1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion How To Get Likes Quickly And Easily - Unlock Your Privilages Now

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mr Helpful, Feb 1, 2013.

Ok so I am really new here and keep on seeing people complaining about this new liking system and how bad it is for the future of digital point forums. Now although I am really new and have no likes myself you won't hear me complaining or moaning, in fact I am quite the opposite I actually welcome this system with open arms.

Wanna know why?

Well it's quite simple really... You see I am fully confident in my ability to give valid, informative information and debate on anything that peaks my interest on these forums. So over time through contribution and intreraction I know that my value as a comunity member will increase and so will the number of likes I receive.

And for those of you worrying about getting likes I would urge you to follow my lead and sure enough your likes will rise too and you'll be able to use all of the forums features. If you are not prepared to work for your likes then you are one of the people who this system was put in place to deter, and clearly it's working given the number of complaints.

So here are my surefire tips that'll earn you the likes yo crave so badly.

1) Be active in the forum, join in threads you are interested in and contribute to the forum.

2) Start threads of your own and share your knowledge with the community, you'll soon reap the rewards.

3) Make friends and have fun, this forum is like one big family treat everyone with the respect they deserve.

Following those three simple steps will most certainly earn the trust of your new family and the likes and respect will quickly follow.

Regards,
    Mr Helpful

P.S. I'm sorry if you were expecting some magic system to gain likes, there simply isn't one. The only way you'll get them is by earning them.

P.P.S. If you're not prepared to do as I said above and earn your stripes so to speak then you don't deserve the full privilages. And you are simply justifying why this system was put in place.

P.P.P.S Peace out and have fun!

Mr Helpful, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And may i add to all the people moaning about how hard it is to get 3 likes, take a look and see the op has got 4 likes just from this one post...its as easy as that.

malky66, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  3. Jenni Clark

Jenni Clark Banned

Best Answers:
    Great post, you just earned the established membership from this one thread. Agree with all of your points. Great thread, OP.

Jenni Clark, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  4. Mr Helpful

Mr Helpful Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for dropping in guys,

I created this thread because the amount of people moaning about the system is a little annoying, I mean they could be spending their time actually adding value to the forum rather than moaning about situations that they have no control over... But hey some people want everything now and with no input on their behalf.

I can definitely see how this one simple rule will weed out all of the fly by marketers who aren't really taking internet marketing seriously. Furthermore I can definitely see how it will enhance the reputations of thosr who take this business seriously and actually dedicate time to the forum and have a will and desire to help others.

Colleen and sundaybrew like this.
  5. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    It goes fast, Once you get past the first 100 posts or so, you start to know everyone and its easier to share and learn :)

This has been a great forum for many many years -

OH PS - You should upload an avatar silly :)

sundaybrew, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  6. Mr Helpful

Mr Helpful Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey buddy,

Thanks for chiming in, I totally get where you are coming from. The way I see it using a forum is an excellent relationship and partnership builder. The more friends and acquaintences you have the more chance of success you will have. What's more once you are an established and respected member, even if you are a complete newbie... If your peers see that you are trying you are much more likely to get help with anything you may be struggling with.

Regards,
    Mr Helpful.

P.S. My user profile is next on my to-do list, just been spending a little time getting uses to the forum layout and rules etc.

7. wproute

wproute Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have the 3 likes so I can definitely relate to how other people are feeling.
    However, being frustrated and making useless threads just complaining is definitely not the way to go.

Thanks for your helpful tips.. I strongly agree that
    Contributing and being active in the forum is definitely the best way to earn that.
    If not for these changes, then I wouldn't be as active as I am now.
    So change is definitely good.. look at me, Im starting to participate in discussion
    and having fun as well!

wproute, Feb 1, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and digitalpoint like this.
  8. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have also guide how to achieve Likes in another thread than feedback&suggestions? :p

Auxi, Feb 1, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  9. Mr Helpful

Mr Helpful Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The information I have laid out in the first poat ofthis thread will work in any section of the forum.

Simply join in discussions and contribute with relevant helpful information that will add walue to the current topic and the likes will come. In fact you really should forget about the likes and focus on contributing as much helpful information as you can and the likes will naturally appear.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mr Helpful.

10. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sry, that was sarcasm. I was only refering that some people complain about Likes in this thread and get it up :p

Auxi, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  11. CNlinkbuilder

CNlinkbuilder Member

Best Answers:
    I actually don't even understand where this magical like button is? I don't even see it when someone posts. Is it only in certain forums?

CNlinkbuilder, Feb 6, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  12. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There's nothing magical about it, if you could be bothered to read the help link at the top of the forum you will understand why.

malky66, Feb 6, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. CNlinkbuilder

CNlinkbuilder Member

Best Answers:
    I read it, thank you very much. And I also saw the message in the links forum. However, if you bothered to understand my comment my point is that I do not see where the button is.

14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

if you read all the help page you would have seen the Established Members part, its all axplained there.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    malky66, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Only people that can use it can see it.

digitalpoint, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  16. CNlinkbuilder

CNlinkbuilder Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]
    ;_;

17. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It can be somewhat embarrasing when members have to draw you a picture.......especially when it was *explained* to you the 1st time.:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  18. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    some people come to the forum to get what they want (tips, informations, sell..) but forget or ignore to give back something useful to the community.

actnews, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  19. khan.anzer

khan.anzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still am wondering why there is a need to have such stringent guidelines. Getting likes doesn't prove a point. Why is there a need to set up such system?

khan.anzer, Feb 13, 2013 IP
    Austech and intro like this.
  20. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Because we had far too many low quality users posting rubbish just to get access to Buy/Sell/Trade.

digitalpoint, Feb 13, 2013 IP