1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adbrite's Site 404...

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by oo9ncom, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Freddy63

Freddy63 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    File your complains at following URL. Do it even it you're not in USA. May be they will consider it.

https://complaint.ic3.gov/Default.aspx

Hardeep Bindra was the CEO, fill his name in too. His is in San Fransisco, California.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/hardeepsbindra

You don't have to be a victim to file this complaint. Please to it. Also tell your friends to do it too.

Freddy63, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  2. oo9ncom

oo9ncom Member

Best Answers:
    Yes guyz. please do it. no matter how much they owe you. do it for justice

oo9ncom, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  3. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    did anyone tried to contact them there must be a way to reach them and get some information

aassociatehit, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  4. oo9ncom

oo9ncom Member

Best Answers:

aassociatehit, you missing a point here.

many people got their payment delayed since October (no cheque were sent in Janurary). users already tried to contact them but they didnt reply at all.

and then on 28th Jan they announced they will stop operation on 1st Feb.

On 1st Feb, their website completely disappeared.

why would they shut down a website if they are planning to pay? why not leave a notice in their site, if they already sent out a email?

a way to reach them? email? even you can reach them? what can you do really?

the only way to solve this, whoever got affected by this, they should all file a complaint to the right authroity to take care of this. even we cannot get the money at the end, whoever in charge of this company need to serve him in a right way. If they can get a way for this, many company will follow it, reopen a new company, close it and take the money away. loop loop loop. Remember, adbrite is not a small advertising company.

This is completely wrong

oo9ncom, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  5. gelboy

gelboy Member

Best Answers:
    I too will be filing a complaint so the crooks can be investigated and take them to court. I'm owed around $5000.

gelboy, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  6. oo9ncom

oo9ncom Member

Best Answers:

Please do. https://complaint.ic3.gov/Default.aspx

Not sure it is the right place but do it

oo9ncom, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  7. msk19994

msk19994 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They closed :D

msk19994, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  8. efire88

efire88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I got a mail from them saying they are closing by Feb,everyone should have got the mail from them

efire88, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  9. xennex

xennex Peon

Best Answers:
    Still their help server open but no reply i too have $ 50

http://adbrite.helpserve.com

xennex, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  10. gelboy

gelboy Member

Best Answers:
    They only sent the email on Adbrite. I did not get anything on Black Label Ads (also them). But they closed both without warning on that one. Then they skipped out on payments from now and previous months.

gelboy, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  11. virusbd

virusbd Member

Best Answers:
    Any Update on adbrite ??

virusbd, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  12. jsizzle26

jsizzle26 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can file a complaint to the bbb here: https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/ .
    The ic3 needed to know if we contacted them first.
    I lost $300 on black label.

jsizzle26, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  13. Qadabra

Qadabra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have they replied yet? I see their help server still seems to be functioning. Have you tried submitting another help ticket?

Qadabra, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  14. oo9ncom

oo9ncom Member

Best Answers:

The support system is a vendor support website. Its not owned by the adbrite. Adbrite just using them as a ticket system.

Guyz, whoever reading this, just file a complaint even they owe you a dollar because this is a very bad practice in the internet industry, if adbrite can shut down like this without paying anyone.

Many others will follow afterward, look at the "pay per click advertising" section, it is full of small CPM/CPC network. Most of them opened by one person or two with some open source script. One day, If they reserved enough money. They will shut down and re-open a new one to scam people. If we don't group together and force someone to act on it, no one will get scare.

Let me make this clear, many people got their payment delayed since october. For exmaple, They pay people with Net-60 policy. If you reached your minimum rate on October and you should receive your cheque on Janurary but I don't think anyone received any payment during Janurary (im one of them). Also there is another thread opened by another users, he also got delayed payment and support didnt even reply him anymore. After all this happened, you guyz still expecting they will pay you after they shut down their site/company without a notice in their site? Like I said before, if they willing to pay to pay you and if they are that honest, they should of leaving the site open for people to track the pending payment until they received the cheque. Get Real guyz. Act before it is too late. Without a large number of complaints (public concerns), its hard to force the proper authority to punish them.

oo9ncom, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  15. SlickR

SlickR Active Member

Best Answers:
    They went bankrupt people, you are not going to get the money and no amount of complaints are going to change that.

They didn't have money to continue operations, so nothing you can do and taking them to court won't if you are from the US will just put you 10k or more in the hole and they can not pay you.

SlickR, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  16. oo9ncom

oo9ncom Member

Best Answers:

where did you find the information?

oo9ncom, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  17. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  18. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If people want their money back they would need to join together and file a lawsuit. The owners of the company may not simply steal already earned commissions.

The real question is whether or not there is enough missing commission money at stake that it becomes worth suing over. It sounds to me, since they stopped paying some months ago, that there is probably a lot of money owed and that they have violated the law in the way they conducted their business.

If enough people think it is worth it, maybe I will set up a simple site where people can simply provide the following information:

• email
    • amount they they they are owed
    • Country the live in (This should not keep anyone from getting their money, but having a plaintiff from California, where Adbrite is based, would make it easier to bring a lawsuit)
    I can then try to see if it is worth getting a lawyer to try and recover the money owed. I hate to see people screwed out of their hard earned money. I have been using Adbrite myself for 10 years, but only on some small sites and I personally am not owed much at all.

browntwn, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  19. gelboy

gelboy Member

Best Answers:
    I would be in for that. I had multiple sites with them.

gelboy, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  20. Freddy63

Freddy63 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in. They owe me $450

Freddy63, Feb 6, 2013 IP