1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Configure Domain with hosting

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by cskanna, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi,

I have free webhosting account with ifastnet.com. I recently bought domain name for my website from Go Daddy.

I am not sure how to configure my ifastnet.com host with my domain. I am not sure what information I need from ifastnet.com

Is anybody using ifastnet.com here?

please somebody help

cskanna, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  2. weknowtheworld

weknowtheworld Guest

Best Answers:
    you need the dns1 and dns2 info from ifastnet.com

and you need to input these values in the DNS names of your domain on godaddy.

weknowtheworld, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  3. cskanna

cskanna Banned

Best Answers:
    Is it common to all ifastnet.com domains or will be different for each and every domain?

cskanna, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  4. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    It should be the same for all domains you want to use with ifastnet hosting.

Go to your GoDaddy account and click on manage domains and change the nameservers to ifastnet's nameservers* and then click on save changes. This might take a couple of hours to update so don't think you did it wrong because it hasn't "kicked in" yet.

*I think ifasnet's nameservers are:
    NS1.BYET.ORG
    NS2.BYET.ORG
    NS3.BYET.ORG
    NS4.BYET.ORG
    NS5.BYET.ORG

Daniel

danielbruzual, Dec 2, 2006 IP
    Bender likes this.
  5. cskanna

cskanna Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help.

There are totally 13 boxes available to input Nameserver lists. If I enter only two of them (since you told that I need to get dns1 and dns2 from hosting provider) then what about the rest. Why there are 13 boxes? what is the use of that?

Thanks in advance.

cskanna, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  6. cskanna

cskanna Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info Daniel. If it is common to all then how it will identify my website with ifastnet. I mean, let's say I have a hosting account with ifastnet like:

xyz.ifastnet.com

and I want to configure it with my domain abc.com

if i navigate to abc.com it has to display the webpages from xyz.ifastnet.com.

or Do I need to have the same account name like abc.ifastnet.com (for the above example)

I hope you guys understand my situation. I am very new to this. I just started my site. I am just 14 years old. I just started learning on this.

Thank you all for helping me.

cskanna, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  7. cskanna

cskanna Banned

Best Answers:
    ah! I just got a reply from ifastnet.com that they do not provide this service. The hosting works fine. but, I think i need to choose some other hosting for my site.

I tried byethost they provide nameserver list also. but it is very slow and sometime it is down.(I tried past two hours)

can somebody suggest me the good free hosting with nameservers lists.

Thanks in advance.

cskanna, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  8. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    agnivo007, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  9. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you have your own domain
    keep in mind that if you work good and hard - even at age 14 you can earn real money
    hence a beginner account with a few dozen GB traffic and a few hundreds MB space on HDD should definitely do for you for the first year or beyond

hence instead of looking at FREE hosting
    look for a quality hgosting wiht a fair priced beginner level professinal host package
    usually such packages - specially during promo times - may be as low as 4-6 us$ / months
    definitely a price you easily can afford with a few hours extra work besides school

after a few months and some decent traffic you apply for a Google adsense account and soon enough you will most likely earn at least full expenses and some plus
    and if you work/publish good stuff on your site even much more!

depending where you are living you select a host suitable for your needs and plans - and of course you need your parents/gardians signature and CC
    its Christmas time :) may be your father/mother offers you a real host as Christmas gift !? definitely below 50-100 US$ / yr

if you are located i europe
    I could definitely recommend my current host
    http://www.hetzner.de/
    for small accounts they now offer a Christmas promo - 3 months free then starting at about 3 us$/m 1 yr min contract
    with excellent upgrade packages up to a high end root server ( my current package)
    or
    www.strato.de

instead of thinking always free - think how few hours you actually need to work for a real account that is yours and free to use with adsense or anything else to earn some money online.

keep in mind that usually free hosting packages always have some kind of built in advertisement on each pages - thus limiting your own potential ad usage of your space

hans, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  10. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest Awardspace or 110mb for free hosting. They both allow you to host your own domain (they have their own nameservers) and have good bandwidth/space limits.

Check my site for free host reviews

danielbruzual, Dec 7, 2006 IP
  11. phree_radical

phree_radical Peon

Best Answers:
    AwardSpace is terrific and I do recommend them, but they have a list of disallowed words and they won't even tell its users what they are. An example of one of those disallowed words is Amazon.

phree_radical, Dec 7, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.