1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would This Be A Good Business Model?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by JLeon, Feb 9, 2013.

Hey everybody,

I'm thinking of a new business model and wonder if this would be something that can become succesful.

Basically i was thinking on starting a fiverr like marketplace for seo and internet marketing micro jobs. Now before you shoot me already i will tell you how i thinking about tweaking it to stand out.

I will build the marketplace on a forum related to internet marketing and seo and rive traffic through it from the search engines with good content. To start with there would be 5 people creating about 20 accounts and constantly post good content on it.

For the marketplace i will keep it free to post jobs until there are about 500 members and around 1500 jobs listed. After that i will charge 10$a year to start posting jobs.
    Why will i charge? Here is what i came up with:
    - I will implement an affiliate program that makes people earn 5$ for every referral and they will earn 10% of the commission that person makes (we will charge 20%)
    - If people need to pay to list jobs, they will be more active promoting their jobs since they want to make their 10$ back.
    - If we charge we can more ensure the quality of the jobs listed since members will respect the terms of service more as they will be afraid to get banned.
    - There will be fewer jobs so everybody will get more exposure for their jobs.

So what do you think? Is this a good plan? :)
    Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks

JLeon, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  2. dice kid

dice kid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't this just like SEOClerks? I don't mean to by harsh but they have invested thousands of dollars into their site. If you can't do that then I don't see it going anywhere :(

dice kid, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    JLeon, of course it sounds like a good plan, I wish you all the best if do venture out with your ideas. It also sounds like a lot of work. Is this your first project of this sort or do you have a previous experience?

qwikad.com, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  4. JLeon

JLeon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey thanks for the replies.
    - DiceKid: Yes it's similar to seo clerks, but that's a free site so anybody can just post their microjobs on there, resulting in lots of low-quality products. Since we will charge we will attract people offering high quality products. And the affiliate program will be installed to get people promoting our site to sellers. (a lifelong 10% commission for everything they sell)
    - qwikad.com: Yes we do have experience with other project and have another one right now also related to seo. Let me tell you this, just enter "seo chat" in google and our forum is second place already ;)

Thanks for the replies!

JLeon, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  5. Jd19

Jd19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

That is identical to SEOClerks, who started the affiliate for life.

Jd19, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  6. tom11011

tom11011 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a good plan. In my opinion, the most important ingredients in any undertaking is desire, focus, and the ability to stick with something for the long haul. Without these, it will be just another site for sale here on DP in a year.

tom11011, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  7. mrhodus

mrhodus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well put @tom11011

mrhodus, Feb 15, 2013 IP
    tom11011 likes this.