1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best security

Discussion in 'Security' started by Raja Krishna, Jan 19, 2013.

what is the best security for computers?
    best security is bit defender but will it help me from somebody hacking my pc?

Raja Krishna, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  2. winappleworld

winappleworld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hacking your PC means some one inducing Keyloggers in your PC.
    you should try Zemena AntiLogger utility which will help you protect from getting you hacked.

winappleworld, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  3. Roger Pelt

Roger Pelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is plenty of ways to secure your computer from the hackers. You should follow some tricks to protect your PC. Your system should regularly install updates, your all programs & software up-to-date and it is better to use 64-bit OS. Use data encryption for your hard disk. Use strong password for your important data and it is better minimize use of administrator account for your daily uses.

Roger Pelt, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  4. Sashakta

Sashakta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013. best security for computer

Sashakta, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  5. Irop Paze

Irop Paze Active Member

Best Answers:
    Linux + ClamAV + iptables (internal) + pfSense (external)

Irop Paze, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  6. anika

anika Active Member

Best Answers:
    Get Linux :) You're safe from 99% of the attacks out there even without ClamAV or iptables, which takes times to learn.
    Else, the basic MSE(Microsoft Security Essential), Malwarebytes Pro are the two of the best and free solution out there for basic protection of your Windows PC.

PS: Make sure to update your Windows every week using windows update and update your Web browser/java(JRE), since most attacks exploits those holes.

anika, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  7. Irop Paze

Irop Paze Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do second Malwarebytes on Windows but I would also add either comodo for a PC or clamwin for a server. I'm also a fan of secunia psi for watching third party patch versions i.e. firefox, java, adobe.

Oh, and love it or hate it, but windows firewall is actually great at least for my servers that don't change software or ports often.

Irop Paze, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  8. Eve1980

Eve1980 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "Get Linux :) You're safe from 99% of the attacks out there even without ClamAV or iptables, which takes times to learn."

Anika is right with this, it's a matter of proportions as well as system development-linux systems have a simpler architecture, the apps and data files are stored in central repositories that are more secure than all the download locations windows software has, and it's not as worth the hacker's time to work on them anyway as they constitute a minority of systems that computer users use.

Eve1980, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  9. Irop Paze

Irop Paze Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's true that Linux is the minority out there, but it's very much worth a hackers time to break into them on the enterprise level. Script kiddies and hacktavist target windows systems because they are easier and make the kind of "noise" that they want, but true "hackers" go for the type of data that needs the level of protection that Linux offers almost right out of the box.

Companies and organizations aren't willing to divulge information when high value systems are targeted or compromised because it lessens customer and/or stakeholder trust and loyalty.

Irop Paze, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  10. 3mints.info

3mints.info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have McAfee i was surprised what he discovered, it really worth what i paid for it.

3mints.info, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  11. bangaloredatacom

bangaloredatacom Peon

Best Answers:
    An unprotected computers are like an open door for people who are involved in hacking computers.There are plenty of ways to protect your computer from hackers..like
    always keep on updating computer OS,
    make sure that you are using best software products and antivirus,
    your browser settings should be secured always etc...

bangaloredatacom, Feb 21, 2013 IP