1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pr0 Site Gets Significant Traffic From Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by noodlemanc, Feb 10, 2013.

My PR0 site still ranks first page in Google for a number of phrases, and it gets significant traffic from google... yet it’s PR0! Does anyone know how that’s possible?

Thanks.

noodlemanc, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  2. soopoot

soopoot Member

Best Answers:
    Either you have great content or you're in a low competition niche.

soopoot, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  3. woja

woja Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR and SERP rankings are two different things.
    I have a PR1 site that gets over a thousand organic unique visitors daily, and a PR5 website that gets around 10.

It's all a matter of the amount of content you have on your website, the competitiveness of your niche and the keywords you're ranking, and your backlink portfolio and site age.

woja, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  4. noodlemanc

noodlemanc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks guys! So when looking to get traffic from Google, PR is kinda irrelevant? Because as you said, PR doesn't equate to a high SERP rank?

noodlemanc, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  5. Dracs69

Dracs69 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google Page Rank is just and indication of vouches for a site, kind of like link votes. SERP rank is calculated differently using Google's complex algorithm. Thus having a high PR doesn't necessarily mean you'll be ranked high on the SERPs as well.

Dracs69, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  6. noodlemanc

noodlemanc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sweet as, then.

cheers

noodlemanc, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  7. CNlinkbuilder

CNlinkbuilder Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah! It is very possible! Sometimes solid on-site SEO can help but it depends on the market and keywords (Etc). For example, it's going to be very unlikely that a PR0 site will rank on the first page of Google for "web design agency" because of the keywords competitive nature. It will need some help with off-site SEO to help it get there. You could also be seeing traffic if you have added your business to search engines map capabilities, like Google Local (etc). I do have clients that collect a healthy amount of organic impressions because of this. Another thing is PR is slowly loosing it's relevance but it can give you insights into a site at face value (as long as it's not a manipulated PR of course).

CNlinkbuilder, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  8. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

I never even check the PR on my money sites, I couldn't give a stuff about it.

jamesbrands, Feb 11, 2013 IP