1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Think Bing Could Overtake Google Soon?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by GekiDan, Feb 18, 2013.

Do you think Bing could overtake Google soon?

GekiDan, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  2. GokuDBZ

GokuDBZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think so. As per the search engine traffic I receive, 96% is from Google, 3% from Bing, 1% from Yahoo and 1% from others.

So I don't think Bing can overtake Google, atleast for the coming few years.

GokuDBZ, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  3. Jennifer C. Obert

Jennifer C. Obert Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, in Search Engine Optimization, we only rely on google. Big part of my organic traffic came from google, so they can't beat google as search engine.

Jennifer C. Obert, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  4. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's possible in theory, since once upon a time Microsoft's share of the Internet browser market was 95%, then Firefox and Chrome took a large fraction of that market share away. Will Google allow that to happen in the search engine wars? Only time will tell.

Frustrated marketers may lead the charge for change. With the latest Google algo changes, plus robots making it easier to flag a supposedly thin or spammy mini-site, more sites are getting manually deranked (some Matt Cutts drone just flicks a switch and the list of suspected sites get flushed to page nowhere). This is increasingly eliminating a stable environment for webmasters to monetize a SEOed site, even if it's 100% white hat.

Google is abandoning SEO, or at least a monolithic set of rules applying to all sites, and enforcing (again, inconsistently) "natural authority optimization" by rewarding sites that collectively have naturally derived authority with the optimal rankings. This scheme thus tries to cut out all the traditional tricks for artificially attaining authority (buying aged domains, high PR backlinks, etc), leaving only the YouTubes, WebMDs and eBays as the sites holding true natural authority.

Bing is not the answer. It's advised to try working on mastering the ways to exploit the internal search engines of major websites (Amazon, Yahoo Answers, YouTube, et al) to steer traffic to your sites, as an alternative to general search engines, who are plainly now gaming us harder than we are them.

melprise, Feb 18, 2013 IP
    Suimme likes this.
  5. Registernuke

Registernuke Member

Best Answers:
    In regards to your question, the key word to ponder is the word... soon. If Bing is ever to catch up with Google it will not be for a while, if there was a possibility of it happening at all. Just consider the Business aspect of Google right now as of today with regards to topping at $800 per stock for the first time ever. Google is obviously doing well business wise, therefore more resources to back up their search engine development research arm.

Registernuke, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The main problem is technology-wise Bing just isn't that good of a search engine when compared to Google. The end result is people just don't use it and site owners don't get much traffic from it. For example this site gets 11,200% of more search engine traffic from Google. The amount of traffic Bing sends makes it not even worth the effort. We could block Bingbot and probably wouldn't even notice.

[​IMG]

digitalpoint, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  7. Amilyparker

Amilyparker Member

Best Answers:
    no, no way. I don't think there will be one search engine can beat google. They are too excellent.

Amilyparker, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  8. Sap-Payment

Sap-Payment Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry Bing never overtake Google, Google always at first.

Sap-Payment, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  9. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    Who knows, other search engines have all reasons to be number one.

lesa mitchell, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  10. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When a king is ruling over a large territory
    it takes time to overthrow him.
    Time will tell this -
    but one thing is for sure
    Google is the lord of the online world
    and they are very smart
    not hard to overthrow.

vna1611, Feb 23, 2013 IP
    zaaylo likes this.
  11. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    who knows, there might be a whole new search engine that pops up and changes the game

Traditione, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  12. muyilleum

muyilleum Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt it but even if it does it won't be anytime soon.

muyilleum, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  13. Henry Mc Cullum

Henry Mc Cullum Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, the Google covers the most of online market of world, In near future it is not possible to beat Google by any search engine.

Henry Mc Cullum, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  14. todion

todion Member

Best Answers:
    I don’t think about Bing because it never possible but I think Facebook become closed competitor and may be overtake when Graph search are running worldwide.

todion, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  15. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Never say never is my thought. Google dominates but if you checked your page rank in Bing, it probably ranks higher in their search engine. Google is changing and the paid advertisers are getting far more exposure than optimized websites. Greed can come back to haunt you. Some of my FREE Google websites are not found anywhere close to first page on Google but some of them are first page on Bing for their key words. Google has destroyed key word domain names for the most part.

globegenius, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  16. Eugene_K.

Eugene_K. Member

Best Answers:
    If Google will be overthrown - I really doubt that it will be done by Bing.
    And definitely not in the nearest future.
    Also, with the recent updates Google is diminishing the importance of the SEO - not good.

Eugene_K., Mar 1, 2013 IP
  17. Mike2010

Mike2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No way , it can't be as Google is already dominate the entire world in every section.There is no doubt someday Bing will be second priority.

Mike2010, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  18. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never in a million years.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  19. sam08

sam08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't think it will, but I do think it's becoming a viable alternative. I know quite a few people who use it for things other than "traditional web search." For example, many enjoy the Bing Images much more compared to that of Google, and use Bing strictly for that. Bing Ads is also something I've tried, and have liked it so far.

But in terms if "completely overthrowing Google." Nah.. don't think it will happen.

sam08, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  20. athulbnair

athulbnair Active Member

Best Answers:
    How is it possible! Facebook is not a search engine, it is a social network. They use bing search as their internal search engine.

athulbnair, Mar 30, 2013 IP