1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New To Cb

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by n00bl3t, Feb 15, 2013.

How long does CB track cookies?

for example... I upload yt video and have a bitly link on description and goes to my hop...

1 person clicks.. and leave... and then purchase after 7 days.... do I get commission for this?

n00bl3t, Feb 15, 2013 IP
  2. bri777

bri777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you only get the commission if he accesses the sales page from your link. (ie. he bookmarks your link) however if he types the websites URL instead on a different day, nada. however I don't know how long they track a browser's cookies, and you can't just simply rely on that since it can easily be cleared by a computers "cleaner" software. promoting affiliate links is obviously a numbers game.

bri777, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  3. Mohamed Elsharkawy

Mohamed Elsharkawy Member

Best Answers:
    I Wanna promote a certain product on click bank. But When I do this they give me a link with the owner website to redirect buyers to him. But I wanna redirect the buyers to the payment page without passing by the owner page.
    How I can do this?

Mohamed Elsharkawy, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  4. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cookies last 60 days - and not all computers clean them per session/per day/per anything - lot's of my affiliates makes sales weeks after initial contact or weeks after initial purchase as I have members areas with more stuff. If the user goes back to the main site directly you still get the commission unless the cookie has dropped or been overwritten by another affiliate (last cookie served wins) - there is no real stats re how many drop and when/how/etc. it's too random and always changing with all the browsers/os's/platforms/macvspc/etc. but still many rely on cookies for personal stuff, logins, bank stuff etc and don't clear them on auto nor manually..

You shouldn't do this - but if you're going to - go talk to the vendor first. There's ways to 'technically do it' but you leave yourself and the vendor liable - the vendor MUST show customers all refund polices, disclaimers, clickbank mandatory notes, your TOS/PrivacyPolicy, etc. before they make they purchase. If you bypass any of that or speak OFFICIALLY for them on your site and send them to the payment page - it's not a good look.

If someone comes back with "You can go direct to payment page with affiliate_vendor routes" - those don't overwrite cookies so you better be the first to serve it or the last affiliate before you will get the sale.

Either way don't go direct unless you have the vendors permission and show all needed info/disclaimers before they pay.

NCMedia, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've seen on some sites the problem is when they have different methods of payment and not exclusively on clickbank. So the hop link gets you to the sales page for clickbank, but if you go to the homepage then when you order it is a merchant account or paypal direct to the owner.
    This is not cool and I'm not promoting those who do it. But it is a pity because vendors can change things from one day to the next and I can't be monitoring everything all the time :)
    But yes it's a number game so those little details don't count too much anyway, like having $0.01 CPC on adsense for someads, it doesn't matter since some are $1+ cpc and if you have high trafic in the end you earn a good amount, so it's not important enough to try to block low paying ads which change all the time anyway.

JamesColin, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  6. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe it's specific to the product often.... it sounds like there is a standard hoplink cookie tracker but also some companies have them for longer, etc. It varies. Like for Amazon it's 24 hours on anything on Amazon. You have to avoid leaky sales pages, being scrubbed, etc. too.

01123581321345589144, May 6, 2013 IP
  7. fredthered

fredthered Peon

Best Answers:
    I forget how long it is but it's definitely longer than a week. I think it's of the order of a month or more.

fredthered, Aug 5, 2013 IP