1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Do You Do When A Client Only Wants White Hat Seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by CNlinkbuilder, Feb 18, 2013.

I.e. no buying links. Do you just linkbait on a competitors website and fish out the ones that might potentially allow you to get a link back? It can also be tricky because some people want a mutual-link and sometimes clients do not want mutual links. I have seen this from very competitive and large businesses.

CNlinkbuilder, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  2. Sabre

Sabre Member

Best Answers:
    Explain to the client that although link buying is TECHNICALLY black hat SEO, it doesn't mean that you can't buy links if they are from industry leading sites. It won't be cheap but it will certainly have some form of positive effect. Remember that the type of link buying Google is trying to get rid of is crappy mass link buying, they won't penalise a site who is utilising a quality, focused link buying strategy as it simply won't be highlighted as suspicious.

If they don't have large amounts of money to expend on their SEO, ensure their on-site SEO is running as smoothly as possible. You should be able to achieve a lot on-site and start generating quality backlinks from others linking to the content on the site, blog etc.

The worst type of backlinking you can do is mutual/cheap bought links. You can pretty much guarantee your client will be hit by Google further down the line.

Sabre, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  3. CNlinkbuilder

CNlinkbuilder Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed! Thank you for your input. I would 'like' your comment, but I still don't have the 'like' button option.

4. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would explain to those seeking 'white hat' only SEO services that Google does NOT want to see any artificial optimization in sites, be they white hat or black hat. Big G wants to see natural links and natural authority these days, and (for example) a new domain that suddenly has a bunch of high quality, high PR links and authority sites pointing to it, or is tweaked 20 different ways on page for SEO, is a big flag that the site is being artificially optimized. The hammer will come down on it whether it's WH or BH.

melprise, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  5. CNlinkbuilder

CNlinkbuilder Member

Best Answers:
    Very true!

6. Sabre

Sabre Member

Best Answers:
    You are aware that SEO is not all about link building right? You can artificially optimise your site for the benefit of search engines whilst still maintaining a high level of usability - in fact, that is what any good SEO company should provide their clients. White hat SEO is effectively SEO practices that have been 'approved', meaning your statement doesn't really make much sense.

Sabre, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  7. melprise

Best Answers:
    All I'm saying is, following the recent updates, any 'optimization' that Google views as not natural, is not considered 'approved,' which is to say deliberate SEO practices, be they on page or off page, white or black, technically are NOT approved by Google. Google prefers natural content, linking, and authority over optimization techniques, which by its nature is artificially trying to boost a website's position.

8. Sabre

Sabre Member

Best Answers:
    So you're saying that all websites should avoid taking any form of optimisation into account when creating a site or building content? Poppycock.

Sabre, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  9. melprise

Best Answers:
    I'm saying, make it look natural, or else Google may penalize it the same way it does spammier-looking sites. Natural looking content creation, natural-looking link progression, and natural growth in authority, not unnatural or artificial optimization. Optimizing should be the minor key, while making it look natural should be the major key of your efforts.