1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FB Likes, Twitter Followers, Youtube Views.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by directorbman, Feb 27, 2013.

Do business that sell these services actually make money, they are a dime a dozen on flippa.

Isn't the market saturated by now?

How would you develop a marketing plan to build traffic and convert to sales?

Examples:

#1 More Expensive.
    http://marketingstack.net/

#2 Blow Out Prices.
    http://instantsocialfollowers.com/

directorbman, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  2. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey there,

To be honest, that market is still expanding like crazy. It's a great opportunity to capitalize on that stuff while it's still hot. I think companies buy these services just to give the impression that they are popular.

Most of the likes, views, & retweets are actually fake, so there's no point trying to convert it into sales!

But like i said, it's still a hot market, and you can resell a website in flippa that hosts that kind of business :)

coloma21, Feb 27, 2013 IP
    DennisKnows likes this.
  3. Digital Key Box

Digital Key Box Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not sure if I am allowed to say that here as looks like this forum doesnt allow selling those but anyway, I am in this market and you cannot imagine how many people and companies want fans, views, followers. I even provide custom comments. People love having the biggest, best , highest in number things. It is just our nature so there will always be market for this :)

Digital Key Box, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  4. Stephan_Iscoe

Stephan_Iscoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fake Likes, etc. are in the same category as fake testimonials. Do you really want to do that!?
    If you have an awesome product and a killer offer, it's better to pay for PPC :)

Stephan_Iscoe, Mar 3, 2013 IP
    gotlivechat likes this.
  5. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    facebook likes didn't work as all expecting. facebook is smarter enough, they have blocked most of the out going links so you cant get user to your website you will see likes only on your posts until you spend some money on promoting post. so instead of wasting money here just post link to facebook and promote it with some $$ you will get real natural traffic to your website

xXxpert, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  6. directorbman

directorbman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    googles ppc is so expensive now. What is the alternative to drive targeted traffic?

directorbman, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  7. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think this can be a pretty good business if it is added as a bonus. Like when you are being paid to promote with articles, press releases, and even as a forum moderator. Spreading the word via social network can be an art/job performed with grace and good intention.

spammers with integrity ...FTW. :D

Karen May Jones, Mar 3, 2013 IP
    Stephan_Iscoe likes this.
  8. Stephan_Iscoe

Best Answers:
    Expensive!?

If it is expensive, the problem lies elsewhere: keyword selection, landing page relevance, product price, value proposition, compelling offer, credibility, risk removal, or market demand.

IMHO, PPC is a faster and cheaper way to test headlines and offers and get immediate conversions -
    no fooling around with generating content, submitting articles, SEO games, google-slap worries, blog posts, social media trolling, backlink schemes, or other headaches.

Best of Success!

Stephan_Iscoe, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  9. Stephan_Iscoe

Best Answers:
    True, that. However, I've been experimenting with 'Promoted' posts, and the results so far are encouraging. Costs me $7 per post. Looks like a great way to get additional traffic and Likes to a Facebook page. Then the job is getting visitors off FB and to your offer ;)

10. fubar78

fubar78 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good to know this about promoted posts! I've been trying to utilize Facebook more in my online promotion for my clients and haven't tried the promoted posts technique. But, like you said, getting people off Facebook is the challenge! I found that sending people from my ads to the client website never converted.

fubar78, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  11. Stephan_Iscoe

Best Answers:
    Because it's Anti-Social ;)

If they haven't been pre-sold on the offer, or if the offer is weak, then expect looooow conversions.

A 2 or 3-step approach might work better - newsletter sign-up, for example.

That's a conversion metric you can track, however it's harder to track an eventual purchase back to the original Facebook action.

Best to have a plan before you start!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    fubar78 likes this.
  12. zaaylo

zaaylo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly !
    Straightaway if you buy or try to buy un natural traffic to your product or service is not social (infect anti-social), which always creates huge junk or fake fake or retweets

useless

zaaylo, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  13. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:

Yea we sell services on our site (youtube views, graphics, etc) but I would never just send them to page with the buy button. Most people don't know that they can buy YouTube views or why they should even consider it.

Gotta educate. We have a few tricks up our sleeve that will change the game.

Dennis
    "the marketing menace"

DennisKnows, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  14. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they actually make money because this is the world that people love to having shortcut and get quick result.

Some business believe that they need to get some numbers for their social media pages before the go collect the real likes because people not really going to like a page with less likes. They are lot of reason to get those likes and view not because of thinking to make money with those fans and visitors , just another way to make their profile nicer or as a marketing way to generate more real likes.

JerrickYeoh, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  15. rhondaklewis

rhondaklewis Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not easy selling youtube views to i'mers. I do better when I add something for free like scraping articles spinning and posting with their url and keyword. Sometimes they ask for more!

rhondaklewis, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  16. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    A serious business can't depend on these things, likes, youtube views etc..... as they don't convert good.

MikeQ, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  17. AON21

AON21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a simple reason why buying likes isn't working for anything other than making a buyer FEEL good right up until they start asking these new 'followers' (cough-bots!) questions about their products or if they start an ad campaign on facebook.

Why?
    Because FB uses the existing likers as a reference in any marketing campaign and then uses their friends and friends-of-friends (who have similar interests to them) to create a viral marketing chain that actualy works really well with REAL people....

But when you have fake accounts, you end up sending a media blitz to friends of fake accounts, who are often fakers themselves - so congratulations, you have just spent real dollars advertising to fake people who will never buy a thing... :D

I'm sure you can see the domino effect here... ;)

Bottom line? There is not legs in the market (or rather the length of the legs is proportionate the gullibility of buyers) and it's only a matter of time before it becomes common knowledge that BUYING someone as a liker is actually doing the OPPOSITE to what is intended. Instead, it's creating an ongoing LACK of meaningful information for the buyer about people that really like the page in the first place (which is THE one true marketing advantage of Facebook, et al.)

AON21, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  18. D_C

D_C Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, everything is a business and evolves around money. So better less expect on what they're offering for free because it's just a start of tempting you to do so until you'll pay for more.

D_C, Apr 15, 2013 IP