1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some Important things I notice in Google ranking in 2013

Discussion in 'Google' started by moonheart, Mar 1, 2013.

Hi I have been in SEO since last more than 3 years. Everybody knows that SEO these days is not like that we did before. I can remember that when I was working in linkbuilding during the year of 2010-2011 that time it was very very easy to rank for low competitive keywords. Basically location based keywords like "limo in Toronto", "garage doors Vancouver" rank easily without doing much link building work. We only had to put the keywords on the title and as soon as google index the page we can get ranking.

Social bookmarking really worked good that time. We even used bookmarking tool to boost keyword rankings and it really worked very well. But this time I have seen that buck bookmarking submission is the biggest position of SEO. Lots of our client ranking went down due to the submission in low quality bookmarking sites.

So I want to inform some important points which might be helpful for the persons working in SEO:

1. Google is now almost act like human. The content you write on your website, if you think the content is good for reader, then Google will also give you reward with ranking. Try to provide as much as information on the topics that you write the article.

2. Google LSI indexing is really now live: Let say you have a keyword like "sell my gold", If your article title is like "how to sell your gold", then this article might be the perfect answer for the user who search as "sell my gold", so Google will rank your article for the keyword "sell my gold". So always try to write your meta title informative, do not write meta title like Keyword 1 | keyword 2 | Keyword 3, this type of title is not working now a days.

3. Stay away from Hidden text or link: I have been working for some websites since long time and they were ranking very well, but in a particular month their ranking down instantly, not even within 100. So I started my analyzing, after long research I found that client integrated some keyword staffed hidden text on the footer and header from their side and this was the only reason I found their ranking down. You can check through Google cache and clicking on "text only version" to see the hidden text of a website.

4. Stop work on penalized website: So if your website penalized by google in EMD or Penguin Update, then my suggestion is that leave work on that domain and start work in other domain. I know that most of people informed that they recovered from Google Penalty, but its like more than one years my 2 websites got penalized and I could not able to recover them. I might not be the perfect SEO to recover my websites, but I done almost everything to recover my websites, but nothing any gain.

So guys these are some information to the best of my SEO knowledge. Please inform me in the comment if you have something more to say.

moonheart, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  2. stephenj141

stephenj141 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In last month my friends website got penalized after panda update. Still he don't know the reason but it has to be duplicate content issue.

So in 2013, i would suggest don't publish your article in many websites and also monitor your existing content because there many user steal your content and post on their website.

stephenj141, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  3. zippy1nut

zippy1nut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can pull your penalized site out of penalty. I have had to sites penalty revoked. 1 took 4 weeks, 2nd took 3 1-2 months. Both sites regained their pre panda/penquin status roughly 15 days after...

zippy1nut, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  4. moonheart

moonheart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its nice to hear that you can able to recover your website from Google Penalty. Can you please share your experience here what cause the Penalty of your website and how you recover the site?

moonheart, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  5. chrisranjana.com

chrisranjana.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes correct. If google finds that you are willfully stuffing keywords into your pages, then it sure will penalize you.

chrisranjana.com, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  6. zippy1nut

Best Answers:
    Both sites are in VERY BIG competitive niched. Both sites had un natural link profiles which triggered the UN-Natural Link penalty and we received the WMT letters... Because we had Over-optimized anchor Key-terms, so I had to make the profile look natural.

The site that took 4 weeks to revoke penalty had just 20 anchor variations of terms and 12K total back-links. Site is a strong PR3, so we had to spread links site-wide (200 pages) and spread anchor variations over the hundreds of terms that fit the niche.

The site that took 3 1/2 months to revoke penalty had just 30 anchor variations of terms. This looked un-natrual especially when you have a site that has over 1000 products and pages. So I had to build links and spread anchors site-wide. This site is very strong PR5 site, so it had plenty authority.

This is what is keeping our site in Top positions in VERY COMPETITIVE NICHES:

Authority Links - <--Of course work hard for these links

Use every key-term anchor variation that fits your niche and use your domain name half the time. If you have 1000's of terms related to you niche then use all of them. Short and long. If you have 1000 pages on site, spread links to all.

When Authority Links and anchor variations are in place, then your on-page SEO and content will bring you home.

zippy1nut, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  7. Serp Creation

Serp Creation Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that what you have to do now is for users, if you try to do over-optimization then of course, you would be caught by Google.

Serp Creation, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  8. rakesh.swaransoft

rakesh.swaransoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just Follow Google Quality Guideline, Make Website for user not for search engine then you will never penalize by googlebot.

rakesh.swaransoft, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  9. el deen

el deen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    These are great tips. I'd advise to focus on getting quality backlinks rather than a bunch of unquality links.

el deen, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  10. christajoe

christajoe Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Zippy,
    I've been facing the same problem with my websites since January Update and still not been able to recover properly. I'm trying removing unnatural and bad links but they doesn't seem to be helpful. Could you please suggest some more tips in order to recover from the hit.

christajoe, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  11. zippy1nut

Best Answers:
    It may not be "bad links" but more on "unnatural links" Meaning over-optimized key-terms.

Example:
    If you have Total 1000 back-links to your site and you have a total of 4 keywords, keyword 1 is 25% (250 links), keyword 2 is 25% (250 links) , keyword 3 is 25% (250 links), keyword 4 is 25% (250 links) but you have 30 keywords that represent your niche its looks un-natural. Also, you have to balance link profile with alternate anchors like www.domain.com , etc. Most of the HIGH authority links we go after they only allow your anchor to be your www.domain.com.

I know it's hard to create a natural BUZZ about some sites, but if you are creating the buzz about your site using Link Building, Social Metrics, Citations, etc. it's has to look natural.

Very Selective TIPS:
    Articles, but only to the Top 5 Article sites all unique NOT SPUN crap
    PR but only to the Top 5 Article sites all unique NOT SPUN crap
    DOC sharing
    Social Metrics
    Citations
    Blogs - be very selective and relevant
    Forum - be very selective and relevant
    Update your content, keep your Site Blog Fresh
    Site architecture, the flow of your pages.

All these work still, but be very selective with authority and quality of site. Remember it's not about the Quantity of links but the QUALITY!! Less is More in today's Google....

zippy1nut, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  12. emdadblog

emdadblog Member

Best Answers:
    All SEO MASTER :

Before you start to cry to give better position in SEARCH ENGINE RESULT PAGE, ask yourself and your client - Do u really feel comfortable with your website including design, loading speed, navigation and others fact?

If you know the answer then you are the winner. No need to cry to search engine for better ranking. :)

emdadblog, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  13. zippy1nut

Best Answers:
    ^Above is very true as well. It's the total package........

zippy1nut, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  14. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i beg to disagree with this, why stop? i would suggest that you must be patient and give time to make things working...revamp your campaign and analyze on the part that you need to implement changes...stopping isnt an option (just saying), take it as a challenge ;)

rypher21, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  15. Mr. Link

Mr. Link Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I noticed most of the sites are ranking low in 2013. :D

Mr. Link, Mar 6, 2013 IP
    Padalda likes this.
  16. Padalda

Padalda Banned

Best Answers:

Yes, because Google is implementing different types of algorithm updates now a days.

Padalda, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  17. jackkavin

jackkavin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you sharing a good post yes i agree with you google algorithm making a more difficult to search engine optimization field many people and taking a tension and bother Google algorithm every month updates google per month change algorithm and change the method for SERP but only people are happy these follow google terms and condition published unique content and taking relevant links

jackkavin, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  18. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is good information. A lot is changing. Thanks for informing us, we have to be dynamic, know what is right and adapt to changes. We also need to keep on closely monitoring our work.

doktu, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  19. windbestpl

windbestpl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is very helpful. SEOER must keep learning.

windbestpl, Mar 11, 2013 IP