1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Po Box

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bionecrosis, Feb 19, 2013.

Anyone can tell me what is t he difference betwyn PO Box and Postrestant adress?I am not shure if here is right plce to ask.I actuly am asking for turkey post service PTT

bionecrosis, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  2. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Is that the correct spelling? Trying to look it up but it's not a word.

indyonline, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  3. innozemec

innozemec Active Member

Best Answers:
    for sure that is mispelled

innozemec, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  4. bionecrosis

bionecrosis Peon

Best Answers:
    I
    I meen poste restante

5. innozemec

innozemec Active Member

Best Answers:
    that for sure isn't in english..

innozemec, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  6. bionecrosis

bionecrosis Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I just used google translate and translated it from english to my language.This is the definition I coppy and pas from the post service web sait(he is on english also) It is the service for delivery of ordinary and registered letter post items at PTT workplaces on application of the addressee without giving the address of the addressee and only with “Postrestant” expression and the destination place

7. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A PO box is a mail box at a post office where you can have mail delivered.
    Poste Restante is a service where your mail carrier will stop sending your mail to your residence, at your request, until you request they start sending it again. While being on vacation for example.

indyonline, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It might not be english but it's what it is called all over the world. Why translate a perfectly good name?

Poste Restante was originally set up for travellers so that mail could be collected at a central point (usually a hotel or post office). The collection point didn't need to be told you were coming and you'd just turn up and collect mail when you eventually got there. Mail that doesn't get collected would eventually be returned or binned.

In the days before the internet (when I went backpacking) it was the best way to get news from home.

sarahk, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  9. bionecrosis

bionecrosis Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello and thanks for replayes.So I see it ie very similar PO Box and Poste Restante...So is it fine to put only name of reciever post office adresse and Poste Restante on the mail,and he go to take it from post office with passport?Also if yes why people should pay for rented PO Box if they can just recieve Poste Restante

bionecrosis, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Because if you use Poste Restante you look like a tourist not a serious business person.
    And the Poste Restante service may decline your mail if they believe you aren't entering into the spirit of things.

Why do people always have to be so cheap? If somebody does something for you shouldn't they be paid/compensated?

sarahk, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  11. bionecrosis

bionecrosis Peon

Best Answers:
    Well
    Well I am agree only was curioused actualy I am a turrist.And ordered something...In what case they can't deney?

12. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to add a note: you should always inform the post office that you'd like to use their Poste Restante services before you do it. They'll probably still hold stuff for you but most are a LOT nicer about it if you let them know in advance: the one time I used the service, my local PO even took a contact number and called me when I had stuff come in. Very nice.

I think Poste Restante arrangements also run out: if you don't pick anything up for a while, the post office might just return it to the sender(s). And there's no pre-defined period: they can just decide "This stuff's old" and return it. PO Boxes don't run out (at least not during the period you pay for).

With a rented PO Box you could also use redirection services when you move. You can't do that with Poste Restante, which means you could end up having to go back to your old area just to pick stuff up.

TIEro, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  13. bionecrosis

bionecrosis Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks.