOOM, I'd be making $3000 a month.

You know what, I would.

But getting a consistent $10 performance on sites is tougher than it sounds. Not impossible, but not easy. Why? Because people want good content. MFA sites just don't work.

At least not for me.

That is why I am a copywriter.

That I can do. : )

Rocky

Lynn C, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  13. suidmach

suidmach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

The problem with this is that each site needs regular maintenance and fresh content. If you could dedicate a days worth of work to each site, then this would work, but you would need to hire a whole staff for this to work. After paying out your team, then there wouldn't be much left...

suidmach, Mar 21, 2013 IP
    Lynn C likes this.
  14. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    True. But some people figure out how to do it. I have an idea that there is a system of scaling that helps. In other words, when you get enough good sites built that are interlinked, they help each other. That takes time, obviously, but when you get there, it becomes easier...and of the sites, you might have a few really great performers....then you enhance those, drop the non-performers...and try and replicate the ones that are doing great.

Again, it takes work...

I'm not an SEO expert, but I know you can find some on the forums. That is probably where joint ventures and mentoring comes into play.

Anyway, this has been a very interesting thread. Thanks to the originator. It really made me think.

Rocky

Lynn C, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  15. James Rigley

James Rigley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it's possible to make a million in a year, in fact they are countless ways to do it, especially if you are bllionaire. :p

However, the easiest thing you can do to get closer to that goal is take a bank-note, doesn't matter it it's $, euro, GBP - it can be whatever currency you have in your wallet. You just go and take a bank-note from 1$ and add 6x0 after the '1' so the number to become '1 000 000'. You can look at the bank-note every day or every week, or whatever time interval you want, but this bank-note number should become your business goal - to archieve the number on the bank-note within a year time. This is actually common NLP technique, I don't remember from where I learned it, but it's nice thing to try out.

Other NLP thing you can do to get started on your journey to the million is to write that goal in paper. You maybe have heard before that when you write a goal on paper you increase the chance to accomplish it from 2% to 98%. Well, it's actually true. Of course if you type 'Fly on my own wings to the moon', this may be a bit hard to accomplish, but realistic goals are more probable to be accomplished if you type them on paper, or in Word Document, and read them from time to time.

And one more thing I have just remembered, it's a nice quote you can use in the situation. It is:

'The only way to step on the road to the one-million dollars is to just remember you are already on that road' You can use this kind of quote for almost everything in life. It's like 'The only way to start feel comfortable doing daily excersies is to remember you already enjoy them' and so on... :)

And I know the post it's gettiing longer by the second, but I cannot miss to give this advice:
    Read some NLP books. There are many worthy reads which can change your life for better. I won't say products names, since it may viewed as spam or commercial. But those books helped me a lot and everyone can profit from more positive thinking in his life.

Life full, live free! :p

James Rigley, Mar 22, 2013 IP
    Forexpic.com and Lynn C like this.
  16. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I like this advice because while it lacks specificity on how to make money, it does tell you that being positive and focused on your goal is within your own hands.

I would also add that if there are negative people or nay-sayers in your life that doubt you or bring you down, keep your goal a secret from them. Negative people will bring you down and suck your energy away.

Try to remember to do one extra little thing a day to achieve your goal and you will get there. You will. Good luck, and keep us all updated on what happens. I am fascinated by this thread. I am sure we all are.

Rocky

Lynn C, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  17. oneyearauction

Best Answers:
    So it's all about positive thinking and keep trying it? I do believe that besides positive thinking, experience and knowledge you also need pure luck and perfect timing. Kind of like Bill Gates grew up in a town where he had access to computer (at that time in US there were only dozens of computers available at universities). So Bill was lucky to have parents that could maintain certain living and had certain access to certain things. Plus he started at the dawn of this whole PC/internet explosion.

oneyearauction, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  18. SteveBar

SteveBar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wow must be a good painting for one million, I think we all hope it's possible to make a million in a year!

SteveBar, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  19. Lynn C

Lynn C Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm not sure the painting is the point, although it is an intriguing idea. I think the point of the post is whether or not the possibility of making one million dollars in a year exists. According to the poll responses, a lot of people think that making a million in a year is very possible.

Maybe we are all optimists! I am okay with that.

Rocky

Lynn C, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  20. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

The painting already sold - and for a tidy sum. That fact alone inspired some ideas for me.

browntwn, Mar 26, 2013 IP
    Lynn C likes this.