1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by digitalpoint, Mar 16, 2013.

Errrr... does this bother anyone?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbe...ecurity-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

digitalpoint, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obamanation, Mar 16, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Devtard like this.
  3. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think its because of the tension between the US and North Korea/Iran, According to New Zealand news last night they also just spent 1 Billion dollars to upgrade their missile defense, its times like these I'm glad to live in the middle of no where.

Nicholas Pope, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If the bullets were for the military, sure... but the bullets are for homeland security (stuff on our own soil). And some of the bullets are hollow-point rounds... illegal to even use in war.

5. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did they give an explanation to why they purchased those types of bullets then, also what is Homeland security you guys have got so many agency's/military type things, I wouldn't have a clue

Nicholas Pope, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Who knows... maybe they just had too much money and nothing to spend it on... you know since our government has so much spare cash floating around. lol

7. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Deff old news, but wow...

It's crazy that people mock the tyranny argument....

grpaul, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  8. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You call three weeks ago old?

This isn't Congress buying the ammo. it's Homeland Security so Obama approved the purchase.

I see two options:

1) Obama is about to make that exact type of ammo illegal so he wanted to get it while the getting is good,
    2) It's Obama's soft payoff to the ammo manufacturers, "hey, how 'bout I'll spend a shitload of money on ammo from you. So your lobbyists leave my homies in Congress alone and you also won't make TV ads that hurt my sensitive feelings. Deal?"

Corwin, Mar 17, 2013 IP
    Nicholas Pope likes this.
  9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your government is already arguing that Americans can be killed by drones in American soil by merely being suspected terrorists. A lot of groups are already classified as domestic terrorists. Who knows, maybe the next time there is a demonstration or riot in any American city, the snipers will be ready to take out the "terrorists". It is even more "surgical" killing than drones.

gworld, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There are 315 million people in the US, 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to kill us all.

Rebecca, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is not a 1:1 kill ratio. :rolleyes:

http://jonathanturley.org/2011/01/10/gao-u-s-has-fired-250000-rounds-for-every-insurgent-killed/

gworld, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @Gworld - Your statistic sounds like a spin job by someone that has an agenda. It uses the numbers for how much ammo is used overall by our military forces, even in the US and then compares it to the amount of insurgents killed. Kind of meaningless. The military uses lots of ammo, even in more peaceful times.

As a refresher to stay on topic:

Rebecca, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

You are such a genius to discover that military uses lots of ammo in peaceful times. :rolleyes:
    Your answer is stupid but who cares because the stats is about bullets fired in Iraq and Afghanistan and not generally how much ammo army uses. Have you been in military? Do you know that army rifles have about 30 rounds magazine and can shoot about 90 rounds /minute. But be my guest and don´t let lack of knowledge stop you from posting. :)

gworld, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  14. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Typical Gworld. You make a dishonest post, then start getting angry and abusive if anyone calls you out on it. If you would actually read the source for the article that you posted, you might realize how wrong you are. I'm sure you would never admit it anyway. It's easy to understand why many people in the forum just have you on ignore. Sad really.

Rebecca, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

LOL. Are you getting your panties in knots again just because I showed you don´t know what you are talking about? :)

gworld, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  16. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Corwin, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  17. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is an explanation for these purchases. Quite simply, all these rounds are for training throughout federal law enforcement facilities in the nation. It may sound like a lot of rounds, but that order is for years of ammo. Hundreds of thousands of trainees shoot thousands of rounds of ammunition each year. I read an entire article explaining the purchase, and can't find it now.

Or you could be one of those conspiracy guys who believe that the Obama administration is gearing up to create a nationwide police force and use the ammo to kill US citizens. This theory is based on a belief that the Mayor of Chicago will ask Obama for police help due to the high murder rate. Obama will create a federal police unit to crack down on crime in Chicago, and it will grow to all major US cities. But, like most conspiracy theories, there is no evidence to support that. Only speculation.

r3dt@rget, Mar 19, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  18. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

No wonder, people speak about stupid Americans. :rolleyes: The title and first line start with GAO and states that the status is from them. Do you know what GAO means? General Accounting Office and that is not a blog. I hope the Big font and color coding to help you understand. :)

gworld, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  19. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hollow point rounds? Internationally illegal?

gworld, let me explain to you that just because someone's personal blog mentions the GAO in the title doesn't mean it's from the GAO - it's still a personal blog. Do you have a direct cite from the GAO? Try www.gao.gov . Because the only websites I find that cite that 250,000 round number are personal blogs, not www.gao.gov and not news websites. Thanks.

Now there IS an indication that DOD is using more rounds of ammo for "increased weapons training", but that's worldwide and not limited to war zones. So gworld, when you are finished with your anger management class I'd like to see a CORRECT cite from you. Thanks!

Corwin, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  20. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Illegal for use in war. Not illegal for internal security, recreation, training, or police use.

r3dt@rget, Mar 19, 2013 IP