1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Let Everyone Like Posts For A Limited Time

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Wincrew, Feb 8, 2013.

So my suggestion is. For a limited time let EVERYONE to like each other's posts.

Why? Because that is a new function, there are too many people who cannot access the market and it is pretty hard to get these likes in a short amount of time.

This would speed up the process, would remove all the hassle and no one would make any complaints. That's not a free access to market section, you just need to get 3 likes from anyone, rule still apply.

Discuss.

Wincrew, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That sounds like a really good way to just like exchange. Not going to happen. :)

People had almost 9 years to get positive rep in the old system (which was converted into likes).

digitalpoint, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Bald blue headed Jesus, why stop there? Why don't we all for a limited time exchange passwords, pin numbers and credit card numbers too?.......Let's just PARTY!

Spoiltdiva, Feb 8, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Why is it difficult? I can't see that you've tried. Do you know about PHP, Apache, CSS, marketing, Adsense? As examples of sections you could go in to help people.

ryan_uk, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  5. Wincrew

Wincrew Banned

Best Answers:
    I had 2 or 3 positive feedbacks, none of it is left now!

Also exchanging likes is prohibited.

Wincrew, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  6. OaldDesign

OaldDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that is a good idea i agree with that, it is hard to get likes here.
    On the old forum i used to have about 44 good itrade the site admins should have taken experience and itrade in account but look like they didn't.
    It sure would be a good for me if your idea would have work, but it is probably not something that going to happen.

OaldDesign, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  7. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with this suggestion is that it only benefits you and that is the only reason you want it. What about members a year from now? Do they not deserve the same special treatment only because they registered after this like exchange? I think you will find as time goes on and more people just accept the system that likes are given more frequently and it becomes easier to become Established. But it is still the only way to offer the BST to members for free, while keeping all the would-be spammers and trolls out. Who better to grant you access to the BST section than your fellow members?

r3dt@rget, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  8. Wincrew

Wincrew Banned

Best Answers:
    R3d, it does not benefit me only, it benefits everyone. Where did I state that?

Wincrew, Feb 9, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  9. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't state that, but it's what your intention is. You see, it only benefits members "right now" and you are part of that "right now". Would you feel the same way about this suggestion if it applied to everyone else but you? As I said before, you are trying to find ways around getting likes instead of just going out and posting. You have put more effort into complaining about the new rules instead of trying to follow them. The BST section is for members who contribute quality content to the forum. If you can't do that, you don't get access. Simple as that.

r3dt@rget, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  10. Steven Caller

Steven Caller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Allowing everybody to like posts would result in people setting up multiple accounts either with multiple email addresses or multiple IP addresses if necessary and liking their own posts to become an established member straight away. That would not only reduce the quality of posting on DP forums but also increase the number of inactive and non-contributing members

Steven Caller, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  11. gavo

gavo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't seem great, I registered in 2007 and have the limitations.

I don't post much but I buy the odd site or script.

gavo, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can still buy sites and scripts.

digitalpoint, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  13. gavo

gavo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a signature for 6 years, now with limitations its gone.
    I'm not to bothered it just seems a strange move for old members.

I only noticed when I couldn't post a hyperlink

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    gavo, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  14. Steven Caller

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same position as Gavo, i really would like to post a new logo contest, which I have already done in the past and been very satisfied with the results but now I have to go around posting everywhere just to get three stinking likes

Steven Caller, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  15. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:

Oh that must be so hard for you to make a massive 3 meaningful or useful posts..what are you a retard or something, it's about time shawn started banning all the stupid pathetic whinging idiots because this is just getting ridiculous having to trawl through all these pointless posts moaning about how hard it is to get 3 likes...if you don't like it..just sod off!!

malky66, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  16. gavo

gavo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I posted in the coding section helping some members, but people don't have 3 likes so they cant 'thank' me for helping.

What a intellectual post you made there, calling me stupid, pathetic, idiot, retard.

You should be banned for trolling and insulting members.

gavo, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  17. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are over 16,000 members with enough likes to like your posts, perhaps your posts weren't as helpful as you thought they were.
    You missed out "whinging"
    probably {shrug}

malky66, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  18. gavo

gavo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just remembered why I don't bother posting anyway, trolls sitting in there mothers basement throwing insults at random people :rolleyes:
    You don't have to trawl through all these 'useless posts' you could get off the net, go outside and try speaking to people the same way you do on this forum, you would get sparked out.

Your even trolling useless threads right now
    malky66 was last seen:
    Viewing thread Let Everyone Like Posts For A Limited Time, 2 minutes ago

gavo, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  19. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:

I think the reason you don't post is because you have absolutely nothing of any interest to say..as proven by the amount of "likes" you don't have.
    and lol.."sparked out"... whether i'm on the internet or in the pub or anywhere else if someone pisses me off i let em know about it...

malky66, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  20. Steven Caller

Best Answers:
    Gavo, I have to agree with you, Malky66 was out of order to call either of us those things and ought to be banned. I have to remind you that writing a post just to insult somebody and tell them to "sod off" is exactly the kind of wasteful and hurtful behaviour that Digital Point wishes to discourage with this new system.

Steven Caller, Feb 11, 2013 IP
    jimmyn115, Colleen and r3dt@rget like this.