1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Design Review.. Need your thoughts

Discussion in 'Websites' started by -bank-, Mar 10, 2013.

Usually I do not ask for design reviews, though this is the first in a long while. So I want to see what you think?
    [​IMG]
    The website promotes budget seo tools and organises, making it easier for web developers, affiliate marketers, etc to find what they want, rather than trawling through fiverr or seo clerks, all the best offers are in one place.

What do you think? What needs changing or improving? The site is suppose to be a mix of retro / web 2.0'ey.

Thanks

-bank-, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  2. TrySparta

TrySparta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think there are too many different colours. I'd change the content heading font as well. Other than that I like it, good luck with it. :)

TrySparta, Mar 10, 2013 IP
    -bank- likes this.
  3. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your suggestion, it is a little in your face, bright and colourful, I've changed the font to match the others, and changed the font / text colour on the left. I wanted to make the site look fun, and make you want to use it. As, in all fairness, SEO is not the most exciting thing!
    [​IMG]

-bank-, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  4. jhorrom

jhorrom Member

Best Answers:
    There is WAY to much going on! you need to make a few things "pop" off the screen at the user, where as now it all sorta is crumpled together. You should also find a nice color scheme that is nice for the users eyes, I suggest https://kuler.adobe.com. For example the box "Link Building Section" that brown is used no where else in the site, also the grey in the first rocket ship is not used. You should also use some Bold text. This would help the flow of the site blend together in an orderly fashion. Other than that the site is nice and has some fantastic ideas utilized, also great job on the logo it is really nice.
    Glad I could help give some constructive criticism.

jhorrom, Mar 10, 2013 IP
    -bank- likes this.
  5. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks jhorrom, I didn't really like the brown, took it from guarantee top right, I will try it with the green. As for colour, yes there is too much, any ideas, although I don't want to tone it down too much.
    I'll look to change the rockets colour.
    Believe I will need another header beneath the content, at least on the front page for google / people to read.
    Ps. As much of a fiverr / seoclerks clone it may seem to be, there is a twist, notice there is no login / registration :)

-bank-, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  6. GreatLink

GreatLink Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice colour combination, eye catching. I like it. Every logo have unique design also. Good luck for your project!

GreatLink, Mar 10, 2013 IP
    -bank- likes this.
  7. jhorrom

jhorrom Member

Best Answers:
    Ah i see, but very nice design.

jhorrom, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  8. TheLimeDesign

TheLimeDesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

You have the idea of what you want out of the website and you have put them into containers pretty well. But honestly, the colors are really not suitable for such a website. It looks like its an online candy store or holding a party-theme for whatever reasons. You should pick a color (at most 3 colors) and only play around with those shades to get a unique, systematic flowing design.

Here is a good example of how you should manipulate colors. Note, this was done for one of my clients:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thelimedesign/3936252915/in/set-72157622463634394

You can see, at most there are only 3 colors (blue, white, bronze) and they are manipulated around it to create a systematic flow. Other than that, your site has a pretty solid direction.

Oh, and the font too! Try using Trebuchet MS or Georgia :)

TheLimeDesign, Mar 10, 2013 IP
    -bank- likes this.
  9. orangecity

orangecity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you could also add buy now buttons. I think it will help to increase clickthrough rates!

orangecity, Mar 11, 2013 IP
    -bank- likes this.
  10. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks orange city for the idea, I will add it, though struggling to creatively design a button that will draw attention though not detract from the design.

-bank-, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  11. C4supplements

C4supplements Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like the overall color palette, yet the muted pink backdrop clashes with the vibrant trim colors in the foreground.

C4supplements, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  12. orangecity

orangecity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey you're welcome! :) all the best!

orangecity, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  13. dhezhavue

dhezhavue Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's very colorful, but I like it. I think that's what makes it different and not monotonous. it is very attractive, good luck with it. :D

dhezhavue, Mar 18, 2013 IP