1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet Marketing Problem-Solving Survey Question

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by KenDockins, Mar 6, 2013.

Regarding the personal desires and professional goals of your present online business involvement, here is a two-part question that you might wish to answer. The purpose of this query is to help assemble an "insiders" guide that provides realistic, sincere, honest, and accurate answers -- with the highest levels of integrity -- to everyday Internet entrepreneurs and business website owners who struggle with specific aspects of advertising, e-commerce, sales conversion, and worldwide web operations.

Especially in light of year 2012, 2013, and ongoing Google webmaster guidelines and penalty-avoidance updates, it appears that nearly EVERY online businessperson who operates below the five-figure income level gets hit the hardest by the new Internet search engine regulations and rules for approaching consumers in the online sales arena.

Today's two-part question gives you a chance to address or highlight one of the strongest stumbling blocks you currently experience in Internet marketing, SEO, and website operations.

The two-part question is this:
    1. What is the current online goal in which you are actively involved?

2. In your opinion, exactly what is the greatest obstacle which now stops you from accomplishing the above goal?

KenDockins, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  2. sham2

sham2 Member

Best Answers:
    i think now a days most of people are connected through the social websites, it also help for the best marketing business purpose. through the social media people are connected and can communicate.Seller and buyer both communicate.

sham2, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  3. mekap04

mekap04 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. What is the current online goal in which you are actively involved? Becoming a better marketer. I'm trying to master basic to advanced marketing techniques to market my websites effectively. My main goal is to be able to drive lots of traffic to any of my websites without relying on Google.
    2. In your opinion, exactly what is the greatest obstacle which now stops you from accomplishing the above goal? Distractions. I get distracted very easily and find it takes longer than usual to get basic tasks done. If I could just focus and actually get more work done, I'd do a lot better.

mekap04, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If we're talking about an online business, it all boils down to this: traffic. No traffic, no business. So, the goal should be (after one has an established online business) a continuous, rigorous advertising of one's services, products, website until organic traffic starts pouring. And even after that advertising should not stop.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    qwikad.com, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  5. KenDockins

KenDockins Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, are you saying that you or your business are having difficulty establishing connections with visitors via the various social networking systems?

Also, in regards to the very first question, what exactly is the current goal that you are trying so strongly to achieve?

KenDockins, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  6. KenDockins

KenDockins Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sham2...

The reply about SOCIAL MEDIA is for you.

Did it go to your box?

7. KenDockins

KenDockins Active Member

Best Answers:
    You responded so clearly, and thanks for that.

Regarding your reply #1... Yes, your key phrase is "WITHOUT RELYING ON GOOGLE." I like that idea, myself. Some of the more "rebellious" warriors over at the Warrior Forum, for example, have mastered this technique quite well. Almost every perk they preach about refers in some way to social media marketing.

Some of them swear by Twitter, Facebook, and even recommend a slow and steady blend of "StumbleUpon" marketing to gain traffic with the involvement of Google.

Regarding your reply #2... Based on individual living circumstances, sometimes it is hard to control the production environment, even in our own homes. I do find it extremely helpful to find a few locations within my city where, even outdoors, it remains quiet, tranquil, and conducive to intellectual, mental, and spiritual focus. My better works are written under these conditions.

At first, too, I thought you were going to mention "Internet" and "online" browsing distractions.... because today's apps and browsers have built-in "spy" detection that tracks what you are interested in... then suddenly they shoot your own ads right back at you, as well as others.

It's a consumer marketing thing... the advertisers call themselves being helpful, but I find this software on my personal computer to be highly distracting. Thus, it helps to turn these "advertisement sensitive" systems off, so that I don't start browsing from offer to offer, and screen to screen.

8. KenDockins

KenDockins Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great reply... and yes, surely we are talking about Internet and online business, rather than brick and mortar.

You are absolutely right about TRAFFIC... without it, you receive ZILCH online. Now, regarding those two questions above, can we revisit them for a moment?

I do want to hear what your exact, current goal is. For instance, an answer like "Get Traffic" might be far too general. If it is "traffic," then, for example:
    • What would be the exact purpose of that traffic -- a sales offer, e-mail list build, reputation management, gather "likes" or "shares" for social media, purchase a specific product you are selling, etc.?
    • At what specific cost per day, week, month, or year do you want to obtain such traffic?
    • Exactly how many visitors per day do you desire?
    • What type of clientele or demographic audience?
    Then, for question part two, again... what is the exact obstacle that blocks the goal you will describe in question one? For instance, is your specific stumbling block:

-- Not enough available spending revenue for CPC advertising?
    -- Insufficient keyword knowledge or selection?
    -- Lots of visitors but no "click" conversions?
    -- Lack of patience or persistence, etc.?

These are just examples -- what are your ACTUAL items?

9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Obviously, an online business is somewhat different from an actual, physical business. Sometimes, it is simply impossible to set goals for an online business, when you have to work with so many variables. The internet is one dynamic, competitive machine that will eat up anyone who has the same mindset as a business person would who is used to deal with the regular business world. Being very dynamic, the internet requires a constant adjustment of one's thinking and methods in order for his or her business to have some form of success. The competition is fierce (even though we don't think or notice it most of the time, but it's still there).

So, I don't necessarily set goals (how many visitors I will have next month, etc.), rather I work with all kinds of venues that are provided for me: social media, paid advertising, participating in discussions (like this one), etc. etc. - targeting all kinds of audiences with just one purpose: saturating the internet with my business' presence. The more, the merrier. And it's a never-ending job. What worked yesterday, may not work tomorrow. And there's always something new that I discover almost daily that I haven't even tried yet.

qwikad.com, Mar 7, 2013 IP