1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Canonical Tag

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nikhil sniga, Feb 20, 2013.

Hello,

Is canonical tag important for every seo friendly site ? I have 2-3 website and I already put canonical tag in one of them. Should i put in others two also ? Please share something for Canonical tag. Thanks.

nikhil sniga, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  2. ushahm

ushahm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you have same content in multiple pages you can put canonical tag and tell to the search engine which is your prefered page to show in search engine results and it helps to avoid duplicate content issues.so you can add canonical tag in your 2 websites.:)

ushahm, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  3. nikhil sniga

nikhil sniga Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for quick reply. I saw somewhere that If we have more than 500-600 words in content we should add canonical tag. Is it true ?

nikhil sniga, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  4. david0019

david0019 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    canonical tag is used to avoid duplicate urls and maintain google page rank.

david0019, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  5. obizyana

obizyana Active Member

Best Answers:
    Using the canonical tag will help you to avoid duplicates. Google Panda filter doesn't like duplicate content and it may hit the site's rankings. So it's recommended to remove the duplicates. Canonical tag solves this problem, especially if your URL structure is based on parameters usage.
    This is a good article from SEOMoz about the canonical tag. I hope it helps to implement it correctly to your websites:
    http://www.seomoz.org/blog/canonical-url-tag-the-most-important-advancement-in-seo-practices-since-sitemaps

obizyana, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  6. Soumyananda

Soumyananda Member

Best Answers:
    Canonical tag is mostly used to avoid duplicate URL from the site. If you have pages with same content, then you can add canonical tag.

Soumyananda, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  7. florance12

florance12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is used to tell Google which is the correct version of a page, so if you have a page that has a few duplicates with different URLs, you can put the Canoncial tag in to tell Google the 'true' version of the page.

florance12, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  8. manoj.kapoor

manoj.kapoor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've 2 pages abc.com and abc.com/index.php

on which page do I need to add Canonical tag and what would be the syntax?

manoj.kapoor, Apr 17, 2013 IP