1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Wont Google Rate My Site

Discussion in 'SEO' started by David Lough, Jan 27, 2013.

Hi
    I am extremely green when it comes to computers but have made the decision to promote my small business with a website.I have only recently worked out after lots of frustration that SEO will help my site improve in the ranking with Google.
    My site https://www.assistelectrical.com.au/ does not appear to be ranking with Google or any other search engine in my desired key words.
    Is my only option to pay for a placement on the front page?
    Any assistance offered would be greatly appreciated.

David Lough, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  2. Steven Caller

Steven Caller Active Member

Best Answers:
    you need to work consistently over the long term rather than give it a few backlink blasts or promotional campaigns. You need to give it time too as google isn't going to send a website right to number one overnight. You may also like to target specific keywords and focus on slowly building links using these words.

Steven Caller, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  3. Steven Caller

Best Answers:
    you need to work consistently over the long term rather than give it a few backlink blasts or promotional campaigns. You need to give it time too as google isn't going to send a website right to number one overnight. You may also like to target specific keywords and focus on slowly building links using these words.

4. Steven Caller

Best Answers:

5. David Lough

David Lough Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you - Will promotional campaigns work for the long term?
    I have just googled "Electrician Adelaide" and for the first time my site has come up on page 13 of the search results.
    I assume this is good for the short amount of time my sites been up.

David Lough, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  6. Steven Caller

Best Answers:
    it really depends how many sites there are with that particular keyword. Promotional campaigns can bring visitors in the short run and can lead to backlinks in the long run. I would suggest listing your site in the free trade listings etc online as they are relevant and have visitors looking for electricians etc.

Steven Caller, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  7. luxurytents

luxurytents Peon

Best Answers:
    Please check your site in Google sandbox with your specific keywords.

Thanks.

luxurytents, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  8. nehasoft

nehasoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hye may be the problem will be that your site is still in sandbox so firstly check that.

nehasoft, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  9. rajtent

rajtent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have checked your site url in Google sandbox, it is in it.Please do more SEO and change your site content with specific keyword.

Thanks.

rajtent, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  10. Alex Coleman

Alex Coleman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi David,

It is good that you have geo targeted local keywords. They are easy to rank. You need to optimize your meta tags. If you want to point keywords towards your home page then select 1 or 2 primary keywords (because character length of meta tags are limited), optimize your tags for home page as natural sentence and with proper keyword stuffed. After this you can go for some link building work for your home page with new tags and selected keywords.

Hope it will work for you :)

Alex Coleman, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  11. StayLiquid

StayLiquid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi. It takes time for Google to crawl your site and find your links for indexing. Many will never be found. Just focus on posting unique blog content at least once every 5 days. Make sure you use longtail keyword phrases in your content like;Affordable Electrical Repair Company in Adelaide or Adelaide Electrician Prices, of course use your local vernacular and common search terms and you will be ranking soon.

To get to #1, focus on how the googlebot sees your site, make sure you have no broken links and all links are crawlable. Make sure all your pages are linked together with the SHORT keywords you want to rank for. ie. Hire Adelaide Electrician, Adelaide Electrician Blog, Contact Adelaide Electrician, etc. Just don't stuff the same word on a page more than 4% density..

I 'm new and I can't post links but checkout these free tools that I learned of from Neil Patel's blog:
    Web Developer - plugin for firefox - allows you to turn off java and css when you view your site
    User Agent Switcher - plugin for firefox - you can change user agent to googlebot- See your site as google does!

Screaming Frog - free software- deconstructs your entire site into data sets that you can classify. find broken links, over character limit URL, Titles and descriptions, meta tags, anchor texts and much more... Also, you can export your data lists in CSV.

Good luck, Mate!

StayLiquid, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  12. StayLiquid

StayLiquid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What does Google Sandbox mean?

Where do you check that?

Thanks.

StayLiquid, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  13. Saikat96

Saikat96 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello David ,Sorry To Say That Google Change Heard Rule ,So When You Work Be Care Full .
    At First Follow High PR Web Site and Make Your Back-link With High Pr Web Site .

Saikat96, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  14. jamesanalyst123

jamesanalyst123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It does take some time for Google to index your website. My suggestion is to register your website in local directories and popular business directories including Yelp, Google Places and Yahoo Place Finder. In addition, build quality links which direct to your website through blog commenting and forum comments. In all of this, don’t forget to post unique, quality content that will help in improving the ranking for your website.

jamesanalyst123, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  15. chetan261992

chetan261992 Member

Best Answers:
    Don't be nervous,
    Google will take some time to rate..

chetan261992, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  16. EdgarDegas

EdgarDegas Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a expert in local ranking you shouldn't have to much trouble with that if you did the proper optimization for that if you have time on your hands there's alot you can do your self and alot you probably can't judging from the basis of your question.

EdgarDegas, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  17. EdgarDegas

EdgarDegas Peon

Best Answers:
    Your an expert electrician I assume? You wouldn't one to work in your home correct? It's all a matter of expertise just pay someone to do this for you save yourself the headaches.

EdgarDegas, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  18. Ricky Martins

Ricky Martins Member

Best Answers:
    I checked your site URL and find that you are doing spam in blog commenting.Do not Do spam comment,It will affect your site because Google crawler always work on Blogger site so be alert. Keep patience and continue your work for your website.

Ricky Martins, Mar 11, 2013 IP