1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 quick tips for getting backlinks..

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by agrius, Mar 9, 2013.

?

Do you find any of these tips useful?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hey there :)

Here are some of my thoughts on getting quality back links that are going to matter.

From my experience, you can throw all the low-quality links at your site and they won't really help, at least not for more than a few weeks (If at all..), but even just 1-5 decent links, or 1-2 great links will shift you upwards for lower competition keywords...

1) Rather than sending out automated comments to random blogs (Yes, a lot of people are still doing this. Open a new wordpress site, add a little bit of content, and watch the spam comments start flooding in...), take the time to actually leave a few relevant comments on decent PR blogs in your niche. Like, actually READ the post, leave a comment with an actual NAME (Not like, CHEAP AIR JORDANS CLICK HERE, c'mon.), reference the post in your comment, ask a question, actually interact and show your interest and your comments will get accepted like 9/10 times. The fact that so many people are wasting time and resources on spammy fake comments will actually help you quite a bit, since people making the effort to do this the *right* way is less common than spammers. Site owners WANT relevant, interesting, conversation-sparking comments because that user-generated content will help them to show up for more keywords, especially using something like Disqus which can get fully-indexed by search engines.

2) Reach out to other blogs in your niche via twitter. If they are active on twitter, they will certainly see your tweets @them, be polite - complement them - and simply ask if they are accepting blog posts. I've gotten tweets back from big national brands in my niche, with xx,xxx and xxx,xxx followers. Represent yourself professionally, if you need to hire somebody else to write the communication with them - do it! Think of this as a sales pitch, but don't over do it - remember this is mutually beneficial, you provide them with excellent, non-promotional material that they can share with their readers and in exchange you get a big huge juicy authority backlink that so few of your competitors are going to put the effort into getting.

3) The last tip is simply to echo something that was mentioned earlier. It's NOT about quantity, it's about quality. I've had pages sitting comfortably on page 2 or 3 for months, only to be rocketed to the first page from just ONE relevant, high quality back link, like the ones I've described in tips #1 and #2.

So there you have it... It's not really rocket science, it's just about putting in the work where everyone else is looking for a shortcut.

I haven't been too active here lately, so hopefully at least a few people find this post interesting and helpful, please share your thoughts!

agrius, Mar 9, 2013 IP
    imranamen6 likes this.
  2. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good points but it should be noted that Disqus is no-follow across the board. So anything posted in Disqus really has a slim change of being indexed lol.

ksb2050, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  3. agrius

agrius Member

Best Answers:
    You're correct, my mistake, I didn't phrase that well. As a site owner, having people comment using Disqus is great since it gives you user-generated-content that you can rank for, but from the commentator's point of view there isn't a lot of value.

agrius, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  4. acamso

acamso Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for these tips. I think that #3 is an extremely important concept that is overlooked. You're right - quality beats quantity any day of the week. Helpful post for people.. thank you.

acamso, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  5. agrius

agrius Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, glad you were able to get something out of it.

agrius, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  6. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also used to link up the phrases or keywords instead of giving my own name.

zubizubi, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  7. agrius

agrius Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes that might work, but it's good to have a variety of anchor texts anyways, and using a real name for blog comments makes it SOOOO much more likely that you're going to get approved.

I mean, webmasters aren't idiots, a lot of them know when someone is BLATANTLY trying to get a spammed back link, but they also know when someone's legitimately contributing an interesting comment to their blog and in those cases, they're happy to give you the link. :)

agrius, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  8. livingstyles

livingstyles Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with 1st point, I search relevant blog sources from google, and put every comments manually, but the links are most no-follow, just fits for new website.

livingstyles, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  9. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's your success rate for blog comments? 10%, or 50%?

dejaone, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  10. livingstyles

livingstyles Member

Best Answers:
    I am sure it is over 50% because I leave comments manually and relevantly, I spend several minutes to read every content and decide whether it is proper to leave comment or not.
    I think blog comments has two shortages: you need to collect a mount of relevant blog sources, the quantity and the quality; And if you put too many times on blog comments (or directories, or articles submit), the backlink structure of your website will be affected, I mean the backlink should be complex and diversity.

livingstyles, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  11. paranormalbuyer

paranormalbuyer Peon

Best Answers:
    You make very valid and true points... I've been doing this stuff for around 8 years now and I can't believe, though, how often stuff like this gets posted still. I guess some people just aren't "getting it" still.

paranormalbuyer, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  12. Deirdre A. Samonte

Deirdre A. Samonte Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip. i especially like #2. with google putting weight on social signals, this is a good way not only to grow influence but to get backlinks as well.

Deirdre A. Samonte, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  13. qbert_seo

qbert_seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like most others I agree with most of your points. However, there are much smaller number of blogs that allow follow links even if it is meaningful and only a name is utilised as the anchor text. Yes there are blogs that use 'CommentLuv' but I imagine Google can detect this quite easily. Aside from communicating directly with blog owners, can you or anyone else share some ideas/methods you actually used to locate blogs that allow Google to follow comment links?

qbert_seo, Mar 21, 2013 IP