1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

qlWebDS

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Web Directory Reviews Org, Feb 26, 2013.

Not long ago, I bought qlWebDS Pro because it was cheap, I liked the looks of the pages it created, and I wasn't looking for anything that needed a lot in the way of capabilities, since I am using it for a directory of directories, and not for a comprehensive web directory.

For these purposes, I could be happy with it, although I would choose something else if I were looking to put together a larger directory, needing staff, etc.

However, there doesn't seem to be anyone home there. After buying the script, I was able to download and install it, all of which went fairly easy. There were a few things that I had trouble figuring out so I wrote to tech support. There were no responses, but I was able to figure it out on my own.

One of the things I wrote about was about an unbranded license. I did receive a response to that, although none of my other concerns were addressed. A little more than a week ago, I paid to upgrade to the unbranded license. I haven't received anything yet. A few days ago, noticing that thumbshots.com was requiring a code change in scripts using its thumb images, I wrote to qlWeb again, reminding them about the unbranded license that I hadn't received and letting them know about the thumbshots code change. No answer.

Now thumbshots are no longer working and I am wondering if anyone is home at qlWebDS. Does anyone know anything about it? I noticed someone from there used to post here, but I haven't seen anything that wasn't at least a couple of years old. Some forums don't like people resurrecting very old threads so I decided to start a new one.

I'm not a complainer and am very willing to be patient as long as I know that something is in the works. I'm starting to think that whoever is responsible for qlWebDS has gone on to other things, and is no longer interested. If so, it might make sense to quit taking people's money.

I don't know whether to move on to another script, although I'd really rather not, or whether I should just hang in there in the hope that someone reads the mail one day and decides to respond.

2. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The admin username at IVS forum is ContactUSA, I'm assuming it is the same here. They haven't been active at our forum since Jan 2010.

Their support forum is offline: http://www.qlweb.com/forum/

Hopefully a rep sees the thread.

silencer, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    pradip200 likes this.
  3. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:

Thanks. Yes, I noticed the support forum was down, and has been for at least a couple of months. I did get one reply that I don't think was automated, so I know someone checks the mail there once in awhile.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
  4. Ellys Kho

Ellys Kho Guest

Best Answers:
    about Unbranded License , after your paid it , i think you'll receive nothing. just need Remove Powered Code on Footer.

Ellys Kho, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  5. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    In the only reply that I received from him, he said there would be a file to upload, but I never heard from him again.

6. Ellys Kho

Ellys Kho Guest

Best Answers:
    i don't think so like that. Different of Branded & Unbranded License was on Link Back on footer . after you purchase it Unbranded License , you just need to remove Link Back on Footer. then on your Control panel of QlWeb your license will change from Branded to Unbranded.

Ellys Kho, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  7. pradip200

pradip200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are selling a product and after sometime you stop giving support, this is a very bad business practice. I am surprised that you paid again for just to make the product unbranded knowing that the seller is not giving you any support which he is supposed to give.

pradip200, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  8. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like the support you are getting is terrible at best. If you want a platform that provides great support give esyndicat a try.

When thumbshots changed their code a couple days ago my site were updated by their support staff within 24 hours.

swedal, Feb 27, 2013 IP
    pradip200 likes this.
  9. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    I heard from qlWeb today. He says he's sending my unbranded fies and a new version with the thumbnails code. So I'm good. As I said earlier, I wouldn't choose qlwebDS for a large directory that required staff, but for a one-person operation, it's easy to deal with and I like the looks of it.

silencer likes this.
  10. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you got a result. You're probably right in regards to the software. I've never used it, so my assumption is based purely on your timing for support. It would be better suited for a smaller niche operation that perhaps doesn't require urgent/fast support.

silencer, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  11. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:

Yes, I still haven't actually gotten anything from him but it may well be that he needs to rewrite some code for the thumbnails. As long as I know he's checking his mail once in awhile, I can be patient. This thread may have had something to do with the response that I got.

There is no real sense of urgency, other than the fact that I like things to work. I set up the directory of directories more as a means of putting directories that I intended to review into a queue, so that I didn't have to hunt them up every time I felt like doing a review. So I thought I'd list only the good ones, as well as any others that I found interesting, and let others pay if they wanted to be included, but I'm really charging more to keep the spammers away than to make money from it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  12. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    As a follow up, although he did write me, more than two weeks ago, that he would be sending me the code that I paid for, as well as the re-written code to make the thumbnails work, he hasn't. Nor has he replied to any subsequent emails.

13. maik105

maik105 Member

Best Answers:
    the problem was solved???..same thing happens to me

maik105, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  14. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    No, it wasn't. Although he wrote saying that he was going to send the code, and to rewrite the thumbnail code, he never did, and all subsequent inquiries were unanswered. I decided to dump QLWebDS.

15. Tomas Kulikauskas

Tomas Kulikauskas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I run Web Directory using qlWebDS directory script and I have fixed thumbnails problem. I registered account on http://www.thumbshots.com and modified some corresponding files on scrip and all ok. Check my directory PressALink - http://www.pressalink.com. If somebody needs more details let me know.

Tomas Kulikauskas, May 11, 2014 IP
  16. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Tomas. But I have already switched my directory over from qlWebDS. I come across some qlWebDS directories from time to time, so this might be of use to them. I will be adding your directory to my directory of directories, however. Again, thanks.