1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

White Hat SEO is a Joke! There's No Such Thing!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by coloma21, Feb 26, 2013.

Hi everyone,

For those of you who think that there's such thing as White Hat SEO, think twice!

In a perfect world, Google doesn't want anyone manipulating the search engines in any way, shape, or form. They want their search engines to be as natural as can get...

This means no on page optimization, no backlinks, and absolutely zero manipulation whatsoever.

Now think about it for a second, if we do SEO, that does in fact mean we are manipulate the search engines in some way... whether its by a little, or by a lot... manipulation is manipulation... simple as that!

So, if you are going to be part of the SEO game, you have to understand and accept that you are in fact doing at a bare minimum... Grey Hat.... and some of you Black Hat lol...

This is the reality of the world we live in today!

So stop kidding yourself, and just accept it :)

To Your Success,

Marc

coloma21, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  2. Andrew Futcher

Andrew Futcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google has guidelines... It's chock-full of 'white hat' suggestions to improve your rank. And as far as I am concerned they all work very well.

And among them, relevant content... SEO is now entering the war of words; websites which offer the most relevant content have the best rankings. Some people out there are even trying to discover the science behind how Google judges content quality to be good or bad, not just duplication, but word choices too. (;

Andrew Futcher, Feb 26, 2013 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yea, google does have white hat suggestions, but see how far you'll be able to go in highly competitive keywords such as Make Money Online or How To Lose Weight.

You won't get very far, especially in a world full of competition.

And no, they don't work well at all in highly competitive niches, unless you've already built an authority among your brand... such as celebrity name, public figure, etc.

And lastly, your absolutely wrong about Google judging quality content. At this point in time, they don't sit and decide what's considered valuable, and what's not.

Check out this case study, and you'll understand what i'm talking about.

click here: http://source-wave.com/24-hours-seo-ranking/

About 80% of your rankings is determined by quality backlinks, and those are the facts.

Those are the facts, and not theories.

From,

Marc

4. DomainCo.US

DomainCo.US Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you contradict yourself, so white hat does exist!

DomainCo.US, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  5. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    White Hat Suggestions...

Suggestions like "Making Your Title Match Your Keyword" isn't exactly SEO.

And if you think that's a real method, then that's just sad. Those are common knowledge by all SEO-ers.

I'm talking about Real SEO Methods that will skyrocket your rankings within weeks.

If You know so much, give me 1 white hat method that has personally given you page 1 rankings like clockwork.. in competitive niches...

A little quiet there i see...

From,

Marc

6. Andrew Futcher

Best Answers:
    Same could be said for white-hat... There are plenty of low PR sites ranking well in highly competitive markets all around the world... How do you think they got there? By chance?

Make no mistake - this isn't chicken or the egg were talking here; If you disregard black-hat you might not get top-spot but you can still get close, but if you disregard white-hat your site wont even make it into Google index, never mind the first page...

7. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google doesn't rank a site strictly based on PR.

In fact, PR now a days has nothing to do with rank..

If you want to see why they are ranking in the top, compare their link profile balance in majestic seo, and you'll learn quickly why this is the case.

Heck, i have PR-0 websites that are outrankings PR-5 in saturated niches.

The only point I'm trying to make is, white hat doesn't really exist. Because to Google, obtaining links unnaturally is all considered Grey Hat.

Even if it's simple as telling your buddy to put a backlink on their site. That's still grey hat, not white lol.

The only way to win in White Hat SEO is to make each of your content go viral..

Unless you personally have been an internet sensation, and have gone viral countless time, then you can't tell me that you've only been doing white hat.

Show me proof of your "Complete White Hat Ranks", and i'll take back everything I said.

????? let's see it! :)

8. Highway99

Highway99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both the white hat and black hat SEO do exist..Some of the articles on my blog are just ranking because of their rich content and some changes in meta tags etc they are even ranking higher then some of the pages with very less content but with few backlinks...Now if white hat doesnot exist i should have to create backlinks of all the posts i add to the blog to make them rank.. Taking another example another E-commerce website of mine having a pr4 is ranking below then others with less pr and backlinks in the same keywords i have created backinks but arel content rich websites...
    So according to me both the white hat and black hat SEO do exist but black hat is much more powerful than white hat and is almost nil in case of high competition keywords, but we cant say that its a joke and there is no such thing...

Highway99, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  9. Andrew Futcher

Best Answers:
    Maybe were arguing for the same thing here...

Black-hat is the manipulation of link structures to improve PR...
    Inversely; white-hat is a open method of improving your rank through accessibility/visibility.
    Although the two are not mutually exclusive, the difference is white hat really works...

I hear your point though that were are all in 'some-way' manipulating Google. I feel Google does not mind being manipulated as long as all those who use Google get better results/services/answers and a better user experience. Few could argue that websites that do not want traffic (rare I know) should get it against their will, it's a 'choice'.

coloma21 likes this.
  10. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yea i know what you mean now... we were just both saying it differently lol...

11. DomainCo.US

Best Answers:
    First you were saying there is no such thing as white hat then you want a proof of white hat page 1 ranking and added in competitive niches? isn't this you admitting white hat might work?

and no i can't reply while you were in the process of posting :)

DomainCo.US, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  12. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dude, think about what im trying to say.

You can't necessarily do SEO & White Hat. Because by default, SEO is manipulating the search engines, and google does not want any type of manipulation of the search engines.

So in a sense, White Hat SEO is contradictory, get it?

I personally do Grey & Blackhat SEO haha, but i'm just pointing out the irony of the situation.

That's my only purpose, to point out the irony. Makes sense?

coloma21, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  13. DomainCo.US

Best Answers:
    dude you're the one who's not thinking or doesn't want to accept anything other than your own opinion. you were saying that you're either grey or black. following googles guideline in terms of SEO is not manipulating the search engine, it is following rules

DomainCo.US, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  14. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, then that's good for you, go ahead and be the little angel that you are lol...

I'm guessing you wanted an award for that too?

coloma21, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  15. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    I prefer "Algorithm Reversal Engineer" .....if you must call me something :)

sundaybrew, Feb 27, 2013 IP
    coloma21 likes this.
  16. creationsweb

creationsweb Peon

Best Answers:
    white-hat SEO mean work under search engine guideline so if you break the search engine rule then you will punished.If your website is optimize with SEO process and it will not punished by any search engine algorithm then it will-be White-Hat SEO process.

creationsweb, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  17. axxil

axxil Member

Best Answers:
    Trying to be Mr/Mrs/Ms White Hat like trying to be a little Mr/Ms Perfect in life. It ain't never possible. And who's got time for all that carefullness anyway? And what business (casting no aspersions here) is run 100% right on perfect?

A touch of the grey never did anybody an harm ;)

axxil, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  18. Zeshan Noor wahgra

Zeshan Noor wahgra Active Member

Best Answers:
    First there are Google webmaster Guidelines for sure.Some one add MATT CUTTS is SEO do not exist he said no it exists.
    No matter how good we debate no matter how good methods we use we all still in my view to some extent surely try to manipulate rank.
    There is a very narrow line in my view between "Try to rank" and "manipulating to rank".

Zeshan Noor wahgra, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  19. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

Exactly - Its kinda like Obesity ;-)

We as Americans are the FATTEST people on Earth ;) We are not following "Diet Rules"

Thats for sure :(

sundaybrew, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  20. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    White hat does exist, it`s just that noone follows entirely, everyone mixes a bit of grey hat :)

webcosmo, Feb 28, 2013 IP