1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic hit record breaking low 1-2 weeks after I start SEO service

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aab1, Jan 19, 2013.

I started a $500/month SEO service for my website around 2 weeks ago and after about a week of it starting my traffic started falling like a rock to record breaking lows (the very lowest since I've been recording traffic in 2011), yesterday I had 76 hits while the average for several months before was around 140 and before the google update in October my traffic had steadily been around 230 hits per day. On the other hand, conversion rates are at a near all-time high. My website has already gone up considerably in google results, such as from page 13 to 5 for one term, from page 18 to 6 for another term, etc.

Did google by coincidence do another update in the last 1-2 weeks that just happened to coincide with when I started SEO, or should I be worried about the SEO service I'm using? Is it possible that SEO could result in less but better quality traffic at the beginning before traffic goes up?

I'm literally spending more on the SEO service than the entire business is returning in profit in the hopes of saving the business so I really want to know what's going on.

If the person doing the SEO for me is reading this please don't be offended, I simply want to get more opinions on what's going on, considering how much my website has gone up in google results I'm very happy with the service so far, but puzzled about my all time low traffic.

Thanks

aab1, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  2. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I just realized several pages on my website started giving errors due to a corrupt database on the exact day my traffic started collapsing. However, why would traffic to my main page have fallen by half because of errors on other pages on my site?

Thanks

aab1, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  3. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Taht's becuase they're clearly using blackhat seo techniques, you need to Stop using their service immediately.

ninjamtlt1, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  4. aab1

Best Answers:
    Please see the reply I added myself above yours as I've found the cause of the collapsing traffic.

aab1, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  5. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The traffic to your home page could be because some people get on an inner page by search results and then to your home page.
    Also, check if you lost rankings for some keywords. That may happen when you start a new SEO campaign.

Winagain, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  6. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    We're facing a similar issue. We've lost many kw rankings the past 2 weeks and we're scratching our heads why those keywords have gone to oblivion. Not even in the 100th page.

Philvault, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  7. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to not taking any decision based on recommendations from people here (who do not have your full case study). So better hire a leading SEO firm for a site audit, who will give you highly personalized recommendations and will also analyze the effectiveness of the SEO service you are spending your money on.

psharma, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  8. nyczdevil

nyczdevil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hire a real company. 80% of the "SEO companies" on this site will screw your site.

nyczdevil, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  9. aab1

Best Answers:

As I explained in a reply above, the problem was an update I did to my website that caused many of the website pages to "crash" and no longer be accessible. Traffic started falling the day this bug began, I only noticed it 5 days later and the day I fixed it traffic shot right back up to normal levels and have been increasing ever since.

So my issue was completely unrelated to the SEO service.

Thank you

aab1, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  10. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing like solving your own problem and reaping the benefits of the fix.. :)

Nicely done!

Holla!~

GuruCreation, Feb 11, 2013 IP