1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GOOGLE: Invasive, Aggressive Tactics | TeleMediaMobile

Discussion in 'Google' started by TeleMediaMobile.com, Mar 10, 2013.

No; this is not a blog about how to employ invasive and aggressive tactics to be successful using Google; this is rather one bringing forward the subtle, yet invasive ways Google as an organization tends to operate.
    Do not read too much into this blog and mistake me as one who despises Google... I looovvvee Google!

BUT...

Is it just me, or has the organization gotten enough a monopoly of the World Wide Web that it seems to get away with what people would conventionally question with much emphasis?
    I'll put it in one statement: I think Google collects exceedingly too much information from the people it serves -- and even those it doesn't.
    To that you ask, 'what information?' It is the way that they ask you for your mobile number or your other email addresses when signing up, the way they seem to force you to use your full names on YouTube accounts, the way they offer to read your tweets and Facebook messages for syncing them, the way they offer to track videos you've watched so they can recommend theirs, the way the push ads to you email account based on personal emails you receive, they way they know who you are and what you do to the point that your Google search engine results are tailored for you, they way they propose that you add their Google +, allegedly site-tracking and syncing link to your website's front page -- All of these, proposed to the user in the subtle fashion of: "do not question it; it is what's best for you"? All, planned and designed to track one down.

Without a doubt, the pro's of using Google certainly outweigh the invasive little stuff; however, the latter have been practices that I've questioned for a while. Google is one of the original proponents of theses practices; and everyone else is now following suit. This is now the norm.

I don't know that I'm in favor of the idea of Google knowing everything that I do on the Web. It is seeming this way.

Always a pleasure to read your thoughts!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    TeleMediaMobile.com, Mar 10, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google tends to focus on what ever makes Google money. If that comes to sharing your information, deleting all blogspot blogs with money making opportunities other than AdSense, ranking make money sites lower except those that have AdSense on them, etc. Google will do it.

danasurvey, Mar 10, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  3. joefoxx

joefoxx Active Member

Best Answers:

I agree with this too. Additionally, they do lie a lot about SEO data and other practices. I mean at the end of the day, you really have to look at companies like Microsoft, they were accused of being a monopoly early on because they controlled so much of the market share at that time.

Even today, if it wasn't for Apple, microsoft would be even huger. I think google took a lot away from microsofts business practices and that is why microsoft hates them so much lol.

But yea, I say make money anyway you can as long as you are doing it legitimately. When you run a company like google, the more power you have, the better so anyway you can be in a position of power, you need to take full advantage of it!

joefoxx, Mar 12, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but I think Google takes advantage too much sometimes lol. Many typical small internet marketers or entrepreneurs lost so much when Google came out with Panda and Penguin, except of course for those who were exclusively using AdSense. ;)

danasurvey, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  5. Allen Razdow

Allen Razdow Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's not forget to blame ourselves for having become so willing to be owned by corporations.

Allen Razdow, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  6. garch

garch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eventually all monopolies collapse due to their own size. This will happen to Google too. Also, Google has spread themselves too thin, with way too many services, products, etc. Their search results are now inferior to other search providers.

Instead of diversifying out of search, Google should have focused their efforts on search innovation, which I believe their recent modifications don't represent.

garch, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  7. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google is a business they do services (and a lot for free) I don't think you should complain they ask for mobile number and stuff... they do all that stuff for us for free remember...

jacksarlo, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  8. garch

garch Active Member

Best Answers:
    @jack - it's not free if you're handing over your data to them. That's a form of payment.

garch, Apr 1, 2013 IP
    Patricianian likes this.
  9. xdemob

xdemob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally agree, Google started out as a humble search engine and have, in a relatively short period of time, grown into this mega corp. I would hazard a guess based on my use of their products, that Google hold more information about me than any other database save that of my own government. Witness the Googlization of Everything, including every book ever published on the planet. I'm like everyone else I use their products daily, Google search, Gmail, Google Docs, Picassa, Google Plus, Google Maps, Google Books, Froogle, Youtube, Google Drive, Blogger, I also use a cell phone and tablet both run on Android OS which is also owned by Google, subsequently every app on those devices is supplied by Google. Red flags start to appear when you read that Google allowed the NSA access to their databases and were in talks to set up 'spying rooms' for the PRISM project. Google CEO Larry Page denied it but personally I don't believe him. When governments start to use national security in order to circumvent the law, everyone should be worried.

A quick inventory of the MINIMUM amount of information that Google hold on me ...
    My Name
    My Address
    My Email
    My Credit Card Number through Google Playstore
    My Mobile phone number, My Home phone number, or both
    My exact location 24/7 via my cell phone
    My surfing habits
    My favorite sites
    My shopping habits
    My general interests
    My Friends, Family, & Contacts

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    xdemob, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  10. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google as a company will definitely continue their monopoly in Search and Online advertising front. Google is always at helping people find right information at the right time on any device from anywhere in the world with the access to the internet. Google definitely needs to collect this data and they definitely let people know in terms & conditions of agreement before they sign up. Google also gives an option for the users to opt out from several of their services. Google gives personalized search results keeping the user experience and relevancy in mind or it also means Google wants you to find the right solution.

rankwatch.com, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  11. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You are very pro Google eh Rankwatch

Your views are one perspetive btw as I have the opposite view to >

> as find this way ruins the search results and helps make them irrelevant not the other way round.

You start to sound like a Google marketer relaying a soundbite hype they taught you when you repeat statements like that.

Persnaised search tracking me where I have been and then following me around with ads (or if I was daft enough to search logged in skewiff search results) that have nothing to do with what I am doing next is not offering me anything at all but annoyances I tolerate for learning purposes but let go straight past my radar as to their function and just track the bahaviour of but certainly don't improve a search experience in my experience or IMHO

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 21, 2013 IP