1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I Blog In "hindi"?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by hackmon, Feb 11, 2013.

I am thinking to start a tech blog completely based on Indian language "Hindi".
    Like: यही तो है हिंदी;)
    Should I start such a blog, will that blog ever rank in search engine(most of the Indians use English keywords in Google)?

hackmon, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  2. prince@life

prince@life Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1) If you're planning to earn from blog, then start with only English.
    2) Hindi blog ranks in search engine only if user search using Hindi words.
    3) Even your blog ranks on search engine based on factors, like how you maintain SEO, your writings and much more.
    Overall i would like to suggest you that if you are familiar with English writings then get rid of Hindi blogs :p

prince@life, Feb 14, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  3. Arunrajvs

Arunrajvs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There are hardly any people out there I think who search in Hindi. If there are sizable amount of people searching in Hindi, then making a website in Hindi is sensible. However, most search in English, so I feel making a site in Hindi will not help you earn money. If earning money out of your site is not your priority, you can give it a try

Arunrajvs, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  4. prince@life

prince@life Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with your decision too, because if "@hackmon" is trying to make personal blog in hindi then he can go ahead, but to earn money he must go with English language.

prince@life, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  5. hackmon

hackmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply:)

hackmon, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  6. jaismeen

jaismeen Member

Best Answers:
    When you will create a blog in then it is very important people google crawler should have hindi in search engine. Your blog will be ranked but there is very less traffic in your site because you know most of people know english. When you use Google adsence in english blog than you can earn money than hindi blog.

jaismeen, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  7. khan.anzer

khan.anzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its true that for making money blogging in Hindi doesnt seem a lucrative option. However, you have to also acknowledge the fact that the number of hindi internet user especially in Indian sub continent is increasing and in some time we may see some remarkable results. Also, due to shortfall of hindi bloggers, you may still end up earning more money then an english blogger

khan.anzer, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  8. Rahul.Kashyap.Karnal

Rahul.Kashyap.Karnal Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is good way for Indian people and you can start hindi blog. but if you want to SEO (Search engine optimize ) blog in hindi language. so you should keep your blog title url in English language for exp: abc.com/how-to-create-blog. it is best way for getting result on search engine. I have seen lots blog with this type strategy. :) after all Happy Blogging

Regards
    Rahul Kashyap

Rahul.Kashyap.Karnal, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  9. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with what the previous members' have suggested: blog in English. It's going to be a tech blog so your search terms would all be in English anyway. Just put in an option on the site for users to translate the site to Hindi or another language.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  10. Jonathannnn

Jonathannnn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, It seemed to me that tomorrows consumers have to be home grown and the mass market digital generations will develop through education. It seems logical that education will be accelerated by tablet / ipad's in the ones mother tongue, (show me a child however illiterate that could not learn to use a mobile) Advertising spend will rise in Hindi script online & out of home and that national pride will dictate that the advantage will be in understanding English but keeping ones national identity ?
    English TLD keywords were/are taken by the North Americans, the mix of Hindi / English is inevitable ? Surely blogging in Hindi is the way to create a presence online and Keep ones integrity ?

Jonathannnn, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  11. easycontent

easycontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am agree with you..........I also suggest to start your blog from English....

easycontent, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  12. Feriscool

Feriscool Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to get the attention of most internet-dwellers, you're much better off with English.

Feriscool, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  13. kcee

kcee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blogging in hindi means your target audience are only those who can read the language and understand it. if you are okay with that number of persons , then you can go ahead.

kcee, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  14. Jonathannnn

Jonathannnn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Looking at the future, any idea of the population number in India that speak English & the number that speak Hindi ?

Jonathannnn, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  15. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it would rank in Search Engines and perhaps more quickly. If your target audience needs only Hindi and you can accomplish your objective through it, it might work. Plus if you want to monetize your site, it would not be a good idea.

traxport121, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  16. Robinsh123

Robinsh123 Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should start building your Hindi blog from now and if you chose to do so then you will be the pioneer blogger in future and then all the money and fame would nock your door at once.

Don't think to make money from day one (even with English blogs), but I think you could have a number of money making opportunities in a year or two with the Hindi language blog.

Robinsh123, May 9, 2013 IP
  17. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends.
    People will say that an English blog is easier as the audience is much larger but you have to think about your own skills. If you're terrible at English then it wouldn't be a good idea.

If you love writing in Hindi and you actually are good at it then definitely go for that!

Avener, May 9, 2013 IP