1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building A Website In A Few Steps? How Does This Work?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Imtrying, Feb 15, 2013.

Ok I'm brand new to online marketing with a website, so I need to know if I'm doing this right.

I want to build 100 content websites, my goal is to earn average $5 per day per site with adsense and clickbank.
    That's $500 a day with 100 websites.
    But I don't want to do any work other then setting them up and hit publish, and let the organic traffic make me the money, so since I'm new, is it this simple:

Step 1: buy a domain at godaddy for $10 a year
    Step 2: buy basic website builder for $20 a year
    Step 3: hire someone to write UNIQUE content for me (I'm super bad at writing content and its taking me forever)
    Step 4: add clickbank links hidden in article text and add adsense
    Step 5: hit publish!
    Step 6: wait 6 months
    Step 7: cash in $5 per day per site?

Now notice I didn't add do seo work? Because I hate seo work with a passion, I just wanna add a few tags with website builder and that's it! I will never ever do seo work because it literally sucks!
    So my main question is, will I start seeing organic traffic after those 7 steps without doing seo work other then adding unique content and tags and see steady income?

Imtrying, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  2. Affiliatehelpr

Affiliatehelpr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Some will say yes but in reality by you not doing anything but putting up a website with a few articles you're making it harder on yourself. If you're not willing to put in the work to really bring in the organic traffic you'll fail tremendously. I'm not saying that to put your idea down, because it actually is a good idea as far as building numerous sites and adding unique content but who really wants to sit around for 6 months only to make $5. Thats a complete waste of time and effort.

Not to mention that while you're sitting around for 6 months your competition will completely blow you out of the water and you wont stand a chance to compete. The key here is consistency! You're focused on a set and forget method when you're not even willing to do all the steps necessary to make that possible. You're just putting yourself in a hole only to stay in that hole.

If you want it to work, you need to do the work that is necessary to make it possible.

Affiliatehelpr, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  3. cjbmeb14

cjbmeb14 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A while ago you could have easily have done this, but not anymore.
    With Panda and Penguin updates it is a different story these days. Google now have constant updates and the only sure way of ranking sites high these days is to follow certain guidelines.
    1. Regular updated unique content.
    2. Social linking from Facebook, Twitter, Squidoo and Google Plus to name a few.
    3. Do not do keyword stuffing.
    4. Do not go for hundreds and thousands of links.
    5. Link to useful external sites to make your content more valuable.
    6. Make use of Youtube.

These are just a few things you should be doing. So you can see to launch and maintain 100 sites nowadays is virtually impossible.
    Better to create one good site that you can maintain on a regular basis. Add Amazon, Adsense and sell advertising space.

cjbmeb14, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  4. M0NEY

M0NEY Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why buy a website builder when you could be using a free CMS like Wordpress that will most likely do most of what the website builder can for free. That'll take $20 off your budget and allow you to spend that on content/SEO for the site.

M0NEY, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    100 websites at $10 per domain = $1000 renewal fees per year.
    if each site has only 10 articles of 500 words each, at a cost of 5c per word = $250 per site, x 100 sites = $25,000.
    So first year costs are gonna be $26,000
    Somehow I fail to see how worrying about a $20 software will make a difference in your overall budget plan. Only thing I will say is that with wordpress its easier to throw up different themes on each site and you can spend more time promoting your sites rather then building them up from scratch.

If you are serious about your plan, (paying for all content on 100+ sites) then I think your kidding yourself if you think that your site will do well in search engines completely by accident. $26,000 is too much to risk that your sites will be lucky to do well.

My advice, try one site, and once you get that to $5 per month, THEN think about adding more sites.

matt_62, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  6. Affiliatehelpr

Affiliatehelpr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

I seriously have to agree with Matt here. Thanks for breaking it down!

Affiliatehelpr, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  7. Mouad.bk

Mouad.bk Member

Best Answers:
    Fully agree with Matt.. i know a friend who gets some 1000$ per day and he has just 3 blogs... so try with 1 and after you get more money you can spend it in a real business ...

Friendly Mouad..

Mouad.bk, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  8. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Imtrying!
    Things have changed in 2012 and now it's all about larger sites with high quality content and maximising social engagement.

You're better off having one or two sites in a niche you like and put really good content up there. Then you can get visitors to this terrific content which they will be happy to share using the social network links which you have displayed. You can even display additional content on the page on condition that people share. That can work.

This way of doing things - getting a conversation going online - stops you depending on Google for your traffic. And funnily enough, Google actually prefer this too; so they will send you some traffic, you just won't be relying on it. So next time they change their algorithm massively you really don't care!

BTW it's very important these days to get your Google authorship confirmed. That means you get your Google profile picture next to your posts when they are displayed etc. So Google it (LOL) and do it. :)

Cheers

Malc

malcsimm, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  9. backlinkman

backlinkman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow, you have the drive to build 100 websites but don't want to do any Seo, why? Yes i am sure you will get some organic traffic from keywords that will rank naturally but seriously if you are going to spend that amount of money building 100 sites you have to take Seo seriously if you want to get traffic. You can have 1000 sites but without any traffic you are wasting your time and money. Keyword research and competition analysis is one of the first steps you must do. Picking the right keywords and targeting them is crucial and a step you cannot ignore. Not all keywords are the same and you need buyer keywords with good amounts of traffic so your seo efforts are worth the time. Get your keywords and check the competition so you know you can rank as quickly a possible. I would drastically reduce the number of sites, pick a good product, do the keyword research, check the competition and get the site built. Have a main seed keyword for each product and several secondary keywords. Get your on-site seo right then start to build your baclinks from web 2.0 sites, articles, press releases, bookmarks, social sites like youtube, twitter etc.... There is no easy way to make money online it take hard work and dedication and one hell of a lot of frustration when you are first starting out...

Good luck
    Steve

backlinkman, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  10. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Once again, DON'T RELY ON SEO. I see Interflora got hit by Google today. Interflora are the biggest, longest-lasting, fuddy-duddy flower delivery service nationwide in the UK. Yesterday they ranked on page 1 for "flowers" - as they should! Today - oblivion. That is going to hurt!

If you have your game plan based around Google, they are always going to have a hand on your testicles (sorry - no femail equivalent: but you get my point I'm sure :) ).

Get your traffic from social, based around really good content, and see Google as a bonus.

Malc

PS Interflora! Can hardly believe it!! Shock horror!

malcsimm, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  11. sbucciarel

sbucciarel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid with the panda and penguin updates, you'll end up with 100 fairly worthless sites sitting around collecting dust and a big renewal fee at the end of the year. This might have worked for some before the Google algo changes, but not likely to work now. To do it right, you'd need to keep adding unique, relevant content and do some SEO.

sbucciarel, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  12. Imtrying

Imtrying Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the advice, I'm going to look forward to a few websites where I can affiliate products and adsense that's a members site, only problem is that most ideas of a website are already taken, so that's the hard part, what idea for a website?

Imtrying, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  13. malcsimm

Best Answers:
    Did you like my ideas? :confused:

"Things have changed in 2012 and now it's all about larger sites with high quality content and maximising social engagement.

You're better off having one or two sites in a niche you like and put really good content up there. Then you can get visitors to this terrific content which they will be happy to share using the social network links which you have displayed. You can even display additional content on the page on condition that people share. That can work.

This way of doing things - getting a conversation going online - stops you depending on Google for your traffic. And funnily enough, Google actually prefer this too; so they will send you some traffic, you just won't be relying on it. So next time they change their algorithm massively you really don't care!"

Best, Malc

malcsimm, Feb 22, 2013 IP