1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal limited my account-What to do now?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by sushantvirdi, Nov 29, 2006.

I had three paypal accounts sushantvirdi@gmail.com, sushantvirdi@walla.com and sushantvirdi@yahoo.co.in

I received the following:

Your account access is limited.

To remove the limitation, complete all steps listed in the 'Steps to Remove Limitations' table below.

Add a credit card and enter your Expanded Use Number
    Fax documentation

What should i do now, since i can't send money from my account how will i buy a vcc and from where will i fax documentation...

I there anyway i can transfer my funds?

Thanks...

sushantvirdi, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  2. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    First make sure that it is a 'real' email from Paypal.

And then what does Paypal want from you?

Corey Bryant, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  3. Nithanth

Nithanth Banned

Best Answers:
    Your funds are stuck there if your Sending Limits are down to $0.00 and you haven't verified your account.

If you don't have a credit card, maybe you could buy a pre-paid one and use that. That would work, I guess...

Nithanth

Nithanth, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  4. MichaelWBarker

MichaelWBarker Peon

Best Answers:
    Using 2checkout.Com, they're a lot better.

MichaelWBarker, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  5. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't have 3 PayPal accounts in the first place. Have you read their Terms of Service?

PayItForward, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can have 1 Personal Account + 1 Premier or Business Account at most. You cannot have 3 accounts according to the TOS.

Go get a credit card from a local international bank and use that to verify your accounts. I believe you need one credit card per paypal account because they did not let me verify my accounts with just one card. Make sure that it is not a debit card.

To get a Virtual Credit Card just to verify your paypal account may work but it goes against the main reasons for verification in the first place. The purpose is not to penalize you but to verify that you are who you say you are. Maybe you can write to Paypal and ask them for an alternative means of verification which may include sending them your utility bills with your name and address on it and also a government-issued photo id.

To fax, you can sign up for the http://www.Maxemail.com free trial which allows you to send out 3 virtual fax for free. Alternatively, see if they accept email attachments so you can scan and send them the necessary details.

eddy2099, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  7. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Add a gCard or any other prepaid CC...

And fax your utility bill(telephone, electricity...) including the fax cover sheet to paypal's nmber(they must have given you)

inworx, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  8. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    eddy2099, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  9. bonkerbids

bonkerbids Active Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal sucks, They will most likely hold your funds for 180 days before allowing you to withdrawl, to make sure nobody claims that they did not receive the goods or services you gave them for their payment. They don't care about you or your business. 1000+ more people will sign up for paypal tomorrow which will more than make up for the fees they could be charging you. They just don't give a ****. Good Luck.

bonkerbids, Dec 1, 2006 IP
    ondoin likes this.
  10. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Really? They've never done that to me. Now why do you think they would be doing that to you?

minstrel, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  11. Papworth

Papworth Peon

Best Answers:
    They did even worse to me! I had two accounts and transferred money from one to the other. They classed this as 'suspicious' activity and limited my account. It's been like that now for over two years and has over $200 in it, I now have a different verified account.. But i really should try and get that one sorted..

Papworth, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  12. guruvu

guruvu Peon

Best Answers:
    yes dont use three accounts ...
    first of all close all the three accounts ... and just apply for creditcard ( online or near bank ( so many banks are offered free creditcard ) and just signup with that creditcard directly .. thatsall!
    Thankyou

guruvu, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  13. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:

I wouldn't do anything and just leave it as it is unless your not able to send payments.

One of my credit cards expired and I didn't add a card to my paypal for about a year, and it worked fine, only until I wanted to buy something from a vendor which requires a credit card on file (godaddy).

So then I added the card.

adnan, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  14. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The reason was 3 accounts :
    I own 2 accounts ( I asked paypal about it and was written in TOS also) - 1 premiere and 1 personal.

Now just follow their steps.

MeetHere, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  15. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPal dont allow owner to close a limited account...

inworx, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  16. amedno1

amedno1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    people think getting a credit card is easy....far from it you either need a bank account in the country you live in or you must apply for one in another country by actually visiting that country, opening a bank account via mail is almost impossible these days

amedno1, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  17. Amoy

Amoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    you will have to forget that account

Amoy, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  18. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I never said that getting a credit card is easy. You will need to go through various verification and credit checks before your application is approved.

So basically, what it means is that you need to be a person of some credit standing and verified to be a true person to get a credit card. Also they can check that you are from the country you claim you are from.

Since Paypal cannot see you face to face, using your credit card to verify you would allow them to only accept people with can proof they are who they say they are and not of credit risk.

Paypal just want to weed out fraud and credit risks so that to protect its customers and themselves.

I mean if you go buy a virtual credit card to verify your account, it make work but it would have go against the purpose of verification in the first place.

I mean getting a virtual credit card is is like going into a club with a fake ID. The thing is that clubs rely on your photo ID to determine if you are old enough to enter because the one who issue you the ID (usually the government) does the checks for you and the club bouncer relies on the ID to determine your status. If they all let you in with fake IDs, you may still be admitted but it goes against the purpose of the checks in the first place.

You need to know the purpose of why some things are done and not to just follow the moment to comply on face value.

eddy2099, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  19. Daniel591992

Daniel591992 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it doesnt go well, google checkout is a good alternative :)

Daniel591992, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  20. bccruzer

bccruzer Peon

Best Answers:
    well, you can have 1 personal, 1 business, 1 micropayments, and 1 employee account:)

bccruzer, Dec 2, 2006 IP