1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback On My First Single Page Website

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by bmxer193, Feb 14, 2013.

Hi everyone, I would like some feedback on my new website. Many members here suggested I start selling my services via my own website instead of fiverr so I decided to design a single page website (not including a contact page) to sell my services. Let me know what you think and yes I know I offer a website review service but as many of you probably know when you have been working on a website for hours sometimes the small things slip by. Thanks!

http://webreview.info/

bmxer193, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    The color scheme is fine. I'd redo the slider featuring your offers. Yes you should have a contact page. And you do have a few grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes.

I suggest changing the highlighted phase or wording to customer's perspective or user's perspective to clearly explain to potential clients the services you are offering them.

muffet, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  3. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its looks good.

creativewebmaster, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  4. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    For the slider, I'd put more bullets for each package, just to make it look like people get a lot more.

Not quite sure why you have a search box.

Web content with an indented first line of each paragraph is really outdated and looks weird to my eye. Increase the space between paras instead and get rid of the indent.

Move "Contact Me" to the top of the sidebar (or lose it, since you have a page for it).

Move the "Secure Payments by PayPal" info box to the bottom of the sidebar or just remove it, since you have it in the footer as well.

Lose the visitor count in the footer - that's so olde-worlde and looks awful on a pro site.

Always put share buttons (and subscribe, if needed) at the top of the sidebar, in the header or somewhere right up top where they're instantly visible.

You need Terms and Privacy pages.

Goal needs rewriting: "My goal is to assist innovators and entrepreneurs to reach their goals by helping them develop their websites to the reach their fullest potential." - "goal" repeated, remove "the". The last bit about potential sounds weird, especially since "their" can refer to the innovators and entrepreneurs or the websites.

Did anyone else note the irony of asking for feedback on a site offering website analysis and feedback? :) (No offense intended, of course... it just tickled me.)

TIEro, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  5. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really do like it, however I feel that maybe you should show all of the packages on the homepage at the same time to make options clearer. Also if you want a billing system I could recommend you a few by PM.

Original Hosting, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  6. TheHappyPeanut

TheHappyPeanut Greenhorn

Best Answers:

My only recommendation would be to code your slider's arrow buttons as sprites. As it stands, your viewers will load the initial image upon accessing the page; when they hover over an arrow button, they will have to download a separate image altogether due to the hover effect. With a sprite, your visitors will only need to load the single image.

TheHappyPeanut, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  7. Hostname.club

Hostname.club Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should replace 3 top icons on your site, because these icons are very popular and we can see it many times on the Internet. You can try Google "find icons" for more another icon site.

On the footer, the image "Secured by PayPal" looks not proferssional. I will prefer the label like "Easily makee payment through PayPal" with official PayPal logo.

You should find something on the right sidebar. Don't make it many space. Try to post some screenshots of your work.

Hostname.club, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  8. emdadblog

emdadblog Member

Best Answers:

You have done a great job. Your website is really looking good and if possible you can consider this below advice to add in your website.

1. Firstly use a html5 reset code in your html head section for old internet explorer. Add the following code only :

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://reset5.googlecode.com/hg/reset.min.css" type="text/css" />

2. Use little bit top and bottom margin in your entire webpage. Such as adding a small code in CSS :

#wrapper {margin:20px auto; padding :0}

3. For proper HTML5 body tag and SEO friendly try to use:

<body>
    <header>Your article title</header>
    <section>Content of your article</section>
    <footer>Your company info as well as copyright</footer>
    </body>

4. Try to add a blog in your HTML5 website.

Hope this advice will help you..... if you need help don't by shy give me a shout at message box. :)

emdadblog, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  9. bmxer193

bmxer193 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just made a bunch of changes and am still working on it. Thanks for the input everyone

bmxer193, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  10. Microsuck

Microsuck Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like the site. What bothers me is that it looks like every other site of its kind out there.

Microsuck, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  11. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Inaccessible fixed width layout, fixed metric (px) fonts pissing away the usability, giant waste of space rotating banner garbage, menu alignment that looks more like a rendering error than by design, broken/nonsensical use of numbered heading tags (looks like they were chosen by default appearance instead of by meaning), and an ungoly <doc brown>ONE POINT TWENTY ONE MEGABYTES</doc brown> in 49 files to deliver what appears to be a dozen or less content images and 3.5k of plaintext.

Under the hood it's that wonderful mix of HTML 5's lip-service doctype with decade and a half out of date HTML 3.2 content only further proving that the real purpose of 5 is to dial back the clock to the worst of 1997 coding practices. Tables for layout, STRONG on things that shouldn't be receiving 'more emphasis', inline-level tags wrapping block-level, lists around non-list elements (since headings are redundant semantically to lists, so if you're using numbered headings it doesn't belong in a list), presentational images in the markup, tags like CENTER that have NO BUSINESS in any website written after 1998, empty classed anchors likely for some crappy script too stupid to add them itself, fictional made up tags, inaccessible/incomplete forms, clearing DIV like it's still 2001, non-breaking spaces doing either padding or alignment's job...

Basically you've got outdated methodologies mated to technologies not ready for the lime light, resulting in a laundry list of how not to build a website.

deathshadow, Feb 17, 2013 IP
  12. Currency Trader

Currency Trader Member

Best Answers:
    Following on from deathshadow's hatchet job ... the page SEO is terrible/non-existant

Currency Trader, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  13. natesmarketing

natesmarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Two things - I do not like the "Professional Website Analysis" box. It is plain, ugly, and doesn't relate to your services.

Second, can you post some example work that you've done? That way people know what they're paying for.

natesmarketing, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  14. boomboo

boomboo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think the site is looking good concidering its your 1st single page site you have done.

boomboo, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  15. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Professional Website Analisys package doesn`t look very appealing, you might try changing it, it`s too dark. Also the footer colors, too close one to another , you should try a bit o contrast and lose the white border in the footer. You should also have a logo made instead of the Welcome message in the header. I would also use a bit of color/contrast in the content, maybe a different font for the titles?
    But overall, it looks good :)

webcosmo, Feb 20, 2013 IP