1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question about backlinks from forum comments

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by marwa saf, Feb 24, 2013.

i want to ask about getting backlinks from forum comments when i comment on a forum to get backlink from is it ok to but one anchore text or can i but more that one linking to my site in different pages like home page & services
    please i need answer very soon because i am fresh on that field

marwa saf, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  2. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    You can send people to your site if you post the link in your comment, there is not problem with that.

If you need some advice from the members here or you need to show something to everyone here, posting a link to your site would be beneficial to you and to those who are willing to help you.

In this forum there is a section called REVIEWS where you can ask people to go and have a look
    at your site or anything else.

Remember one thing.

Don't post links that send people to your site all the time, everytime you make a
    comment.

The idea is to provide value to the community here. Posting links to your site everytime you write a comment is not a good thing to do in forums.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Gianni Palazzo, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  3. marwa saf

marwa saf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i was afraid to post a link not to be considered as a spam thanks for your help i will go to review to see if i could get any answers and tips

marwa saf, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  4. nasi

nasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Forum signatures can actually hurt your site rather the help you rank higher.Latest Google Algorithm updates (known as Penguin,Panda updates) devalued them.Try to get links from forums but they should be inside threads content.

nasi, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  5. falsebook

falsebook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    firstly,most of the good forum comments are nofollow.It is good to have a mixture of nofollow and dofollow links, only make sure that your comments are in your blog's niche. Don't spam!

falsebook, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  6. zebrathemes

zebrathemes Active Member

Best Answers:
    And be careful about giving attention to the rules of forums because most of High PR forums dont allow self promotions and you would end up being a spammer and get banned.....

zebrathemes, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  7. zebrathemes

zebrathemes Active Member

Best Answers:

I dont think so Google latest updates have stated any where about devaluing forum signature because through signatures only my WordPress themes website have achieved rank.

zebrathemes, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  8. kingsweb

kingsweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Forum signature works but if you put link that is related to forum answer.

kingsweb, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  9. sabrina

sabrina Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you put links that suits the question asked then forum signature will help you in getting backlinks!

sabrina, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  10. nasi

nasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I made a thread about that: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-to-optimize-your-site-like-a-seo-professional-24-02-2013.2638961/
    Links are only 10% of ranking factors now,maybe less.You can see many PR1 website on top of Google for highly competitive keywords.This is because now quality of the websites is more important than backlinks.Google bot using more than 200 factors to rank a website and only one of them is backlinks.So if you made a nice website with valuable content,Google will award you with good rankings.Do not fool yourself that forum signatures are the reason.Few forum sig. can probably help you a bit for long tail keywords,but in general if you build hundreds,thousands of forum signatures you can have effect near to 0 (or even negative one).The latest Google updates are focused in this direction.
    Mutt Cutts (Google Spam team leader and spokesman) speak about that is his blog.In short:
    If you have 2 sites - site A and site B,targeting same keywords.Site A has a great content and user experience but no links.Site B is crappy,has poor navigation and structure but thousands for spammy links (e.g. blog comments,forum sign.).Google will always rank site A better. (i mean if other ranking signals for both sites are same,e.g. age,autorithy..)

nasi, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  11. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:

How can we get backlink from forum if we didn't use signature?

karthick9, Feb 25, 2013 IP
  12. saqiseo

saqiseo Banned

Best Answers:
    Great advice.... Forum signatures are becoming spam now-a-days and it is better to stay far away from them, a good forum is always an exception. But since there are a lot of other ways to get quality backlinks from, why to waste our time in Forums and stuff.

saqiseo, Mar 8, 2013 IP