1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is The Best Software To Edit Html?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by OaldDesign, Feb 1, 2013.

1. energizedit

energizedit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    +1 for Dreamweaver, it is the easiest and probably the most widely used.

energizedit, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  2. yenerich

yenerich Active Member

Best Answers:
    WeBuilder 2014 from Blumentals is good enough for me.

yenerich, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  3. icecube media

icecube media Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adobe Dreamweaver and notepad++ is the best HTML editor.

icecube media, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  4. B_Hermelijn

B_Hermelijn Member

Best Answers:
    Imo best is quite a bold way to put it. Because certain times when you use a software, you start to learn new shortcuts to improve your work on that particular software.

Although if you still want to know some well know and used software then:
    Notepad ++( Get the plugin ZenCoding ) - Free
    Sublime Text - Buy to Use
    Adobe Dreamweaver (WYSIWG) - Buy to use

B_Hermelijn, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  5. elbisnero

elbisnero Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use a combination of Notepad++ and Dreamweaver CS5. It does the job for me :)

elbisnero, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  6. Mohamed Elsharkawy

Mohamed Elsharkawy Member

Best Answers:
    try sublime text 2
    http://www.sublimetext.com/2

Mohamed Elsharkawy, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  7. wonay

wonay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MaxHTML
    DreamWeaver
    NotePad
    NotePad2
    NotePad++
    Php File Editors
    Etc.

wonay, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  8. dailyrazor

dailyrazor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adobe Dreamweaver is best software to edit html.

dailyrazor, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  9. spyderfx

spyderfx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on whether you're on a Mac or PC. I use Textmate on Mac and Notepad ++ on PC (though I do like Textmate far more!)

I find Dreamweaver is far too heavy for hand-coding.

spyderfx, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  10. winas_ben

winas_ben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend NotePad++ beause hand writing helps you to understand what is the code means reverse of dreamweaver ;)

winas_ben, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  11. Jennifer C. Obert

Jennifer C. Obert Member

Best Answers:
    I used both Notepad++ and Adobe dreamweaver. But most of the time i use dreamweaver, it is easy to use and friendly user interface.

Jennifer C. Obert, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  12. TopoRadar

TopoRadar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Notepa++ is the best, for me .)

TopoRadar, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  13. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adobe dreamweaver is best software to edit the code.

creativewebmaster, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  14. rozehrocks

rozehrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Dreamweaver to speed my coding since there is a suggestion thingy there. If you don't want to worry about making mistakes or leaving unclosed tags, use Dreamweaver.

I'm curious about Notepad++ . I might try it one of these days.

rozehrocks, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  15. redpro

redpro Banned

Best Answers:
    php designer is also very html friendly. It gives you power to remove syntax errors.

redpro, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  16. kamleshnishad

kamleshnishad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    dreamweaver is the best and best and professional software to html web page as well as editing. Try using this software.

kamleshnishad, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  17. citythemez

citythemez Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I suggest you to use notepad++ due to very simple, like notepad

citythemez, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  18. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds like a paid endorsement.

As one who has made a living fixing soi-disant web designers' sites, I can tell you that DW and PS are the scourge of the web coding world. To be kind, the web page coding they produce sucks.

If you're going to write code, you will want a text editor, not a word processor, and not some sort of WYSIWYG thingy-bob. You will want some features, depending on your own preferences. My editor requirements, not a complete list, follow:
    • I must be able to to do everything from the keyboard. I don't mean accessing the drop-down menus, I mean direct entry of instructions. Every time you lift your hands from the keyboard, you slow yourself. Those menus are good for the odd, don't use often enough to remember functions, but they're too slow for for more than that.
    • I agree with deathshadow on the value of panels over tabs. Until you've worked with multiple editing buffers open in the same window, you won't know what you're missing. I'm not saying tabs aren't useful, but there's no reason for a visual tab; after all, you're not using a mouse, right? ;)
    • The editor should apply formatting according to the type of file you're editing and also according to your preferences. For example, I want nested html tags and their content indented 2 spaces. I want PHP and Javascript nested functions indented 3 spaces, and I want css property/value pairs indented 4 spaces from the selectors. Other programming and markup languages each have their own rules. These things should be configurable and persistent. This may seem trivial, but it is critical in debugging and maintenance, as mismatched nesting levels become easier to spot.
    • Unlike deathshadow, I don't mind color highlighting, but it is not on my list of must-haves.
    • The editor must be extensible. ESR recently wrote a much needed application to move one versioning repository to another. I'll quote him regarding his extending his editor:
      Granted that Eric Raymond is a master of programming, but I'm not and I've managed to rewrite the html mode in Emacs to more closely do what I want it to do than what the original author wanted.
    • It can be handy to have ftp built in. Mine does, but I tend to use another ftp client. YMMV.
    • The editor should support an API for the cvs repository you use. You shouldn't have to leave your editor to commit your files.
    • You should be able to use the cli from within the editor. Working with files and directories from the command line is intrinsic to efficient use of the editor. Being able to use shell scripting from within the editor means you can automate an awful lot of drudge work. Example: I once maintained a site that needed some NFL stats. The process involved pulling specific data for each team for each week's game. The data was put into proper SQL queries and added to the database. Before automation, it took me 3 hours to do the job. After writing a BASH script that used AWK and Sed, it took only thirty minutes. Over the 20 week schedule, I saved myself 50 hours of drudgery. Since the editor was an integral part of the process instead of separate, there were other time and frustration benefits vs going back and forth from one app to the other.
    By now you've probably guessed that I prefer Emacs. You'd be right. That's not to say it is the right editor for everyone. If you're a point and click type, and productivity is not that important to you, by all means grab any GUI text editor that strikes your fancy. If you find yourself writing C, PERL, PHP, Javascript, Python, CSS, html, LaTeX, SQL, or simple prose for an article or book, choose a powerful, extensible, keyboard oriented text editor.

cheers,

gary

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    kk5st, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  19. Caden Grant

Caden Grant Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have Dreamweaver and I like it a lot but I've been using SublimeText lately which I like a little more. Dreamweaver still has a lot of functions that SublimeText doesn't that can be useful, but like someone said earlier it is a little pricey.

Caden Grant, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  20. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Any "functions" it has a flat text editor doesn't, is probably garbage you shouldn't be doing editing a website in the first place -- but again DW is a blight upon the Internet that should be taken 'round back o' the woodshed and put down like Old Yeller. People are dumber for having used it -- and I cannot fathom how anyone can see any merit in anything it has to offer... Though I too find sublime a bit crippled/broken, particularly on windows where to be frank, it feels like a crappy JAVA/Swing applet -- it supposedly isn't, but that's the feeling I come away with.

But again, I use Flo's Notepad 2 because it has all the features I need, and lets me turn off all the crap I have ZERO interest in dealing with... like tabs, color highlighting, autocomplete, and all the other crap that just gets in the way of me *SHOCK* writing code.

deathshadow, Mar 3, 2013 IP