1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

bounce rate

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by buruumcmtop, Nov 24, 2010.

i just started my new blog my-naturalhomeremedies.com and use analytics to track visiotrs. I dont know what actually is bounce rate but in 2 days i got 95 uniqu visits with 46% boune rate and 2 visits from search engines. Is 46% bounce rate good or bad?

buruumcmtop, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  2. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it depends on your niche, but i wouldn't be happy with a 46% bounce rate.

The bounce rate is a percentage of visitors who visit only a single page of your website (or simply single page visits). The higher your bounce rate the lower the quality of your website is in your users eyes (they don't like the page for whatever reason so they just move on to some other site). If you have a low bounce rate it means your customers are happy with what they find on your site.

hhsaus, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  3. joesmith1608

joesmith1608 Peon

Best Answers:
    The way that Google Analytics calculates average time on site is by subtracting the timestamps between the first and the last pageview of a visit for a site. If a visitor to your site bounced, they by definition only had one pageview. So it is impossible to calculate an average time on site for visitors that bounced because they did not have a second pageview.
    In the case a of a bounce, GA assigns a time on site of 0 seconds and then averages that in with the time on site for all other visitors that did not bounce to calculate an average time on the site.
    Short
    Bounce rate is percentage of initial visitors to a site who "bounce" away to a different site, rather than continue on to other pages within the same site.

The formula used to calculate bounce rate is:

Bounce rate = total visits consisting one pageview / total number of visits

joesmith1608, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  4. jakemoore

jakemoore Peon

Best Answers:
    That doesn't necessarily mean your site is low quality, but does mean it did not answer their question. Google sends me all kinds of irrelevant traffic that makes me wonder what they were smoking to associate that search with my site.

jakemoore, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  5. jakemoore

jakemoore Peon

Best Answers:
    So by your math if you had a 50% bounce rate then the actual time on site for someone who stayed would be double the reported time on site correct?

jakemoore, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  6. mahesh2010

mahesh2010 Guest

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate = total visits consisting one pageview / total number of visits..46 % bounce rate is not too bad or too good,..it is some what average,..but usually for a blog visits and time are the two factors important..if the bounce rate is rate is zero then, nothing to worry...

mahesh2010, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  7. Maulana Arif Pratama

Maulana Arif Pratama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've 80% bounce rate, and down to the earth 20%
    it's depend on your actual content and hot topic
    such as if u develop worldcup 2010

Maulana Arif Pratama, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  8. seo.raj

seo.raj Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Bounce rate = number of visitor/visits consisting.If your site bounce rate is 46%..it mean visitors are happy with your site information..

seo.raj, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  9. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    46% is pretty good. what is your traffic source if you say only 2 visits from search engines?

atxsurf, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  10. Kishorverma

Kishorverma Peon

Best Answers:
    in google analytic my bounce rate shows 82.24%. I am confused on this bounce rate. Someone tell me how to reduce this rating... Plz help me..

Kishorverma, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  11. techtavy

techtavy Peon

Best Answers:
    Do lot of internal linking. Use "Linkwithin" widget. This widget displays the related posts under each post. Very useful for reducing bounce rates, because the more users click on your pages from within your site, the less your bounce rate will be.
    Also on the side bar you may try widgets like recent posts,popular posts etc to increase the clicks.

But make sure you dont put everything together and cramp up the site.

techtavy, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  12. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    analyze what kind of search queries bring people to your pages. Do they find what they where looking for?

atxsurf, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  13. Kishorverma

Kishorverma Peon

Best Answers:
    hello Techtavy...Thankx a lot for ur statement, it prove to be very useful for me.. I will follow ur instruction... thankx..

Kishorverma, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  14. uiredesign

uiredesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate actually tells you the percentage at which your visitors are immediately moving away after landing on your site. There can be several reasons for bouncing back like visitor closed his browser, clicked on one of your ads, clicked on one of your external link, used the search box on his browser,typed a new URL on his browser, didnt get what he was looking for and many more.

Lower the Bounce Rate, Higher the quality of site. Ideally Bounce rate should be less than 40%. Also, 46% is not that bad bounce rate if you work more on quality of your blog, it can decrease the bounce rate.

uiredesign, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  15. Raju Singh

Raju Singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Two Bounce Rate Given Below :
    1) Web Analytics Bounce Rate
    In Web analytics, including Google Analytics, bounce rate is the measurement in percentage of how many Web site visitors view only one page within your Web site – this is the one page they entered the site on (called the entrance page or landing page). These visitors view only that single page and exit the site on that same page. A high bounce rate typically indicates that the landing page isn't relevant to your visitor or you are not offering any incentive for the visitor to explore other areas and pages of your website.
    Google recommends that Web site publishers lower bounce rates by tailoring landing pages to each keyword and ad that you run so landing pages consistently provide the information and services that were "promised" in the ad copy.

2) Email Marketing Bounce Rate
    In email marketing bounce rate refers to the percentage of email addresses in your subscriber list that didn’t receive your message because it was returned by a recipient mail server. There are two categories of email bounces including hard bounce and soft bounce.

Thanks & Regards
    Krishna Murari Singh
    +91 9953068402
    www.greenbanana.co

Raju Singh, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  16. RobertWoges

RobertWoges Member

Best Answers:
    46 % is some what quite average .Dont worry whether it is good or bad .try to generate more visitors ,share useful information,participate and submit in more social networks.All the best :)

RobertWoges, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  17. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Zeshan Noor wahgra Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your site is small and not big blogging site than this data is surely fine but If its big blog and you got this number I think you are more than lucky.I have been part of big blogs with traffic over 2k-3k per day but bounce rate is between 70-80%.

Zeshan Noor wahgra, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  18. David Justin Clint

David Justin Clint Member

Best Answers:
    Raju: Great quote, could you cite the source?
    Buruum: 46% is great for a start out blog. Try to find what page they left FROM, that tells you which pages need more work.
    Also, is your traffic from Google or from advertising?

David Justin Clint, May 15, 2013 IP
  19. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any relation in between "Bounce Rate" & "sessions". OR Is "Bounce rate" Depends on "sessions" but not of 1 page view??

Regards
    Naveen

naveenjosh, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  20. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    That doesn't mean that your site is low quality. It can be possible that user landed on your page for searching some information and got it.
    If we think as a common man (not a SEO) we usually search something on wikipedia and after getting the complete information we usually close the website. It means Wikipedia have higher bounce rate and does it mean it is a low quality website.

Hope it helps

My Best
    Naveen

naveenjosh, Jun 19, 2013 IP