1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What To Promote And How To Promote?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by walts1, Feb 5, 2013.

What would you look in a product to promote? How you choose products to promote?

What makes a product sellable?

How you promote stuff?
    What are the principles of promoting products?

walts1, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  2. lorraine02

lorraine02 Member

Best Answers:
    seo on b2b , search engine , forum, blog .

lorraine02, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  3. steaky

steaky Peon

Best Answers:
    I promote products through amazon affiliate program that are directly related to my pc game fan site. t-shirts, toys, stickers, iphone cases, and other random stuff.

steaky, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  4. sanhal

sanhal Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to promote a product on Clickbank you should look at the gravity figure. A gravity level of at least 20 is proof that there are other affiliates promoting the sales page. Some say you should only promote products with a gravity of over 100. Products with a gravity higher than that may be hard to promote because there are so many others promoting it.

If you promote products from ZVZoo you should look at the EPC figure. ( Earnings per 100 clicks). One coach of mine said you should not promote a product that had an EPC of under $0.70.

Sandy

sanhal, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  5. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Who can share there more intimate insider stories of how they won affiliate game?

walts1, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  6. renzemontemayor

renzemontemayor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    choose the products that is trending today,,,and many shoppers will be interested to see yor products..just a suggestion

renzemontemayor, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  7. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice thinking. How can I track trending products

walts1, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    cj.com has advertisers that pay you for leads. Usually it is anywhere from $0.25 to $2. It's not much, but leads are easier to sell. Sometimes all it takes to make a buck or two is to get someone to sign up for something (like a news letter). So I would suggest try finding advertisers that offer to pay for leads and then gradually, as you gain some experience, you can switch to advertisers that pay per sale, etc.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    qwikad.com, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  9. renzemontemayor

renzemontemayor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the most products that people are using today like ipads,tablets,in style clothings and shoes...

renzemontemayor, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  10. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have ignited a nice discussion

walts1, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  11. PerformanceMarketing

PerformanceMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    This depends if you are product, or traffic source centric.

If you are buying traffic from FB, for example, then look at what other people are promoting with the same targeting that you will be buying. Then promote similar offers.

Also - speak with your Affiliate managers, they can advise you on this.

PerformanceMarketing, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  12. domina mckenzie

domina mckenzie Member

Best Answers:
    the product you must promote is both popular and quick selling

domina mckenzie, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  13. domina mckenzie

domina mckenzie Member

Best Answers:
    If you are anything like me, I would choose products that are highly sellable and marketable:)

domina mckenzie, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  14. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How do you select them? What are the criteria?

walts1, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  15. rafferz55

rafferz55 Member

Best Answers:
    The best sites to market are: Forex, dog training, learn to play the guitar and health and fitness. Toys and cosmetics always go well.

rafferz55, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  16. Maa

Maa Active Member

Best Answers:
    I select products that I use or would like to use and they also pertain to my niche.

Maa, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  17. rafferz55

rafferz55 Member

Best Answers:
    Me too. That maybe why I haven't found the pot of gold yet. Seriously though, I found that offline marketing is also profitable - I find guys to do the work in places like India and I offer completed jobs to clients and vice versa. I visit businesses in the UK and find out what they require and take it from there.

rafferz55, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  18. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to promote a product it has to be a product that will provide a solution to the person who wants that product. What ever niche you are in, go to a forum in that niche and look at what people are having problems with.

Find a product on Clickbank, or create your own product. You might be able to find a PLR that will help but NEVER use a PLR product as is. If it is an ebook always read through it and rewrite a substantial amount of it in your own style. Go to Fiverr and get fresh graphics and a new name for your book.

bettaone, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  19. domina mckenzie

domina mckenzie Member

Best Answers:

Pretty well said. Have you tried rewriting an entire eBook? By yourself? Or should I compile my best articles on a particular niche and make an eBook out of it?

domina mckenzie, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  20. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can sell or promote anything with the right audience. Don't worry about how crammed a market is, just consider the things you have an interest in, and look at the competition to find their weakness - then beat them!

You should really choose something that interests you, something that you're pretty sure you'll be interested in a couple of months from now. Sales don't come in after only a day, it takes a little work to build your business, but if you keep at it and do something all your competition isn't then you can succeed in any business.

People start up as affiliates all the time, but they make the decision solely on what they think will sell, rather than any personal interest. Then after a month and they haven't become a millionaire they loose interest in something they had very little interest in to begin with. There are millions of dead blogs out there to show this.

I would suggest the trusty blog for sales. It's cheap and easy to create a blog and start selling. The hardest part is creating the content to sell it, and making it compelling enough for others to share. The sharing of content is one of the secrets to being successful in sales these days. It's not enough to just put something up there. Google is looking for participation, for fans expressing support for it, for surfers sicking around long enough on the page to clearly be interested in it.

Emma Pollard, Feb 16, 2013 IP