1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why yahoo answers banned my a/c?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Alex Jonson, Mar 19, 2013.

Hello frnds,i am the member of yahoo ans since last 2 mths, t last day i saw that yahoo community & guidelines banned my a/c and i dont why? As i know that i gave the answers of all question in a manner without disturbing or any harm of yahoo guidelines.
    "You have posted content in violation of our Community Guidelines or Yahoo! Terms of Service. As a result, your account has been suspended from Yahoo! Answers, and you will no longer be able to access this service. Community Guidelines exist to keep Yahoo! Answers a safe and useful community."
    Can anyone tell me that whts the reason behind it...Please. I am confused. Help me as soon as possible.

Alex Jonson, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  2. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think your have posted something promotional. After 250 points you can post a link / url, but that should be relevant to the question.

sisatel, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  3. Maharani

Maharani Member

Best Answers:
    your website will get banned from google, yahoo answer always report spammer to all search engine. do not use YA for linkbuilding

Maharani, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You probably broke the Answers TOS and posted a link as others have mentioned.

danasurvey, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  5. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are two major reasons why Yahoo answers account gets banned -
    1. You may use some words or phrase which are prohibited.
    2. Your answers were reported by other members.

seo_buzz, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  6. rajarana438

rajarana438 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you have posted something promotional which is not acceptable by yahoo.

rajarana438, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  7. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you use copied content or link where there it is not relevant? Or you may used some words that are not allowed by Yahoo guidelines..

afoley77, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  8. coreyman

coreyman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

A better question would be, why is Yahoo answers so important to you? It seems from the other posters here that they know exactly why you got banned and it's because you were using Yahoo answers for your own personal link farm.

coreyman, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  9. Shawn Michaels

Shawn Michaels Member

Best Answers:
    I feel your have posted a little promotional. After 250 point you can post a link / url, but that must be related to the question. Or one more things have you use copied content or anywere, Or you may used a little words that are not allowed by Yahoo guidelines.

Shawn Michaels, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  10. inganta

inganta Active Member

Best Answers:
    May be someone ( your competitor ) in YA report you as spam. Long time ago I used YA for direct trafic, it is working till my account banned.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    inganta, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  11. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you should contribute to Yahoo Answer before you add any link in resource..

And you shouldn't add links on every answer, it should be random..

alex06295, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  12. James Ross

James Ross Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with alex, you should also answer questions from other areas to offer variety.

James Ross, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  13. driftinghere

driftinghere Peon

Best Answers:
    you may violate rules there,,, for example, post a irrelevant link in your answers or questions

driftinghere, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  14. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo answer website policy is very strict. if you say something like advertising or same word or service as you signature you will be banned. I will suggest not to use any link or text in signature. then you can answer any questions.

for making backlink from yahoo answer website you just update your Yahoo profile properly and put your link there.

OSSEO, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  15. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    Could be something illegal for yahoo's policies and terms, that's why you're banned.

jonrod, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  16. Jesse12

Jesse12 Member

Best Answers:
    We always try to put our questions and try to get the solution by the user for every question and answer related property. So no need to use promotional content in case of yahoo answer. If you will continue in this manner then sure you will achieve the higher position and good traffic for your website.

Hope you understood.

Jesse12, May 4, 2013 IP
  17. yeasinarfat605

yeasinarfat605 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a common problem. After my 4 account being banded i give up using yahoo answer. Each of time i tried my best to follow the community guide line. But could not understand each of time how broke the guide line. My answer is chosen the best answer by asker or by voter but the answer is reported after a while. I mailed in support but there is no reply. But i discover something from that banded. Do not answer any question if a top contributor already answered the question. And if the contributor is from India never ever answer here. If you ask any question and find any top contributor's answer chose his answer best. When you answer a question tell your other friend to like your answer if possible. Tnks.

yeasinarfat605, May 5, 2013 IP
  18. aniblow

aniblow Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think some folks are just there to make other people lose points and possibly get banned. There's a whole of targeted traffic out there (60 million users last time i checked ), and most internet marketers can't just help but cash in on this fee traffic source. They just want to garner points and milk traffic at all cost.
    I think you should get another account and play safer this time.

aniblow, May 5, 2013 IP
  19. mitz

mitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My account got banned after years of posting awesome answers that took a huge amount of my time... I am angry now and have decided to go and buy a few level two accounts and become a spammer! LOL I think that is the only thing that works.

You think you are doing the right thing and then BANG, your account is gone. And you do not deserve a reason because you actually mean nothing and your answers were never a valued part of the so called community anyway. Too sad.

The moral of the story is to create content where people appreciate you and where they will treat you like the real human you are.

I just posted about this on my blog and as you can tell, I am angry!

mitz, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  20. WonderingCoder

WonderingCoder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This.

WonderingCoder, Oct 22, 2013 IP