1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking For Web Host!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Blaxus, Feb 7, 2013.

I'm looking for a Web Hoster with specific requirements.
    I highlighted the most important requirement in Red. Normally I don't mind if the PHP version is higher then PHP 5.2, but in this case it turns out that PHP 5.3 does not support Zend Optimizer and is not backwards compatible.

Since the new Zend Guard Loader upgrade is around 600$ a year I don't blame the developers not supporting it. But This puts me in a shitty position, where I am forced to look for an alternave web host for the Website I am about to setup. Since my current host only uses PHP 5.3

All of the above requirements have to be met. So does anyone know of a Web Host that supports these requirements?

I'm not looking for uptime hosting. Just a regular hosting that supports all requirents and I already host my domains somewhere so Parked / Addon Domains preferred.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    Blaxus, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  2. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your issue will come back to haunt you not long in the future as providers upgrade their servers, PCI compliance requires maintaining an updated PHP version as well. Personally I would suggest getting a VPS so you could customize it as you needed and it would stay that way.

ironcladservers, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  3. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with Ironclad...But then again, maybe they will update it so it does work on higher levels?

superrichguy, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  4. Blaxus

Blaxus Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to the owner of the Software i'm trying to purchase, they do say that their script also has a Zend Guard Version, which would essentially solve the problem. But they won't confirm it anywhere on their website, which makes me a little wary.

I used to own a VPS but it was pretty expensive at 26,80$ a month. And many times I never needed this kind of power, but when it comes down to the fact that I need specific requirements I might need to go a route where I can choose my own features like PagodaBox...

Come to think of it, I'm running over there right now because they allow you to start for free right? Might throw a PHPInfo file on there and see if the BoxFile allows me to change the features.

Blaxus, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  5. Andy Lippis

Andy Lippis Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest find a good host that offers VPS and have them Build it to your requirements

Andy Lippis, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  6. Blaxus

Blaxus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just to clarify. I found that it works on PagodaBox by doing changing the Boxfile settings like so:
    web1:
      php_version: 5.2.17
      php_extensions:
        - apc
        - pdo_mysql
        - mysql
        - curl
        - gd
        - ZendOptimizer
      zend_extensions:
        - ioncube_loader
    Code (markup):
    So I might just have found the solution that isn't going to screw me over with upgrades.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    Blaxus, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  7. PersonaNonGrata

PersonaNonGrata Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm with adelinahost, and I'm happy:)

PersonaNonGrata, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  8. HostMantis

HostMantis Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think in the end, obtaining an updated version of the script encoded in the latest version of Zend from the developer would be the best thing do.

HostMantis, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  9. Blaxus

Blaxus Active Member

Best Answers:
    The script is not cheap, but it's a good investement for what it is. I contacted them, and they said no one ever claimed that it wasn't supported. But they have to put it in their requirements then.

I'm not one of those people you can trick into buying something, and then it won't work. At the end of the day they just are pretty lazy. They say "you can buy the open source license, doesn't have encoded files" but at double the price. Yeah, I'll take my chances.

Blaxus, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  10. Blaxus

Blaxus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to go with PagodaBox so I found my solution as far as I am concerned... anyway, if this type of "cheap webhosting" nonsense is what's left from now on in this thread, then consider me unwatching it...

Blaxus, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  11. PersonaNonGrata

PersonaNonGrata Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As a domain registrar godaddy is the best, but as a hosting provider they are bad

PersonaNonGrata, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  12. thexyz

thexyz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A good host often depends upon the level of support offered, check reviews and ask plenty of pre-sale questions.

thexyz, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  13. roadbest

roadbest Active Member

Best Answers:

I am using web hosting from cpanelsites.com so far so good... very stable, fast, and reliable.
    I have used others before, now satisfied with this web hosting. It is a cloudlinux web hosing with cpanel, also 1-click installation of wordpress, valnilla, and so on. just recommend it.. enjoy a day...

roadbest, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  14. JoshDylan

JoshDylan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck finding a legit host that actually offers an outdated PHP version. Most have already pushed out new updates due to significant security advantages.

JoshDylan, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  15. Blaxus

Blaxus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like I said, very hard to find. That's why I went with Pagodabox, I can just change the specifications anytime I want. Just change the boxfile & push.

Blaxus, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  16. ahmedjadoon

ahmedjadoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you really need ordinary hosting then consider this one reckhost.com , they have all mentioned modules installed.They are outside U.S and offer cheap shared website hosting.BTW they are still new to business

ahmedjadoon, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  17. JoshDylan

JoshDylan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^Did you forget to mention you own it? @ahmedjadoon.

If you want to use outdated versions like that, your going to need a vps or similar.

JoshDylan, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  18. Blaxus

Blaxus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I expected no less...

Don't worry. I know a leech when I see them. Now, I'm just not going to have a whinefest about every leech that tries to trick you into going with them. That's just a waste of my time.

Blaxus, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  19. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest you terabyet.org They will fulfill your all requirements.

iwebsocial, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  20. WebHostDog

WebHostDog Banned

Best Answers:
    Almost every web hosting will offer Zend and IonCube loaders by default and PHP 5.3/5.3 versions.

WebHostDog, Mar 7, 2013 IP