1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dp'ers With Tattoos

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HideIp, Dec 2, 2006.

Hey all,
    Im interested in getting my first tattoo. I would really like to get a Catholic Cross on my bicep but I get doubts about it from time to time. Do any other Dp'ers have tattoos and can you talk about getting your first one. What does it feel like? Does the needle hurt? Do you wish you have never gotten one? Please feel free to comment on anything. Thanks and looking forward to the responses.

HideIp, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  2. Not_My_Style

Not_My_Style Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't get one. What if your views change 20 years down the road and you feel like an idiot for getting a tattoo. It also looks improfessional if you have a tattoo. Just get a bunch of temporary ones. ;)

Not_My_Style, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  3. crazyryan

crazyryan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I hit the legal age to get a tattoo I am gonna get one.

crazyryan, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    I have one tattoo-

[​IMG]

Crazy_Rob, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  5. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    is that photoshop or you for real, lol, you dp addict ;)

Seiya, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    It's real. I had to pay Shawn $500 for the logo rights.

Crazy_Rob, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  7. HideIp

HideIp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats awesome. Do people ever ask you about it?

HideIp, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  8. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I was in a bar in Sweden with Crazy_Rob, drinking Vodka when it was minus 15 Celsius. He insisted on wearing short sleeve t-shirt to show off his tattoo. All these hot blonde Swedish chicks totally dug the tattoo - I felt a bit lonely that night with him getting all the attention. There were like 20 babes and 2 had heard of DP and most knew Shawn from the MPAA court case.

T0PS3O, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  9. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He actually charged you to use it??

Maybe they thought DP was something else?? I've never just ran into random hot chicks who know about DP (the forum). :rolleyes:

MrX, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  10. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Since Shawn made the news with the Meet the Fockers download scandal everybody knows of DP in the land of Pirate Bay. They love that kind of stuff in Sweden.

T0PS3O, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  11. Not_My_Style

Not_My_Style Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should get a tattoo that says "DP" then.

Not_My_Style, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The needles do not hurt, didn't for me at least. Depends on where you have it done though of course 'part of body' why kind of gun used, how many needles, who's giving the tat, etc, etc,

GRIM, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  13. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    I have two tattoos currently, and I don't regret either of them. As a matter of fact, I plan to get a few more. The one I have on my ankle hurt quite a bit more than the first one I got, but as Grim mentioned, the pain level will depend on a variety of factors.

DeniseJ, Dec 2, 2006 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  14. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tattoos can be a lot of fun, or a costly mistake. You have to really think about it before you get it done. You might want to ask yourself some important questions first, such as:

Is this something I will want in 10 years, 20 years, 50 years?
    Would I have wanted this 10 years ago?
    Can I handle the discrimination that will follow by those that do not understand?
    Will this be in an appropriate disclosed location when dealing with an employer or client?
    Can I handle a bit of pain for an extended amount of time?
    Can I commit to the proper care, cleaning, lotioning to keep it healthy and looking new. Including suntan lotion all summer in order to keep it from fading?

Remember they are permanent (unless you can afford the costly removal). I highly recommend never getting anything that uses actual words (in memory of family/children is different), may be offensive to a future spouse or your children, or something your views may change on, such as name brands/logos, bands, girlfriends/boyfriends, etc.

Before getting a tattoo, try to research a few artists and find one that you like. Usually you can see previous work that they have done and find one that compliments your style. Be sure the place that you choose is sanitary and licensed, if at any time something happens beforehand that makes you uncomfortable, remember it's your body, protect it.

Tattoos and even piercings can be a lot of fun and a great form of self expression. The most important thing to remember that you are doing it for yourself and not others, enjoy it, love it.

Best of luck!

Design1, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  15. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    Design makes some very good points! :) A tattoo is permanent, for all intents and purposes. You should know what you want well ahead of time and believe that you're going to want it years from now.

DeniseJ, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  16. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    For your first tattoo think about it until you get to the point where you don't want anybody to give you any advice on your tattoo.

And if you ever start to decide on barbed wire around your bicep, go straight to the toilet, stick your head in, and don't pull it out until you've changed your mind.

nevetS, Dec 2, 2006 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  17. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Tattoo is additive. ;)...and who care about the pain..it worths the suffering...

and please, design you own tattoo. Don't get one because everyone is having one. It sicken me when i see guy pick tattoo from those flash on the wall.

Choose tattoo shop carefully. If they shop selling other stuff like pipe or jewelery, you can go to the next shop. Ask the guy with portfolio, ask him a few question. If they guy don't have the patient to answer your question, go to the next shop.

ahkip, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  18. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    I have a lot of tattoos as well , I have 12 tattoos :)

sundaybrew, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  19. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I have plans of getting drunk in a dingy biker bar, going off with my new friend (name: MadDog) on his Harley, stroking his bleached beard (and pot belly) as the wind cuts through my hair - and finally ending the eventful night by getting matching tattoos that say "I Luv A Good F***!" ;)

Oh and then waking up and shooting myself. :D

How's that for a visual? :p
    If anyone's confused, that was me making fun of everyone who has these tattoo fantasies they can't stop talking about. However, I am a little more adventurous then my mocking tone betrays, and I would love to get a tattoo on either the back of my neck, or the left side of my lower abdomen (if that's what you call the area). Something meaningful though. And small. And nothing that involves MadDog or Tequila! :D

highflyer, Dec 2, 2006 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  20. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    How dare you make plans to get drunk in a biker bar without inviting me?! ;)

DeniseJ, Dec 2, 2006 IP