1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Social Network Have You Best Utilized For Marketing?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by oo87, Feb 12, 2013.

I am a big believer in social media marketing, but I know there is always a certain amount of disagreement over which one is the most effective, or how you should create a comprehensive marketing campaign that leverages them all together.

Which one have you found most success with? Are you running a business, a blog, ect? Do you think any of the up-and-comers (Pinterest, for example) are going to become viable contenders for marketers, or will interest begin to falter?

oo87, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  2. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    I've already tried various social media sites, I got facebook, linked in, twitter, facebook, google+, stumble upon and pinterest, its a great way to increase value of a website as long as the content are interesting and quality.

lesa mitchell, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  3. hampsterman1980

hampsterman1980 Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends on your target market I think, so LinkedIN would be better for targeting executives for example

hampsterman1980, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  4. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I really haven't found much use for LinkedIn, despite being a freelancer which would seem to make me a good candidate for the networking aspect. LinkedIn is very much about selling yourself, after all. But it is aimed so strongly at professionals at the higher end of the scale that I have always felt it is probably more useful for hiring or larger scale affiliate/funding deals. Not basic content or social marketing.

But that is a pretty biased opinion, I am willing to admit that. lol.

My own recommendations for most people when it comes to social media has been a combined use of Facebook for engagement, Twitter for reputation management, Pinterest for image and infographic sharing, YouTube for repackaging past content in a new way or advertising, and a personal blog for content.

oo87, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  5. IvanVeg

IvanVeg Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess it sort of depends on your niche

For an example, if I have a gossip blog, I surely wouldn't use linkedIn but would leans more towards twitter.

For me, In the beginning I used facebook a lot, but that seems a bit too over-saturated atm.. So I mostly use twitter now & days

IvanVeg, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  6. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    While I think FB is best for customer engagement still, just because of that over saturation, not to mention a crucial tool for one on one customer service, I don't like it for marketing. Despite their attempt to make it increasingly more business based, such as their foray into storefronts, it just isn't panning out.

I was rather skeptical at first, but I think Google+ is going to prove to be much better for B2C marketing. Just because they are dominating the social web by integrating their other services these days. For content marketers and blog owners, the Google Authorship program is proving to be all the more crucial just for the sake of protecting their copyright.

It is nice to see Google finally doing what they are good at instead of trying to compete on even footing with sites like Facebook. It was a long wait for a viable social network from their corner.

oo87, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  7. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use facebook, linked in, twitter, google+, stumble upon and pinterest but seems stumble upon is very helpful for me.

atsad, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  8. Lkimmel

Lkimmel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey oo87,
    You've shared a lot of interesting ideas. The thought that Facebook isn't really great for B2C is a discussion that's been had many times before I'm sure. It'll be very interesting to see how Google+ pans out as they've added a lot of new features in the past year.

I think Facebook is a very viable option for businesses trying to acquire new prospective clients and it really depends on the niche being served.

To answer the main question though I think I would have to say you need to be everywhere. You absolutely cannot afford to ignore anything without at least trying it first. It's very important to test out each platform for a while and see how each of them convert into new prospective clients.

Lkimmel, Feb 18, 2013 IP
    oo87 likes this.
  9. muthu.seo.7

muthu.seo.7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use facebook, linked in, stumble upon , twitter, google + and more .. :)

muthu.seo.7, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  10. Cart2Cart

Cart2Cart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ for most companies that would be enough. However, you should consider peculiarities of your business. For instance, if your company sell products to foreign customers try to figure out which local social networks are popular. Most of them are Facebook clones, however they are better adapted to local realities that is why natives usually love them more.
    And don't forget YouTube. Many people consider it to be social network. And it can bring significant results if you have a good video content.

Cart2Cart, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  11. scholarsjunction

scholarsjunction Member

Best Answers:
    At present I am going with facebook, twitter, google+ and tumblr.

scholarsjunction, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  12. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This is an excellent point. Social based marketing should always take into account the region of its target base. I have been disappointed in the past to see so many businesses that are building an online presence failing to properly reach out to international markets this way. There are plenty of places out there that show statistics on the most popular social networks, search engines, video sites, ect for different countries.

oo87, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  13. yasigits

yasigits Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I always use facebook, twitter, stumble upon, linkedin, gplus, tumblr and pintrest. And they always done a good job for me.

yasigits, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  14. links123

links123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    All these Social Networks are now flop. The best one is Reddit so I am now using it. Initially I was using FB, twitter, stumble upon, LinkedIn etc but now these all are not generating traffic. Reddit is new one to explore and should be explored.

links123, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  15. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Reddit is an excellent content curation option, as well as a user-based, vote-generated site. But it has limited uses, whereas multiple social media platforms can give you a more well rounded, balanced campaign.

That said, I am a self-confessed Reddit junkie.

oo87, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  16. iscomi

iscomi Member

Best Answers:
    I use a lot of social media like : facebook,twitter,google plus,pinterest,stumble upon, linkedIn etc , All social Media sites can be productive for you if you know how to use them in the right way.!!

iscomi, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  17. alek

alek Banned

Best Answers:
    Social media is really a great way to get traffic and make your site popular. I personally believe in facebook and twitter these are two sites which provide good results all the time.

alek, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  18. Luke_Wright

Luke_Wright Member

Best Answers:
    I used many social sites to bring more traffic to my website. And I did the best job with Twitter. Also I think that LinkedIn can be very helpful and good. Facebook is maybe a slightly more complicated than Twitter so I always prefer Twitter. So if you want my personal opinion,you should definitely work with Twitter and LinkedIn most.

Luke Wright

Luke_Wright, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  19. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Facebook is the best tool to build a community around your brand. A problem may arise if users begin to express our company on negative reviews. It's a good reason why many companies simply should not count on the network. They will then have to focus on tackling this type of crisis.

Many companies forget that the mere possession of fanpage on the internet is not enough. You have to actively communicate with customers and provide them with valuable content from your niche.

Using Linedin can help you create business contacts. It is very important for industries such as marketing or advertising. Networks can provide us with new contracts and the necessary knowledge to conduct our own business.

prawyyy, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  20. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used Facebook, twitter, pinterest, and stumbleupon for marketing. I think every one should have to spread out owned site or business through all social networking site for marketing. As per my experience, twitter and Facebook is best...:)

afoley77, Feb 20, 2013 IP