1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is There Still Room For A Newbie In Internet Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by domina mckenzie, Feb 19, 2013.

Hi.

I am a wet-head when it comes to Internet Marketing, but I have been writing online for more than 5 years and have written for major blogs and directories, so I have a pretty good idea when it comes to SEO. Do you guys think I can still penetrate the Internet Marketing field, being a newbie?

I have recently created a website and am thinking whether I'd use it for offering services, or as a blog, or for Affiliate Marketing.

I understand that I still need to learn a lot of things in this field, and I am very willing, but the bottom line is..

I am here to earn.

Any thoughts?

Any helpful response is greatly appreciated.

domina mckenzie, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  2. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you want to learn? I am an experienced webmaster. Are you a writer? You may PM me if you want. I can answer your questions.

makeit easy, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  3. Jennifer C. Obert

Jennifer C. Obert Member

Best Answers:
    You have an advantage because you already have a background in article marketing. Apply some SEO on your blog that offering services.

Jennifer C. Obert, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  4. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    Writing online and thinking you understand SEO...your blogging has nothing to do with that. I could blog about my penis for 25 years and that makes me understand SEO?

Users responding that you can learn when you say "I am here to earn". Ironic. just ask for free spoon feeding of money and methods.

kulik, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  5. Mouad.bk

Mouad.bk Member

Best Answers:
    People can answer if you transform earn to learn ;) about having experience in SEO by blogging, i don't think so because SEO is so vast like a work...

Mouad.bk, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  6. Luke_Wright

Luke_Wright Member

Best Answers:
    You can gain experience if you really do something useful not just blogging. Blogging wouldn't really help a lot and definitely you won't make some money. So get on the business and try to earn for real. If you need any advice,be free to pm me.

Luke_Wright, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  7. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is "Earn" in "Learn", so starts learning on something that really interest you therefore you will earn something in the end. Better late than never.

MIYABI, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  8. domina mckenzie

domina mckenzie Member

Best Answers:

I agree. I should have added to that... to the effect of.. I have been writing about SEO for many years and have worked with webmasters and SEO gurus...la la la.... just to get the point across.

And while we are on the Interstate where everything I said up there is being dissected, let me just reiterate that I never said "I understand SEO" lol... that's a galaxy away from being in the same league as "I have a pretty good idea when it comes to SEO".

I just love it when people crack me up with their "pseudo-criticisms" as if they know everything about the universe. LOL.

And I did say learn and then earn...try again, bud.

domina mckenzie, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  9. domina mckenzie

domina mckenzie Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty well said, Pretty :)

thanks for the pep.

domina mckenzie, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  10. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't get the point of this thread.

makeit easy, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  11. Andy Benson

Andy Benson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Domina, good to meet you on the forum. I'm new to this forum and to Internet Marketing, although I have been marketing "Offline" for over 20yrs now. Based on what you have said, you already have something to share with newbies on your blog. You may feel like a complete beginner as I do, but the fact that you have a blog, and have writing skills puts you ahead of many. I too have a hosted blog set up, linked to Aweber and a basic sales funnel in place. These are the raw basics for me and like I said, I'm still learning and starting all over when it comes to marketing "online" but I can still pass on what I learn as I learn it, to help those who are not at my current stage. This builds relationships, and gains trust. Then you can start to build a list of followers to your blog, who in turn become subscribers to your autorespnder list. From there it's a continuation of building on the relationship you have with your list subscribers, giving value, telling YOUR story and offering quality products for them to purchase.

I have two mentors who still use this method day in day out and they are both 7 figure marketers, so I know it WORKS! It's not fast cash but it will build you a long term business that is both sustainable and one that wont fall prey to any changes Google make.

You might also want to consider offering your writing services on the Warrior Forum in the "Warriors For Hire" section to get some cash coming in. Then the posibilities are endless! YOu can then write a book about how you make money usine the WFH section of the forum, and give it away to build your list etc etc.
    It's all about making the most of your skills NOW while you continue to grow and learn. Eventually you will brand yourself as an experienced Internet Marketer and people will follow YOU rather than you trying to chase them!
    I have always been taught NOT to chase the money, but let the money chase me! That's a hard one to follow when were all trying to make a living, but long term THIS is the way to make BIG money on the internet as opposed to just doing "OK" on the internet.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Best Regards,

Andy Benson

Andy Benson, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  12. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're sexy and all but I don't understand what you're saying... If you want to you can, all start out as newbie. What you exactly mean by Internet Marketing? Do you plan to build your own business?

You have to know what you want to do online... based on your skills, experience, what you know and stuff like that - you want to become a blogger? have your own business? make money with ebay? affiliate marketer? Any idea? I won't suggest whatever you do the Internet Marketing niche (selling make money online stuff or seo stuff) it's mistake all do, find the niche that suits you, learn niche marketing.

jacksarlo, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  13. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes of course
    there is so much of money to be made online -
    so lots of room for newbies.
    But newbies need to work hard to earn that money.

vna1611, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  14. logoonlinepros12

logoonlinepros12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Modern websites depend on (SEO) for higher positions in search engines.For example, if someone queries "beaded ear-rings," on search engines they will start at the top of the list and work their way down.

logoonlinepros12, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  15. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    We all were once newbies and you can earn and succeed. It all depends from you,and your work. If you really think that you can and every day want to learn something new you will make it. So get on the business. I wish you all the best.

BusinessMaker, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  16. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there is plenty of room for a newbie in Internet marketing. I'm assuming you want to get into affiliate marketing, as this is the most common reason people get into Internet marketing. Pick a niche that you enjoy, and know a lot about. Find an affiliate program that goes well with your niche of choice, and start selling their product or program. Now you should learn SEO if you want to get into affiliate marketing, and just overall if you want to get into Internet marketing, because SEO is the key to receiving free traffic. Learn how to find niches with low competition, etc.. there's so much to learn, learn as you go, experience is very important.

cronik, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  17. backlinkman

backlinkman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    If you have writing skills your are ahead of many people, you could even offer this to get some cash to invest in your business. There is nothing wrong with a blog you can get aweber and start to build a list of clients and build a good relationship with them. If you blog is niche specific you can add products to your blog and make sales and offer your writing services. Learn the basics of Seo and start to add new posts targeting specific keywords you want to rank for just make sure the keywords get good traffic and the competition is not to hard. Get more keywords and write more post targeting them and you will get traffic and sales. We all have to start somewhere and there is nothing wrong with what you are doing you just have to develop the blog and add products.

backlinkman, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  18. XmasDummy

XmasDummy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    interesting, however is there any other options? I suck at writing lol

XmasDummy, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  19. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Pay someone to write for you then.

MIYABI, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  20. dark143i

dark143i Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt you can learn SEO just by writing. If you have a lot of time you could set up a blog where you are offering services and use it for Affiliate marketing. Or, you could make 3 sites: a blog, a service offering site and an Affiliate marketing site. If you are lazy to write or manage the sites you can pay someone to do it for you. Find some indian people because they would do any work for pretty cheep.
    A great alternative would be offline marketing. If you know how to do it it's actually cheaper and more effective.

dark143i, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    Jerlene.net likes this.