1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal complicated issue

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by krururaras, Mar 9, 2013.

Hello, I have a complicated situation here, please someone tell what I suppose to do.

So I tried to sell some Virtual game money for real money. I found a buyer and we did few small trades through the PayPal to "gain" trust, after those trades (108$) we decided to make one "big" trade (362$) and end this business, he transferred money to my friend PayPal and then we noticed that he is trying to refund money from those small trades we made earlier, even though everything was going well and legit. So after I received his money for a "big" trade, I decided to not pay him "virtual cash in-game" because I knew that he will try to refund his money with this "big" trade once again. I tried to figure it out what is going on, he told me that his mother refunded money because he didn't have a permission to spend it in the first place. Eventually he refunded those 362$ because I didn't gave him "money in-game", although he still received some "virtual game money" from small trades. However, at first he was unable to transfer any money at all to MY PayPal account, so I asked my friend to help me, so he transferred all the money to my friend PayPal account, after we received the payment (362$) my friend transferred that money to my account "As a Gift". Buyer started to command me, he wanted me to pay him "virtual game money" or he will refund those 362$, so I had no choice but to send that money back to my friend ( I send him 500$ As a Gift ) and buyer refunded that money ( 470$ in overall ). That 362$ got discharged from my friends total balance. I deal with the fact that I lost 108$, but after an hour mine and my friends PayPal accounts got limited and as I understand he received a message that he has to pay 362$ again. Maybe its a glitch or we have to really pay him 362$ again? I only have "Skype" chat log, where buyer confirms that he stole my money... ( I guess this is a poor evidence or proof for this case and I wont get my 108$ back )

I created PayPal account only recently, I don't fully know how it works, our accounts is limited now and we have to resolve cases such as "Provide Invoices , Supplier Contact Info , Provide proof of delivery" and I don't have any idea what I suppose to do there, because I were selling "virtual game money". Also I didn't confirmed other cases for review, "Confirm your credit card , Credit Card Statement , Proof of Address" (I will confirm these after weekend ends). You think that will be enough to "get" my account back
    So main questions:

Do I have to pay him 362$ again, even though its already charged from me?
    Is there any chance to get 108$ back with only "Skype" chat log evidence?
    Is there any hope to "fix" PayPal account to normal?

Thanks for your time, I know its kinda immature situation but its still means a lot for me... I hope you will help me!

krururaras, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  2. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $108 and $362 are big amounts of money. Probably the one you're dealing with was just a kid who probably stole her mothers credit card info/paypal info.

Paypal does reviews on accounts for who made big transactions on a one time basis, especially if its like the first time of that account for security measures and accounts usually being reviewed are the ones who are not verified (missing financial details, etc)

I kinda don't get this, but no. If it was done on Paypal, you should probably file a dispute on Paypal. Usually paypal will do refund of the amount sent to you to resolve the dispute

Most unlikely, no.

To remove the limitation on your account, you should submit the documents being asked by Paypal. You may contact Paypal support for assistance.

Jesse27, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  3. krururaras

krururaras Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I contacted with scam buyer again, he said that he was using fake PayPal accounts to transfer money and then deleted them. Account is still limited, got only Skype chat as evidence. Is there any chance to convince PayPal with that to "fix" my account?

krururaras, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  4. Amiga500

Amiga500 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Strange That Fool Even Replied, Even Stranger He Confessed Using Fake Accounts. My Suggestion Is To Contact PayPal And Send Them A Screenshot Of The Chatsession. Doubt That Will Help But You Can Always Try. Another Thing Would Be For You Is To Ask PayPal If They Can Track His IP/Host Through The Purchase. Most Likely He Uses An Obfuscated IP/Host As Well But It Is Worth A Try. Lastly, You Can Try Acting Detective Yourself By Using Some IP Detection Tool Over Skype In Case He Isn't Obfuscating That As Well... After All, If Succeeding, It Would Not Only Help You But PayPal As Well So... Good Luck Anyway :)

Amiga500, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  5. Jesse27

Best Answers:
    It is really weird that he's still even proud of using fake accounts. I suggest like what Amiga500 said earlier, you can probably screenshot the chat session and send it to paypal. Tell them you were scammed and the person scamming you was using hacked accounts. You can always give it a try.

Jesse27, Mar 11, 2013 IP
    spyece likes this.
  6. gavo

gavo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Verify your account then you can dispute the payments, even if your friends account is still limited he will still be able to refund the funds you sent to him.

It sounds like you will still end up with a negative balance be more careful before sending funds to people, you even said he tried claiming payments back & you sent him more :rolleyes:

gavo, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  7. krururaras

krururaras Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everything went fine, both accounts got "fixed" and we don't have negative balance. Thanks for help guys.

krururaras, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  8. Jesse27

Best Answers:
    Glad to know everything went fine. Next time be careful when dealing with big amount of funds.

Jesse27, Mar 16, 2013 IP