1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If One Original Article Submitted To Multiple Directories - Its Duplication?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by MDanish, Feb 5, 2013.

If One Original Article submitted to multiple Directories its mean one article found in from many directories. So, would it count as duplicate data in Google Eye?

MDanish, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  2. TopNotchwrites

TopNotchwrites Active Member

Best Answers:
    Previously, this was a valid exercise. However, after the Google's Panda venture, any thing that replicates itself on multiple platforms, is spammy. Avoid it. Google watches your every move :)

TopNotchwrites, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  3. luckyNumber

luckyNumber Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really? I didn't know that. I thought the point of article directories was for multiple sites to source content for their visitors. Why would that be seen as spammy?

luckyNumber, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  4. TopNotchwrites

Best Answers:
    You should not do that. Google is penalizing those who play a trick on the system. Not only will those other articles be treated as duplicates, Google will also give less to zero value to those duplicate articles. I have mentioned this several times but I am going to say it again for you. Google's definition of quality is expensive. It is. You will have to invest on quality content, which means non-spun content. There are SEO providers out there who will tell you "Oh yeah, let's just spin one article 5 to 10 times so Google won't penalize you and so you can save a few bucks." Yes, you just saved a few bucks, maybe a hundred, at that very moment but you've just planned a foreseeable day when you need to invest more than you planned for.

Always remember that you need to provide content for human eyes; more than just for search engines. I have been running my content writing services since 2005 and honestly i do offer perfect manual spin versions, but i know the client is saving a few bucks today and will be penalized in the foreseeable future.

Let me know if you require any further assistance. Hope it helps :)

5. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Gee. I hope none of your 'clients' are reading your admission here. Why take money for something you don't believe in? Further, why even offer this service to set someone up to fail?

Senobia, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  6. TopNotchwrites

Best Answers:
    Your comment is as sweet as your smile Senobia :) Can't like it because i'm not the "privileged" one yet. Talking about the admission, refer to the demand and supply rule :). I specialize in manual spinning, along with writing articles, and it makes me almost 75% of my bread-and-butter. I hope you can understand.

7. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

No, they don't. There's a difference between "duplication" and "syndication". In simple terms, as someone once explained it to me, that's what the "news wire" does: it publishes content that is intended for reuse by high-ranking sites and which points to the source. Article directories do the same thing (and generally have crappy PR and stuff simply because they're a repository, not a source of linkjuice).

You should, first and foremost, publish the content to your own site (and make sure it's indexed) BEFORE you put it on a directory, then have all the directory versions point to that same site. This way, your one is the original and all the others are syndicated versions, distributed around the web because of your awesome writing talent and ability to produce something unique and wonderful. Or because it's free... :)

There's a massive discussion about this on the Warrior Forums which goes into far too much detail. But hey, if you want it, you got it.

TIEro, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  8. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, I can't understand. Because I'm in the business of helping my clients succeed, not taking their money whilst setting them up to fail.

Senobia, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  9. Pankaj_seo

Pankaj_seo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After google updates it is consider as duplicate but you can submit same article in max to max 10 sites....as adding same article in number of site is consider as a duplicate content and you will not get approval from article directory sites...

Pankaj_seo, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  10. TopNotchwrites

Best Answers:
    Great business you are in. Keep it up.

TopNotchwrites, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  11. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

Proof, please. I would be VERY surprised if this is true, as it would effectively kill all the news wire and PR services on the Internet.

TIEro, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  12. MDanish

MDanish Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    TIEro and TopNotchwrites, you make me confuse.
    TopNotchwrites point of view - Google will Penalize
    TIEro point of view - its syndication not duplication.
    you both come up with solid points and it makes me confused.
    In simple i ask shall google penalize for SYNDICATION.

MDanish, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  13. Pankaj_seo

Pankaj_seo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now sooper article, articlebase, street articles and many sites are not giving approval because of duplication....in fact articleslash.com deleted my all article day before yesterday stating that duplicate content ...:(

Pankaj_seo, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  14. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

Duplicates of what? Content they already have? I have no idea why they'd do that, unless they're trying to have content that's unique to their site as a source for some reason. Which is kinda dumb, since they're syndicating it... so it's going to be unique for about ten seconds!

I was more interested in proof of Google considering it a duplicate (and where that figure of 10 sites came from). Individual article directories' procedures are of no import compared to how the engines see things, if you see what I mean.

TIEro, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  15. qsera

qsera Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you post the same article to multiple directories then websites like articlebase, articleslash.com, etc. will delete all your articles. Always post unique content on article directories otherwise you might end up getting suspended from all of them.

qsera, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  16. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's much better to rewrite the articles 2 to 3 times and post them to high ranking directories.

actnews, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  17. smellyfinger

smellyfinger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    "Google penalizing' ? What exactly does that mean? These words are manipulative, there is no clear definition for it. We would like to believe our own experience and it says - good remains good, even if done repeatedly :)

We have done a few experiments with it and have observed that if an article is interesting and informative, it will do well with multiple submissions as well.

Its common sense - if an article is useful for the readers, they will naturally promote it (fwd it in emails, place it in their blog/site with links of the original source etc) and there is no way one can stop that. (most article directories facilitates 'sharing' function as well ). So, one will definitely receive traffic from various sources on Internet. That should help your site.

Why bother about something which you are not sure and ignore the results that you are receiving right in front of you? The best way is to do it and see if it works for you...

smellyfinger, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  18. Bestservices4u

Bestservices4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, its duplicate content. You need to spin the article before submitting.

Bestservices4u, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  19. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

Such a bad idea for so many reasons...!

TIEro, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  20. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, since that one article is on different directories. What you can do is spin the article and submit each spun version to a different directory, making sure to keep the original article to your site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 27, 2013 IP