1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review My Videos Website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by slopuc, Feb 17, 2013.

Hello to everyone!

I want to present you a fresh website with a bunch of fun and interesting videos.
    It's Klip.si

How all started?

There were students years, full of free time, nowhere to spend ( Well, except at parties :D ). So, I used this my free time for a website. I didn't want to use any existing CMS system, so I "made my own" system. Matter of fact it's just a lot of custom code with integrated CMS. Firstly there was a really minimalistic design which did not reach my expectations, so I made a new design and new logo. It's a way better now ;)

[​IMG]

What is Klip.si?

It's a webpage where you can spend your free time watching new, interesting videos. We just collect the best videos of youtube, vimeo, liveleak etc. on a one web site. Even you can upload new videos, only term is that has to be interesting and never uploaded on Klip.si before. We update videos every day and there is allways something cool to watch ;)

Klip.si? Why dot SI?

It's a main domain of Slovenia. Firstly I created only Slovenian version, but now, I want to spread this even to world's #1 language - English. My last modification was an English version of Klip.si. This is the main reason to introduce you this website.

I recommend you to visit English version here: Best video clips

I would be very pleased if you leave me some comments, compliments and most important - criticism!

Greetings!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    slopuc, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  2. George 12

George 12 Member

Best Answers:
    nice site having quality videos

George 12, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  3. worldart

worldart Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say content of the site looking good but you should have better color scheme for your site and it should be have category more then the current one

worldart, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  4. VidpeDotCom

VidpeDotCom Peon

Best Answers:
    Very clean and modern look.

I would suggest adding a logo that stands out more, also add more categories.

Regards.

VidpeDotCom, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  5. RingLord

RingLord Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like the theme, clean!
    My suggestion:
    1. Make the Logo 'Klip' more bold so it become strong as your brand.
    2. Adding more menu in the right side, too many empty space there.

RingLord, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  6. slopuc

slopuc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @George 12, thanks for your comment!

@worldart, on the page there are currently 15 categories. You can browse only selected one by choosing it in the right sidebar (top position) or you can even click on the text under a video description. I agree that they should be more visible - I'm doing something in this way. Thanks for your opinion too!

@bondfilm, what theme would you prefer? This is not some WP theme or something, it's custom made, there isn't any CMS in the background. In what way would you change a theme? Thanks.

@VidpeDotCom, thanks for your opinion! I'll probably do something in that way.

@RingLord, thanks for your compliments. I'll think about the logo and definitely add more menu. I also hate that empty space there, I would also like to fill up the right sidebar. If you check the Slovenian version of Klip, all this problems are more or less solved. Do you, or anybody else have any idea what to iclude in menu and what to include in the right sidebar?

Thanks to everyone, your opinions means a lot to me!

slopuc, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  7. armour16

armour16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice name and nice design i like it

armour16, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  8. slopuc

slopuc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @armour16, thanks!

Anyone have any idea how to spread my webpage worldwide? I'm a little saddened by the fact that there are videos which are really great, worth watching and I spend my time to translate them, but just a few people are present on english version. Thanks in advance guys!

slopuc, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  9. armour16

armour16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you may need to get a .com or .net version for the website, it works for me, goo luck once again if need help i will be here, just PM me

armour16, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  10. slopuc

slopuc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know it would be a great option to buy domain with .com or .net, but they are all unavailable. Thanks for your kindness again. We are in touch over PMs ;)

slopuc, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  11. armour16

armour16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    okay sure

armour16, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  12. slopuc

slopuc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook group of English version on Klip.si is poor. I can't obtain any new members. I know it's very repulsive to like, becouse of a small number. Does anyone have an idea how to get more likes on that version? Thanks!

slopuc, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  13. manwink

manwink Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    maybe you are interested in changing the layout in gallery because video posts work well with that style...people never read much, they only see screen pics and click to watch

manwink, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  14. slopuc

slopuc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What gallery are you talking about? You mean on FB page? How can I change the layout there? Thanks for your comment!

slopuc, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  15. comanche82

comanche82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the clean look of your site. The video's are great but you need more text content if you want to make more $ per click on your ads. I have some experience with video type website and for me Its not even worth placing ads around the videos. The only thing the videos are good for are to bring traffic to your site. If you want to make real money with ad-sense you need lots of unique text content. Once again, you did a great job on the site.

comanche82, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  16. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe don't use a drop down menu for categories so it's easier to navigate just click on a category (maybe use tag cloud). I'd also make description text of video more readable, can't read it as it is now barely visible. The post pages: http://klip.si/en/video-shocking-lamborghini-crash-2420 are good with fb plugin and right side suggestion... colour of site is also good.

I wouldn't make that right banner move down as you scroll down, it's intimidating, this site is all about staying relaxed watching cool videos so I wouldn't add some boring annoying banner that follows the user. You can feature Top Videos on that side (homepage right bar) or Latest Video Uploads

jacksarlo, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  17. slopuc

slopuc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @comanche82, thanks for your comment. I know that I need more text content, but I really don't know what to include for text content. The main thing are videos and there can't be as much text content. You have any idea what to include? Thanks again.

@jacksarlo, great idea! I didn't even think about list of categories without drop down. I'll also try to make description more readable. You mean it's not readable on the index page or under the video?
    About right banner it's because there is a FB Like Box and I just want to gain some users.
    Also great idea of including Top Videos on this side!

Everyone, thanks for the comments, you are helping me a lot with it ;)

slopuc, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  18. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I love the look and feel of the site, very clean and friendly! Great job!

webcosmo, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  19. usman8

usman8 Banned

Best Answers:
    Your website is good enough and i personally find this so informative and i will recommend my friends to purchase through your site. And i will also ask you to bring more and more stuff in your site which is also good and have something in quality.

usman8, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  20. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes on homepage: "A great video which shows the behavior of a man..." It's grey colour with background similar grey so they kinda hard to read, white background and black text is always the best."

About right banner it's worth yes keeping it, testing it maybe it's ok.

jacksarlo, Feb 23, 2013 IP