1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking gone down after performing well for 6 months

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by access-keys, Mar 10, 2013.

Hello,

I have a website www.buddha-statues.info. I optimized it for a keyword "Buddha Statues". It was doing well for six months and ranked in second page but suddenly it went invisible. Now, it is not ranking for the keyword. I believe it might be because of Google Sandbox so waited for couple of months. Now, I can see it is ranking for other keywords such "Buddha Statue for sale" and few others but not for my main keyword. It doesn't stand anywhere for Buddha Statues? Do you think it is because of Google Sandbox effect. But as far as I know, when a website falls under google sandbox, it doesn't rank for any other keywords other than site's domain itself. But in my case I can find my website for other keywords as well. Can anybody help me with this? I have to rank high for my keyword. Please give me some suggestions about how can I get back my ranking.

I would really appreciate for your help.

Thanks
    Gaurav

access-keys, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  2. Serp Creation

Serp Creation Member

Best Answers:
    After sandbox, your site ranking is decided newly, they would give you ranking based on the content and quality of your site.

If you want to optimize the targeted keyword, then check on-page optimization first, if there is correction needed, you should do, make proper keyword density etc.

Then start building quality links.

Serp Creation, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  3. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Serp Creation,

Thanks for your reply. I have a question; if my site was sandbox-ed, then why my other keywords are showing in Google search results. It shouldn't be showing in any results, isn't it? So, creating quality links will help my website to get back to its original position? Also, if any site falls under Google Sandbox, then when getting out of it, its ranking also appears at its original place where it belonged to, isn't it?
    Can you tell me if I can find whether my website is still under sandbox or not?

Thanks for your help. =D

access-keys, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  4. kingsweb

kingsweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you use any aggressive link building technique for that keyword? If yes, then your site can't appeared for that keyword.

kingsweb, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  5. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Kingsweb,

So, what should I do to get back to the google search engine for my main keyword? do you have any suggestion? Please help.

Regards,

Gaurav

access-keys, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  6. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    If i'm not wrong your website is penalized for the keyword "Buddha Statues". The below reasons i found
    1. Exact Match Domain
    2. Overly Optimized for Buddha Statues
    3. No readability
    4. The main AIM OF Website created only to rank for "Buddha Statues", as every link in the website landing to other.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thank you,

sameer_max, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  7. kingsweb

kingsweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you can remove the links which are made using exact anchor text of your main keyword then do it. or else you have to create another page and target your main keyword on new page.

8. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like Yes. I am penalized for my keyword. So, what would be my next step to get back in ranking? Any suggestion please?

9. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    So, removing all my links can do the job?
    Can't I get my ranking back for www.buddha-statues.info?
    Can I use disvow links method rather than removing all created links???

10. kingsweb

kingsweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Removing only links can not work for you. you have to build quality links with diversification of anchor text. I suggest disavow tool only when your all keyword for that page is not appearing anywhere and if you received any notification in your google webmaster tool.

11. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't received any notification in google webmaster tools yet. If I were under penalization I thought I should have been informed by Google itself, isn't it? But if I am not under penalization and were under sandbox then I shouldn't be ranking for other keywords as well, isn't it? I am now little tensed. What am I suppose to do as my next step? :(

12. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are two ways
    One way:
    1. Add pages to the site (increase size of the website) and provide quality content
    2. Lower the keyword Density
    3. Use rel="nofollow" tag
    4. Re-write the content
    **Don't know whether your rankings back or not

Other way:
    Create a new page www.burmese-art.com and start targeting the page

www (dot) antique-buddhas (dot) com
    www(dot)thai-buddhas(dot)com
    www(dot)buddha-statues(dot)info

Note: Found similar websites pointing to above page. Seems your intentionally targeting keyword specific domains to get traffic to the parent site. This really looks spammy in the eyes of Search Engines.

sameer_max, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  13. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Removing links is not good I would say, if you have over optimized the keyword then now start with keyword variation, this would normalize the effect,

Find few related keywords and use them for the same url (anchor text)..... and now you have to use only related and quality sites for link building purposes.

alex06295, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  14. access-keys

access-keys Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all. Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. Are there any other things that I should take care of?
    Thanks

15. rakesh.swaransoft

rakesh.swaransoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Google EMD Update hits your website because of Exact Match Domain with low quality content and Over optimization for same anchor text. Update your site with high quality content, vary your anchor text link builing

rakesh.swaransoft, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  16. kmkv_princess

kmkv_princess Member

Best Answers:
    Use Variation in Anchor tags for off page submission.

kmkv_princess, Mar 11, 2013 IP