1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sick Of Wanabe SEO Spammers

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by coloma21, Feb 22, 2013.

Hi guys,

There's a common trend that i notice in this forum.

Alot of the so called "SEO Experts" are just plain spammers, and post things that are way too general, or they just pull it out from another website.

If you are the type of person, then i'm going to call you out on it. I'm sorry, I'm sick of wannabe's trying to claim something they are not.

And i'm sure much of the forum community agrees as well.

So much for my rant lol.

coloma21, Feb 22, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, this "formula" approach to SEO is stupid. It's amazing morons still believe meta keywords work for Google (it works for Bing - as spam indicator)or that a ten step plan of link spam qualifies them as an SEO expert. They don't realise that spam links are spam links regardless of whether they are made automated or manually.

/end of rant.

ryan_uk, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  3. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In every field there is a couple of ignorants who think they know something but in fact they know nothing! is what you call in this case Wannabe and what Ryan call Morons and What hackers call in them fields Lamers...etc Spammers is the kind of this lamers, noob, wannabe and morons who think that "As much as they put them link as much as they will get a high PR" Stupid and dump in the SEO field... So what to do against them! Nothing! Because How Can You Tell To a Dunkey He/She's a Dunkey When He/She Think She/He's a Horse! LOL

themes4all, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    indyonline and ryan_uk like this.
  4. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    What to do? Once in a while have a rant. :) Yes, you are right, we can't change anything and the same everywhere. When I worked in Windows desktop and server support (up until November 2011), I was surprised how many myths there were and it reminded me of SEO so much.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
    ryan_uk, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    themes4all likes this.
  5. MrJohn

MrJohn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't agree more with you on this topic, even more so with Ryan. It bugs me, but at the same time the people that fall for those spammy services obviously aren't doing their research before they hire someone. So, they have pretty much earned what they received. It sounds harsh, but it is true.

SEO is always going to be a battle between those that do it the right way and those that do it the wrong way. This is why I always advise people to go with companies that have proven track records and BBB ratings, rather than a freelancer that is posting on this forum. I am not saying all freelancers are bad, they are just more of a risk when hired than a company that is reputable in the same niche. Just my two cents.

MrJohn, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. themes4all

Best Answers:
    hehehehhe yes this can help sometimes!! maybe they will ask the good question "HOW THIS THINGS WORK" not just downloading a soft and using it like an Idiots... Maybe we should make a website for spammers hunters hehehhehhehe

7. themes4all

Best Answers:
    Sure and i agree with you.. most people look for the Lowest Price and this what spammers exploit... Rathen than hiring a freelancer even though he/she's good with a risk of getting scammed, i would ask for a notable company that i can follow in justice in case they don't respect the contract...

8. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

Funnily enough, many years ago, I had a website about "spam hunting". It was advanced fee fraud spam hunting, though, and not SEO. It became a big drain on my life due to extensive coding (the site was custom in PHP, I didn't use a CMS) and community involvement. Now I am rambling, sorry!

Regarding what else you wrote, sure they will post asking how meta keywords work for ranting. :D :rolleyes:

ryan_uk, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  9. themes4all

Best Answers:
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :):):) yeah i see such questions in many forums and i always answer : Keywords is oldies just like you :):)

ryan_uk likes this.
  10. Highway99

Highway99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually SEO is a very wide subject and it is not having any exact method, So every time someone knows something about it start considering themselves as an SEO expert.Most of them thinks they know all about SEO but most of them are wrong...And many times they get some customers too which creates a risk on the customers about their website along with the loss of money..And it is a forum and everyone has a right to express themselves doesnt matter to them if they are wrong or right.

Highway99, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  11. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In a perfect world all of you would be absolutely correct.

The reality is, Google search is always going to be based on an algorithm, and for as long as that remains, you will have blackhat SEO's who look to game the system. Some work for a period of time, others don't. It's not a path to longterm success... but in any field, if people can cheat to gain (even in the short term), some people are going to do it.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  12. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
  13. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WebDev Solutions, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  14. seohound

seohound Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As long as links are integral to the Google algorithm (and as far as i can see they still are) then blackhat techniques will continue to have some effect.

It's certainly not a long term solution however as long as you are clever enough to fly under the radar and not get too greedy then they can give your business a boost.

However automated systems are now too dangerous and i wouldn't allow any of my clients to use them, they are easy pickings for Google and you will not last long.

I know of one major UK based agency that had 40% of its clients recieve link warnings at the same time last year. That was because it had all the clients on a link network that got walloped by Google, hence all it's clients got the Google Slap.

It's the balance of having to achieve results for clients in specific time periods without getting into trouble with Google, that's the question that me and many of my colleagues are constantly trying to work out.

seohound, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  15. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    They actually don't know what exactly an EXPERT does. When they will learn the definition of expert, they will no more call themselves expert. I hate people call them expert when they don't have anything to support the fact. I have been looking for some good writer since long but didn't find one. Lots of so called expert writers contact me but they don't have basic knowledge of English.

What the hell !!

softech02, Feb 27, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  16. themes4all

Best Answers:

There is a difference between someone who TRY and i incest to TRY to help and between someone else who say things by using copy/past and repeat the same OLD strategies or same called SEO Tools... There is one thing im confident about : SEO EXPERT don't Exists...

themes4all, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  17. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

Oh, there are some but they're really rare. Like most complex subjects, there are many more adepts than there are masters. The guys at SEOmoz are pretty impressive and I've run into one or two others.

Unfortunately, most of the people who talk about SEO shout their mouths off or regurgitate what they heard four months ago in a random forum rather than offering considered opinion and discussion. :oops:

And incidentally, I wouldn't even consider myself an adept. A knowledgeable layman perhaps...

TIEro, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  18. themes4all

Best Answers:
    This exactly what i think too.. while the talk about seomoz and others we all remember the 27 September with the Big HIT of Google to lot of big websites including the popular blogs on the SEO field... Thus they thought they do right in them seo strategy but even with this experience everybody was shocked and used the Complaints to google search engine staff like we all do... that's why i said there is no Expert in SEO field.. There is a Try to Understand and to use the best natural way.. it's Unstable Field....

themes4all, Feb 27, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  19. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a new trend, been going on here for years. It is BS though. It would be nice to be able to call them out in their threads and not have to worry about getting an infraction for sabotage. So many people doing this crap. They just copy somebody elses idea, or read an eBook from Warrior forum. They know their crap don't work, they just want to make their money. They have no other real skills so they read an eBook and claim to be SEO professionals.
    It's funny how these idiots buy a few dropped domains to sell links on and call themselves "SEO's" too.
    Idiots... <--- There are thousands of them here.

indyonline, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  20. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    hahaha i know exactly what u mean!

coloma21, Feb 27, 2013 IP