1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Learn How To Write Articles!!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by TopNotchwrites, Feb 4, 2013.

Hello everybody, specially to the fresh and aspiring writers. I'av seen a lot of mates asking the question "What is the Art of writing articles"
    So, here i'm about to explain the vary dynamic of article writing

It is no rocket science !

Google the topic/keyword;
    1. Explore 3-4 reliable sources of information;
    2. Rewrite everything in your own words (Google/Copyscape consider content plagiarized if "4 words in a string" are similar to any piece available on internet, so make sure you COMPLETELY rewrite HIGH QUALITY information in your own words);
    3. Keyword density (1% means use keyword 1 time in 100 words/ 2% 2 in 100 words and so on);
    4. Always use the Keyword in the first and second last sentence and once in the middle)
    And that's all!!
    More importantly be the best and most loyal friend to your client. (Off course never work without upfront :)

Solved! View solution.
    TopNotchwrites, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  2. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are attempting to teach people to rewrite, not write. The two are not the same.

TextServices, Feb 4, 2013 IP
    YMC and sarahk like this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Your opening post has grammatical errors and even forgets to use capital letters. And you forgot a period.
    Were you in a hurry when you banged this out?
    "specially" should be especially.
    "I'av" "i'm" "vary" and "no rocket science" should be "not rocket science".
    It's simply awful and *you* need a teacher as opposed to the other way around.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 4, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  4. TopNotchwrites

TopNotchwrites Active Member

Best Answers:
    You seem to be the English Master here.Please keep your opinions with you.
    Secondly, "It is NO rocket science" If you have not heard it this way, you are not worth talking.
    It would be better not to overtake anybody's post.
    These are the basics to write articles, somebody will definitely benefit from. But your post..is it worthwhile for you do criticism for the sake of it?

TopNotchwrites, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you start a thread in the discussion part of this forum then expect your thread to be discussed. I'd have to agree that you are talking about rewriting and not writing. I've read far more worthwhile threads that are no longer than yours.
    It is not rocket science: 19 million results
    It is no rocket science: 5 million results
    Maybe your way is fine in Pakistan but in Canada and New Zealand we'd definitely use "not"

sarahk, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  6. TopNotchwrites

Best Answers:
    This is casual US English :) You won't get it.
    I'm not asking you to hire me, nor i'm offering you write for me. I told you guys to stay away from all this. I can assure you i write better than you. Not new to this.

7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Fair enough, NZ English is the same as UK English than the American dialect. Those 19 million search results must have been from non-US sites.

The debate, however, isn't in your use of slang - it's that you are talking about rewriting content - not about writing new and original perspectives on a subject the client has requested (or for your own site). Not everyone wants regurgitated content that barely differs from their competitors. They want something unique that reflects the current economic/social/intellectual thinking.

and just out of curiosity... what is an angle man?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    sarahk, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  8. TopNotchwrites

Best Answers:
    Sarahk, I agree with you. But will you be able to do this for $1/100 words? I don't think so. Off course when i get paid $20 for an article, i strive to explore new horizons in writing for the client.
    It's all about the budget of your client.

For now i'm trying to find how to "like" your last comment :), which i can't. Your point is valid, but represents a different class of client's who pay better.

9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Aaah, but we were never talking about budgets - we were talking about the "art" of writing, weren't we?

I'm not a professional writer and I dropped English at high school as soon as I could. I do, however, write the content on my own sites and some at Ezine etc. I've edited books that became NZ Best Sellers (small market I know, but still!) so I reckon my command of the English language is pretty good.

sarahk, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @"Topnotch" I think not, please don't come on this forum and refer to yourself as a writer. I am 100% sincere when I say that I have taught grade 10 students (trainee/apprentices) who had a better command of the English language than you do.
    You are a disgrace to the writing profession and I can gaurantee that after your pitiful performance here that you will not gain any new clientele from DP.
    Yes I can see a prospective client thinking to themselves,"This writer makes countless spelling mistakes and has a bad attitude....yes I think I'll hire him!"

P.S. (You *cannot* write better than sarahk)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Feb 5, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard and TIEro like this.
  11. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:

I'm not even going to bother commenting on the rest of the discussion... but I had to drop in and give a big thumbs-up and a LOL to this. :)

TIEro, Feb 5, 2013 IP
    English is my mother tongue. My first language. "It is no rocket science" is not correct. The correct phrase is, "It is not rocket science."

You made a post in the forum, a discussion forum, to offer some tips / advice. You can't expect others not to comment on your post, especially when you are offering tips / advice to others. Something that someone could learn from. When you want to help others learn to write, you should set a good example. Proper grammar, correct spelling, correct punctuation...

You are responding with, "I can assure you i write better than you.", when challenged. Really? Because you aren't showing any of us that you can in your initial post and replies.

I'm sure you meant well by offering the tips / advice that you did. It just simply wasn't a good post, a good example, to get your point across. Why should anyone take what you had to offer seriously if your post talking about writing high quality content was filled with errors? (Even more so with a username of TopNotchwrites.)

If you didn't want anyone to comment on your post or only wanted positive feedback/ comments, then don't post in an open forum, a discussion forum. Stick to making blog posts on a blog where you can control the comments that get published.

I don't agree. Clients are not my friends. Sure, I have some clients that have become friends over the years and some clients who are my friends who later became clients. However, business is business. Friendship is friendship.

Yes. It is important to be professional with a bit of a human touch. Personal, but remaining on a professional level. Always remember that business is business. Never get too chummy, too personal with a client. It's not professional and will often lead to disaster. The client can take advantage of this and expect you to do things for them, almost like a favor, expecting you to discount your rate, "give them a super good deal", or worse for free, because you are "friends". They will always expect more, with giving little to nothing in return because you are "friends" and friends do things for each other.

Remember that your client is a human. Be polite and let them know that they are communicating with another human being, the "human touch" so to speak, but always remain professional in your communications. Never get too personal, too "chummy" with your clients. Over time, you may develop a genuine friendship with a client, but always remember that business is business, friendship is friendship, and the two should never mix.

I do understand what you were trying to share in your initial post. I'm sure you meant well and I don't mean any ill-will in my criticism of it. I hope that you can take a step back, let your defenses down and allow yourself to accept some well meaning criticism. I wasn't trying to be mean. Some of what you posted does have merit and could help others. You just need to fine-tune your delivery of the information you want to offer, share.

TextServices, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  13. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think also that one of the important things for any article writer is the originality and the informations given to the readers according to their cultures and knowledges .

actnews, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  14. TopNotchwrites

Best Answers:
    To be honest, i was drunk while making the post. And yes i can clearly observe the mistakes i made :) The point was just to help somebody, looking for some quick help; however that was taken in a completely wrong manner. I think it's better for me not to write anything in future, off course when i'm high.

About the client's, i feel a little different. Try to keep my distance, but offer them with the best and the most reliable service i can.
    Love your response, but won't be able to like it. I'm not the "privileged" one yet.
    Thanks though:)

15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Let's see, what do I want from a writer? I want someone who can't spell, has an attitude problem and who drinks too much.
    So please tell me what your rates are.

16. TopNotchwrites

Best Answers:
    Am i dreaming or what!! I will take this last post in its true essence:)
    Before i quote you anything it would be better, if you take a look at the 2 websites i'm currently working on.
    amusementparks.net/
    http://www.documentarydocumentaries.com/
    If you feel OK, we will talk out the details.

Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @TopNotchwrites
    You have proven that you are a good sport. Perhaps there is hope for you yet.:)

18. TopNotchwrites

Best Answers:
    Glad to read that :)

19. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Erm...American English speaker here, and no...no, it is not. If you are going to come in here and destroy your own reputation, could you maybe try not to drag my entire country down along with it? Thanks.

oo87, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  20. TopNotchwrites

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is an issue of international importance :)

TopNotchwrites, Feb 8, 2013 IP