1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum or Website, what's the best ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Caspoor, Mar 6, 2013.

Hello guys, i hope you are well.
    I'd like to know what's the best to make, Forum or Website ? in visits and in earning from adsense.
    :)

Caspoor, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  2. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Zeshan Noor wahgra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Caspoor forget about adsense.I do not recommend anyone to earn via adsense.Even you can not cover up your hosting and domain cost via adsense.Think of other ways like affiliate marketing/link selling etc.
    Blog is better.Forums takes a lots of energy.Very very tough for an individual to handle it.Ask DP can they handle it alone?

Zeshan Noor wahgra, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  3. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Website is better. For a forum you would need moderators to manage your forum.

andrej, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  4. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Best Answers:
    Yup You have to assign moderators for different areas.The most toughest thing of all is how to manage spam.Even with modules you still have to fight hard manually to get rid of spam on your site.

5. Deceth

Deceth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's easier to manage a bunch of websites. A forum is great if you can build up a big community, but as soon as you do, to keep the forum useful takes a lot of management/moderation work.

You can make a lot more money from a website with a lot less stress and effort ;)

...but at the end of the day it all depends which you will have more fun doing. It's very different.

If you're running a website, you need to produce and publish all of the content. You need to be a good writer, and you need to enjoy writing a lot. Sometimes it's hard to avoid burn-out.

With a forum, it's different. You don't have to focus on writing as much, it's a community of people writing and interacting. It's a lot easier to write within a conversation than to write an article.

... so depending on your skill-set, a forum could be a better idea. :)

Deceth, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  6. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Websites are easier. When your website is successful enough start a forum. Starting a new forum only site is a pain and many of them die out.

ksb2050, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  7. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Best Answers:
    ksb yes you are right.This idea is also good.Start up with blog.Do regular updates and make your site popular.If you are getting success,decide and move on with subdomain of forum on same site or different website.

8. Shade666

Shade666 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    http://www.freeforums.org/

Best free forum ever, used in in the past don't regret it. After a while then you can upgrade to Xenoforo or what ever you feel you think you can use. I say forums is better because people chatting telling others will make the site popular. You can eventually create ads for you site and set up a donation center so you can raise money faster and become successful.

Forums in my opinion is easier.

Shade666, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  9. isababy

isababy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say you can get the best of both worlds.

You can start with having an established website first. Once you reach that point where you have a steady flow of traffic and engaging users, that is the time you go with forums to back up your website.

isababy, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  10. coolrohit222002

coolrohit222002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be forum as there will be more discussions compared to website.
    The more bigger and active your forum is, the more you have a good conversion.

coolrohit222002, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  11. Caspoor

Caspoor Member

Best Answers:
    I think most of you guys says forum, BUT there is some people told me that it's so hard to carry a forum by only me, but i can't carry it in just the beginning ? i mean carry it in his first months then after i get much more users i can make some moderators ? what's your opinion guys ?

Caspoor, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  12. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Websites usually, and almost always make more money than a forum. But then again, heavy traffic forums with loads of loyal "returning visitors" can give you a bunch load of cash every single week via VIP or premium memberships. But, looking back at my own experience over the last 14 years online I would say hands down that websites can potentially make more money than a forum.

wonay, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  13. reban

reban Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Manage your website properly...It can give you more options...Affiliate marketing is also a good option...!!

reban, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  14. Barry67

Barry67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's easier to earn with adsense from a website. For me, it's easier to earn from a forum, since there are other ways to monetize with paid memberships as well as adsense ads.

Barry67, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  15. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:
    forum vs website win website.

but if you make a website or forum only to earn money, you sure will not earn nothing.

lukeit, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  16. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start a blog and then eventually convert it into a website. It may be that neither the website nor the forum will not earn as much as a blog.

prawyyy, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  17. Chase Hainey

Chase Hainey Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can potentially earn a lot of money from either a forum or a website. The real issue is, how well can you attract people to visit your website. Not only visit it once, but keep them coming back. In today's world of Facebook and what not. Forums are slowly going by the wayside for smaller communities. It seems that only the long established forums survived Facebook taking over. Unless of course you have a game, project, or something similar that people will come complain to you about! :p

Chase Hainey, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  18. nba002

nba002 Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer forums.

nba002, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  19. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The time for establishing a big forum to make money from is over.
    Forum would be good 5-6 years ago, but not now. If you make a forum, you should work very hard for at least one year. You will have more flexibility over websites.
    So I prefer websites.

Arasp, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  20. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depend which you expert in ,
    For a website , you need to keep update fresh and unique content
    For forum, you need to manage it time to time and keep bring in new members .

As what i seen, forum actually did better in google adsense because forum do have more interactive with the visitors compare to website and lead more click to the banners.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    JerrickYeoh, Mar 13, 2013 IP