1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Offering my mentorship + 1 free domain

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by agrius, Mar 11, 2013.

Hi, I hope this is allowed here :)

I've learned a lot about marketing online from browsing forums, and I wouldn't have had any success if it wasn't for a few people who helped me out early on. Well, it would have taken longer, at least.

So what I'd like to do is offer some help and support, to a random newbie who posts here, by offering to buy you a domain name + give you my advice and tips on getting your site started :).

I'm not asking for any money or anything in return at all, I just want to make sure that you have a decent plan for the domain - which I'll help with!

So post here, give a rough outline of what type of site you have in mind, and then I'll PM the person I've chosen, we'll pick a domain name (You can choose it yourself, or I can help!), I'll register it at namecheap and push it to your account right away, and then I'd like the "chosen one" to come back here and post just to prove they got it.

So if you're interested in having a bit of a mentor as you get started in online marketing, and you could use a little boost of a free domain name, post here and I'll choose one of you :)

agrius, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  2. Deez 國王

Deez 國王 Active Member

Best Answers:
    10 POINTS TO YOU MATE..... well done on offering to help people out here.

Deez 國王, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  3. agrius

agrius Member

Best Answers:
    Hopefully someone takes me up on the offer!

It's exciting seeing a project start from scratch, and actually grow into something. I'm hoping somebody with great work ethic takes me up on this, it sounds kind of corny but I'll feel proud looking up their domain a year or two from now and seeing how far they took it :)

agrius, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  4. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have never seen a better scheme than this to steal ideas. LOL

walts1, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  5. agrius

agrius Member

Best Answers:
    Ideas are a dime a dozen, lol, if you think this is just a scheme to steal ideas then carry on...

But I'm sure you're just joking ;)

If I wanted to find ideas for sites, I'd check out flippa or any other marketplace where people are eager to tell me which keywords they're ranking for, how much traffic they get, how much they make... I wouldn't be trying to pull ideas out of inexperienced marketers who could use a little boost :)

agrius, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  6. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is a very generous offer I hope the right person gets the help you are offering.

bettaone, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  7. L3G10N

L3G10N Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hope that was a joke.. I can give you a hundred ideas that are creative and inventive, but if you don't know how to implement them and put them to work then they will fail 99% of the time. Of course there is always a lucky chump out there, but it is rare.

I think that it is great someone is giving back to the community and would love to see more of it. +1 to you for giving back!

L3G10N, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  8. agrius

agrius Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't seen anyone clearly express interest yet, which kind of surprises me, but at the same time I see how people can be apprehensive since it's not everyday that someone offers something-for-nothing.

Anyways, the offer stands :)

agrius, Mar 12, 2013 IP