1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Does Everyone Think Of The New Digital Point Forum?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MobileInternet, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Arunrajvs

Arunrajvs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    When Google changes algorithms, we have to adjust according to the rules set by big G. If we can do that then why not adjust to the new rules set by DP if they have been set for the betterment of the forum. What say?

Arunrajvs, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1, Jihoy and Spoiltdiva like this.
  2. Sun_Rise

Sun_Rise Member

Best Answers:
    Design looks great!
    I am sure with this new look, for the sake of safety and convenience to conduct interests.
    but I am still confused to problems getting iTrader?
    How do I get it and to further a positive iTrader it important or not?

Sun_Rise, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  3. adam andrews

adam andrews Member

Best Answers:
    It's pretty decent when handling multiple message threads with people, I often had to track back through private messages but now they're all kept separate. Good feature!

Only issue I have is that it's a bit difficult to post new items because of the new likes system, I find I can't use the site as much as I did in the past, but as others have mentioned it has certainly cut down the ammount of timewasters/spammers!

adam andrews, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  4. seohound

seohound Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The new system is a pain in the ass.

I use Digital Point to source links for my clients, to do this effectively i need to notify sellers what links im after. Now i can do this with sellers im already in contact with but how does a new seller know what i'm after if i can't post on the link sales forum.

Annoying!!!!!

Unless this changes soon i'll be out of here and a lot of sellers on here will lose out on business because of it!

seohound, Feb 11, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not changing... so if you are just waiting around in the hopes it's going to, you can just save yourself the time. :)

digitalpoint, Feb 11, 2013 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    so are all the childish whingers
    bye bye:)

malky66, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I wonder how many people have you on ignore by now. lol

Colleen likes this.
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's probably a new dp world record..:rolleyes:

malky66, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  9. adam andrews

adam andrews Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this one, people who use the buying/selling service have kind of been left out in the dark, I don't mind contributing and I've tried to leave some decent advice and contributions on areas I know about but the likes seem to be few and far between, but then again the vast majority of people are in the same situation, there have been plenty of posts I've seen and wanted to like myself but not been able to.

Which is a shame as there are some really useful nuggets of info and updates in my industry I've heard about on here before anywhere else (recent google pagerank update is a prime example of this).

I'll keep chugging away I guess.

adam andrews, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  10. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    This isn't a contest to get the most "Likes". Yes I was one of the earlier "complainers" or "whingers" what have you about getting "Likes" to post in Buy/Sell/Trade >Templates section on DP. You'll get over it soon enough if you actually contribute not pay for cheap designs. The designers you've paid aren't complaining. No you may not have deathshadow's programming experience. It won't hurt you to actually contribute to the forum by answering questions, problems or issues posted by other DPers in other sections of the DP forums. I only gripe concerning the DP marketplace is I wish the marketplace was more like Themeforest or CodeCanyon were you can find quality digital goods you wouldn't mind paying for.

muffet, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  11. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The new forum is not to get rid of the spammers, it's to earn extra cash :).

intro, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If only we made cash from likes. :)

13. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    intro, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  14. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    muffet, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  15. dice kid

dice kid Active Member

Best Answers:
    The new DP is much better, XenForo is a much better forum software.

dice kid, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  16. cjayrc

cjayrc Active Member

Best Answers:

I didn't get any ban or infraction. Its simple, one day I signed in and could post and use my account as normal, a few weeks later I signed in to see they upgraded/added what basically amounts to xbox live achievements that popped up on my screen saying "You've been a member for this long, you've made this many posts, etc." , but that doesn't matter because I no longer can post, making this forum basically useless to me for the most part until I get someone to click "like" on some of my posts.

I didn't join this forum to talk shop, I joined this forum to do business. Since I can no longer do my business here I continue to do it on other forums where these restrictions don't exist. I don't see the point in buying a membership to post in those sections, while I have done that for other forums, those forums are proven sellers and it was worth it.

This forum has produced sales and interest but I've never advertised here enough to make it worthwhile, or interest me in paying for a membership.

Especially to post in the buy/sell/trade section.

For whatever reason they chose to implement the like system its turned me away as someone who regularly hired, contracted work to other digital point users.

While I could go to fiverr, or send some PM's or emails to those in my network to get the two clicks I need to get around the issue if I wanted, I'd rather just voice my displeasure in the thread asking what users think about the new forum.

I understand the system in terms of new members/cutting down on spam, but if you look at most of the people complaining/voicing their displeasure they are established members. They are people who regularly contribute, but be it the nature of their posts or for any number of reasons they haven't gotten "likes" on their posts.

Its turning away established members, no I don't go around having conversations on here about marketing methods, etc. As I've stated I always came here to hire workers and sometimes post my services/offers, but mainly to hire people.

So now because I am unable to post in those sections, outside of people who are still responding to my old posts (even more ridiculous, that I can reply but not bump/create new posts) There is really no need for me to come here and hire new users, because I already do that on other boards as well, and I already have a network built from previous posts here and on other forums that I can email.

At the end of the day not posting here isn't a big loss, but I would still if I could, but I'm not about to put in much effort to starting/having conversations on this forum about random subjects in an attempt to gain posting back when I can be advertising/hiring elsewhere with better results.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    cjayrc, Feb 14, 2013 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  17. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You're just proving more and more that you are the type of person this system is trying to get rid of. I mean I don't even want to list every little thing you said and explain, tired of wasting my time.
    The bottom line is something needed to be done and no system is going to be perfect and satisfy 100% of the people. However, it has made the forum instantly better and satisfied a LARGE majority of it's users. You say some sites are worth paying a membership and that you have, well the BST is way better now so maybe it would be worth it. Or worth you to take a few minutes and join in on a chat in the 'general chat' section and gain a few likes. AND if you are buying a membership at warrior forum, it's probably some of the same kinda crap that goes around there and wouldn't do as well here so maybe that's why you devalue this site...
    any way, you're making a way bigger deal out of it than it needs to be...
    once you get all the likes you need and start using the BST, you will see it is way better now. not spammed as much and your threads stay on the first page way longer.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    indyonline, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  18. tbtb

tbtb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This forum lost me and many other members because of all the new restrictions and this new system.
    I really hope the admin will regain composure and bring back the old system and take off all those restrictions, otherwise this forum is going to go down harshly.

tbtb, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  19. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    =)
    good luck with that...
    No it won't. It's getting better...

indyonline, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  20. tbtb

tbtb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh yeah, the admin maybe forgot that most of the incomes comes from premium members.
    Myself and I'm sure most of the former premium member won't renew the membership this time.
    Also the advertisements should drop drastically as the quality and traffic drops.

tbtb, Feb 14, 2013 IP